New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Cesar R M

It's for flinging edible monkey poo at guests.
6kr6UR9.jpg

DisneyDad61

In the same vein as the comments pertaining to the World of Color show, the current construction of the concrete box with numerous holes for projectors / lasers, etc. reminds me very much of the "boxes' that are located around the WoC Lagoon at California Adventure. In that it may be more difficult and possibly a different type of nighttime water show; this could be the reason for the size and amount of projection holes coming out of this next concrete structure. Obviously, this is all conjecture but my first impression was a larger scale "projection booth" for the Rivers of Light Show.

Superlazylemon

Just a thought but will there not be some sound interference coming from Everest? People often scream pretty loud when they come down the drop and if Everest is still operating during showtimes then this could be quite irritating.

Bolt

Just a thought but will there not be some sound interference coming from Everest? People often scream pretty loud when they come down the drop and if Everest is still operating during showtimes then this could be quite irritating.
Pretty sure the show audio will drown that all out.

ToTBellHop

That dates doing the rounds but I've not heard a confirmation.
Park hours suggest soft openings as early as late January 2016. DAK is open each day past sunset starting 1/20/16, which has never before been the case during the winter off season. Of course, park hours could change. Still lots of work left.

Last edited:

djkidkaz

Hey I'm not the one who sold edible poo to guests for two weeks. What if it was just a test?! Imagine this but with monkeys and a tree instead of a ferris wheel?

WoC.jpg

Anyone know if the WOC show is possible using barges or was it so elaborate that it needed the infrastructure to be in the water? Just wondering if the barges for ROL will limit the capabilities of the show?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom