Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well if I recall correctly they are connecting the Women's and Men's restrooms that currently exist and are turning them into one giant Men's restroom while the new M&G building will house the Woman's restroom.
That's correct.

The new woman's will be more than double the size of the existing one.

It'll actually be the largest single entity of the new building. Which says something about priorities and principles.

Cesar R M

Not another screen-based ride!
...that pun....
GaSjryD.gif

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It begins..........

Indoctrination. This sad little building filled with food and fake princesses is suppose to represent the Akershus fortress.

This replica of a Stave Church (which is pretty accurate) is another commercial venue.

People are here to be entertained, most think you all have reindeer as pets wear animal skins.

Phil12

Disney Parks are not amusement parks. They are theme parks. Very different beast all together. Theme parks are all about the immersive theme. We should not confuse the two.
theme park
noun
an amusement park in which landscaping, buildings, and attractions are based on one or more specific themes, as jungle wildlife, fairy tales, or the Old West.

Disney parks are amusement parks as well as theme parks.

Admiral01

Premium Member
theme park
noun
an amusement park in which landscaping, buildings, and attractions are based on one or more specific themes, as jungle wildlife, fairy tales, or the Old West.

Disney parks are amusement parks as well as theme parks.

I should have chosen my words more clearly to avoid dictionary quoting and technicalities. All squares are a type of quadrilateral, but not all quadrilaterals are square. Point taken.

My point is that amusement parks are a general term, with theme parks being a subset which includes, by definition, a cohesive theme. I wouldn't compare EPCOT to Cedar Point. I expect immersive theming at a theme park. I have also come to expect higher standards of quality and presentation, though by definition a theme park need not have that. A Disney Park, for the price we pay to get in, better have those higher standards.

Even if the textbook definition technically fits, "amusement park" is a poor word choice for the entity that is Disney World. Not one element of DW could be accurately described by that title. Actually, I take that back. Dinoland USA could be confused for an ~amusement park. Beyond that, absolutely not.

In most cases, Disney strives for cohesive, detailed theming. Sometimes, they don't achieve that and sometimes they just don't try to achieve that, which is disappointing. I don't mind the characters, I don't mind Donald in Mexico. Frozen is jarring for me because it is turning the entire structure of the Norway area into a fantasy... all of the other characters have very low key meet and greets without formal areas. They don't distract from what is going on around them.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
A Disney Park, for the price we pay to get in, better have those higher standards.
In EPCOT, theyve set their standards at the same level of the average guests appreciation for a themed area sans an attraction with cartoons, which is slim to none, and slim just walked out the door.

Wanting more characters in WS is akin to ordering chicken tenders at Victoria and Alberts Chefs Table.

Kman101

I don't want toonification, either, but they're here, and they aren't going anywhere. So instead of all of us in this constant back and forth ... if it bothers a lot of you that much, let them know (I know, they don't care). If someone wants to enjoy a toon in Epcot, let em. I dont think it's right, either, but I'm not going to harangue someone liking what they like. And not everyone knows what EPCOT was or could be.

Disneyhead'71

How about they retheme the entire World Showcase and call it Disney World Expo. And go whole hog with the Rat ride in France, a Tuke and Rutt advanced M&G in Canada, Jolly Holiday E Ticket in England, San Fransokyo between Japan and USA, in the plot between Italy and Germany should be Pleasure Island with a carousel, a couple of spinners, and an Alps Bobsled coaster as a backdrop, and last but not least, a Mulan musical stage show in China.

Of course this Epcot redo would include Living with the Land hosted by Wall.E, Wookie Space Camp, The Piston Cup with Lightening and Co., Monsteropolis Energy Plant, Death Star: The Ride, dramatically narrated by Harrison Ford.

Last edited:

Mike S

How about they retheme the entire World Showcase and call it Disney World Expo. And go whole hog with the Rat ride in France, a Tuke and Rutt advanced M&G in Canada, Jolly Holiday E Ticket in England, San Fransokyo between Japan and USA, in the plot between Italy and Germany should be Pleasure Island with a carousel, a couple of spinners, and an Alps Bobsled coaster as a backdrop, and last but not least, a Mulan musical stage show in China.
Who?

Incomudro

Not you maybe. But Disney used to do it, and that's what used to set them apart from the rest.

They're not doing it in Pandora, Star Wars, Disney Springs...?
Honestly, WDW has always mixed the extremely detailed - what most of us know, love and admire from them the most, along with a few things that were less than impressive; Mr. Toads Wild Ride, (yes it was fun but) Speedway, Dumbo, Teacups - however iconic those things may be.
When my family entered the boatride in Mexico after dining a couple of years ago, we found it to be enjoyable.
My wife and I and the kids did not think for a second that Donald and company didn't belong in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom