New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Mike S

So, I am currently listening to @lentesta and Jim Hill's Disney Dish podcast and they were speaking about Pandora: The Land of Avatar. The reason I post this is because there was some discussion made concerning the boat ride. Jim stated that the boat ride is going to be unlike anything Disney has ever done before. He said imagine Disneyland's Blue Bayou but with 200 foot tall ceilings, and as you ride on the boat there is something 15 to 20 feet off stalking you. He described it as "story-telling on an epic and grand scale", coupled with the floating mountains outside designed by Zholt of Radiator Springs Racers fame.
How could there be 200 foot tall ceilings if the mountains themselves won't even reach that height? The number thrown around here is around 140 right?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
How could there be 200 foot tall ceilings if the mountains themselves won't even reach that height? The number thrown around here is around 140 right?
I am sure there is some hyperbole thrown in there, but the 140' height thrown around here is only an estimate. We very well might be looking at something close to a 200' ceiling especially if the boat path goes below grade.

twebber55

I am sure there is some hyperbole thrown in there, but the 140' height thrown around here is only an estimate. We very well might be looking at something close to a 200' ceiling especially if the boat path goes below grade.
I guess the reasoning behind the 140 number is Jon Landau specifically said 143..but im sure that could ve changed

Next Big Thing

Does anyone have an idea of how many people will the new seating area hold?
From what i've heard, it may not even be a "seating" area, but a "viewing/standing" area similar to the one for World of Color at DCA

PP1-032610-AVP.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I guess the reasoning behind the 140 number is Jon Landau specifically said 143..but im sure that could ve changed

The 143 feet number was for the floating mountains, he never specifically said any of the show buildings would be that tall. The Banshee ride building is less the 100 feet tall, if the boat ride was going to be taller then that, then I think we would have seen some major steel construction on it by now.

flyerjab

Listening to @lentesta and Jim Hill's most recent podcast, Jim brought up something interesting concerning this show. He stated that one of the challenging logistics with this is the consideration that they might have to close EE when the show is on. This would be so that during some of the quieter moments, the vibe the show is trying to establish isn't disturbed by the constant screams generated every so often when the coaster comes flying down the drop on EE. That is actually a valid point as a large part of the seating area is right down from where EE is located in Asia.

Maybe they could slowly work on the yeti during each show until it is cumulatively fixed over time...:cool:

ToTBellHop

Listening to @lentesta and Jim Hill's most recent podcast, Jim brought up something interesting concerning this show. He stated that one of the challenging logistics with this is the consideration that they might have to close EE when the show is on. This would be so that during some of the quieter moments, the vibe the show is trying to establish isn't disturbed by the constant screams generated every so often when the coaster comes flying down the drop on EE. That is actually a valid point as a large part of the seating area is right down from where EE is located in Asia.

Maybe they could slowly work on the yeti during each show until it is cumulatively fixed over time...:cool:
No big deal for 20 min. Rides routinely close before and for a bit after fireworks shows.

For the show itself, plan on getting a FP+ 60+10 days out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom