New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Jon81uk

DHS will have what it needs by 2021. To first timers its still a full day if not more. As I found out last year.
I would say same about Animal Kingdom, to first timers it is still a full day. Both AK and DHS have lots of shows as well as rides. On a first visit you can easily fill the whole day until a 7pm nighttime show and DAK and DHS, particularly once Avatar opens.

doctornick

DHS will have what it needs by 2021. To first timers its still a full day if not more. As I found out last year.

The recent large budget approval did not include anything for DAK, right? That's unfortunate since I agree with you that the park seems like it will need a few more attractions, even once Pandora is complete, to be fully fleshed out. I mean, I love DAK and there is plenty of stuff to do if one spends the time, but it will still be too light on rides in 2017.

Jon81uk

The recent large budget approval did not include anything for DAK, right? That's unfortunate since I agree with you that the park seems like it will need a few more attractions, even once Pandora is complete, to be fully fleshed out. I mean, I love DAK and there is plenty of stuff to do if one spends the time, but it will still be too light on rides in 2017.

It's meant to be light on rides though. There are several animal viewing areas as well, the park is about the animals as well as the rides.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Which is the beauty of Kilimanjaro. It blends zoo with theme park ride and it is absurd that it is the only ride at Animal Kingdom that provides a view of actual animals.

KRR would be a much better ride if there was a long slow bit where you looked at wild life before it got turbulent. I've always like the idea of an Amazonian boat ride analogue to KS in a South American section. Though it wouldn't feature real birds, Disney should really contact me for my "Winged Migration" ride idea that features Omni max screens, a kuka robot arm on a track, and animatronic birds flapping around you as you fly :lookaroun.

ToTBellHop

KRR would be a much better ride if there was a long slow bit where you looked at wild life before it got turbulent. I've always like the idea of an Amazonian boat ride analogue to KS in a South American section. Though it wouldn't feature real birds, Disney should really contact me for my "Winged Migration" ride idea that features Omni max screens, a kuka robot arm on a track, and animatronic birds flapping around you as you fly :lookaroun.
Kali River Rapids was originally called Tiger Rapids Run (or maybe Tiger River Rapids...tiger something!) and they cut the animals (and much of the ride). Tigers might have been too bold of an addition (and frequently not in sight), but there are other Asian animals which would have worked well.

Wikkler

Kali River Rapids was originally known as Tiger River Run and would have featured tiger exhibits.

FlyingCat

A lot of theories currently out there suggest that the updates at HollyWood Studios will be in stages. i remember reading one saying Pixar and possibly the name change will come before Star wars land.

doctornick

It's meant to be light on rides though. There are several animal viewing areas as well, the park is about the animals as well as the rides.

Hey, I love DAK. Probably my favorite WDW park. I could spend hours there and think the animal trails are outstanding.

I think for the "regular" guest, however, there needs to be more rides. Pandora will bring the count up to 8 (9 if you count the train). I have no problem with DAK being ride light given the live animal experiences but the park should probably have more like 12-14 rides. Much like DHS, it has good headliners, but it needs a bunch of C-tickets to fill things out.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Hey, I love DAK. Probably my favorite WDW park. I could spend hours there and think the animal trails are outstanding.

I think for the "regular" guest, however, there needs to be more rides. Pandora will bring the count up to 8 (9 if you count the train). I have no problem with DAK being ride light given the live animal experiences but the park should probably have more like 12-14 rides. Much like DHS, it has good headliners, but it needs a bunch of C-tickets to fill things out.

Dinoland is a big disappointment in this respect. I've always felt they need a couple of more rides in the carnie area. I ride T Spin as I call it, 14-18 times a trip and my son makes a point of multiple Whirl rides, but you've got to have something else. A dino zoo would go a long way as well and would even be better than a couple of more smallish rides. Anyway, I concur with your sentiment in its entirety including the DHS thought.

Jon81uk

DHS is definitely the park the needs fixing next though, DAK once Pandora opens should be good for a few years but will need adding to once DHS is fixed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom