New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Next Big Thing

Listening to @lentesta and Jim Hill's most recent podcast, Jim brought up something interesting concerning this show. He stated that one of the challenging logistics with this is the consideration that they might have to close EE when the show is on. This would be so that during some of the quieter moments, the vibe the show is trying to establish isn't disturbed by the constant screams generated every so often when the coaster comes flying down the drop on EE. That is actually a valid point as a large part of the seating area is right down from where EE is located in Asia.

Maybe they could slowly work on the yeti during each show until it is cumulatively fixed over time...:cool:
Closing it for such a short time shouldn't be too much of a problem and after awhile it will just become normal operating procedure and people will be used to it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Don't the recent construction pictures suggest that there will be a seating area?

JXC6gmh.jpg

This is going to be a viewing area, what we don't know is if it will be like World of Color at DCA where you just stand, or sit on the ground, or if it will have benches like Fantasmic.

ToTBellHop

I haven't studied this thread much. Will there be a standby/walkup area or will it just be FP+?
I would not be at all surprised to see the dedicated viewing area FP-only like WoC. Guests without a FP could stand elsewhere for a lesser view, but with room for just 5000 and no particularly large area for folks to stand in line, I think it'll have to be reservation-only.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I would not be at all surprised to see the dedicated viewing area FP-only like WoC. Guests without a FP could stand elsewhere for a lesser view, but with room for just 5000 and no particularly large area for folks to stand in line, I think it'll have to be reservation-only.

According to Jim Hill, there is talk of using the nearby trail for a queue. But given the seating projections and capacity of the park I am inclined to agree that either way this will become reservation only. Unless they plan on doing 3 to 4 shows the night. LOL don't think the animals would like that one too much

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Will this be part of your park ticket or a separate charge? 5,000 seating, one show a night during peak season's even with reservations, I think is going to be a mess.

It wouldn't exactly shock me if they tried to charge extra for the seating area, but I doubt it will go that way. They will probably have some sort of dinning package that gets you preferred seating.

Jon81uk

Disneyland Fantasmic and World of Colour has Fastpass and several different dining packages. I expect something similar, free fastpass+, dining packages and very very limited standby. But as others state, same as World as Colour, there will be several shows each evening especially in the summer.

JWG

It wouldn't exactly shock me if they tried to charge extra for the seating area, but I doubt it will go that way. They will probably have some sort of dinning package that gets you preferred seating.
So charge extra. Dining packages are just charging extra.

FlyingCat

The show most likely will not be an exact identical to World of color. World of color's fountains are all located on the same platform that goes under the water during the day, and surfaces during night. If they where gonna do the same thing with Rivers of Light they have to drain the entire lake to install the platform just like how they made World of color in Disney's California Adventure. However, it's not officially mentioned there will be fountains in the first place in the show, all that we know of right now is that there will be floating lanterns, possible projections on tree of life, and waterscreens. However, i cannot imagine such a show like this without fountains.

From a video that was posted 3 days ago showing an update of the Rivers of light area

i personally think this will be more of a barge show, where the fountains are on barges like IROE except on a much larger scale. there might also be performers on floats or boats like in fantasmic. The show is MultiDirectional like Epcots Illuminations reflections of earth as i can tell from the viewing areas.

Another reason why they wouldn't make the show set-up exactly like World of color is because before Cars land and World of color the park was basically failing from my understanding, which they probably want World of color and Cars land to be Unique to California's Adventure only.

However, i am very confused how they will get this opened in early 2016, i would think they would of just finished building the show area and viewing area in early 2016, then they would need to program the show, Train the people if there will be performers in the show, Make the soundtrack, Advertise for the show,ect.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom