Mystery Project at Epcot

RSoxNo1

Well, apparently that one didn't stick. ;)

3013622811_poo_xlarge.jpeg
In his defense, the same thing was said about him initially saying that they would be building a 3rd theater. It wasn't until @WDW1974 said it that people around here believed it.

Progress.City

You know, if I were Reece, I would be checking this thread on occasion, under a fake name, of course, and I'd be like (to myself), "man, they're soooo close... I can't believe they haven't figured it out yet..."

It would be so frustrating not being allowed to spill the beans...

On second thought, Reece would be smart to stay away from forums like this...

PorterRedkey

In the Mice Chat article Addicted to Easy Money by Tim Grassey, contained the following sentence:
"At Epcot, the two new things going to that park are shoehorning Frozen into an existing facility, and Jerry Rees’ Soarin’ 2.0 project."
He states this as if it is a fact. I am not sure about his track record, but I thought I would post it. My question is why does Mr. Rees say this is an Epcot project and not a Shanghai Disney project since it should open it Shanghai first?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
In the Mice Chat article Addicted to Easy Money by Tim Grassey, contained the following sentence:
"At Epcot, the two new things going to that park are shoehorning Frozen into an existing facility, and Jerry Rees’ Soarin’ 2.0 project."
He states this as if it is a fact. I am not sure about his track record, but I thought I would post it. My question is why does Mr. Rees say this is an Epcot project and not a Shanghai Disney project since it should open it Shanghai first?

His resume on his web site said "Mystery Attraction” / EPCOT -Next-gen larger-than-life interactive spectacle. Premiere planned for late 2015 or early 2016." The most recent rumor is that it is the Soarin' project, just not sure how that would be interactive. It's interesting to note that this line is no longer on his resume on his site.

PorterRedkey

His resume on his web site said "Mystery Attraction” / EPCOT -Next-gen larger-than-life interactive spectacle. Premiere planned for late 2015 or early 2016." The most recent rumor is that it is the Soarin' project, just not sure how that would be interactive. It's interesting to note that this line is no longer on his resume on his site.

I can't seem to find any mention of the project on his website now.

Jeffxz

The page is still there but I don't see it linked anywhere on his site. It's also been removed from his resume.

http://www.jerryrees.com/page19/page19.html

If you look at the source code for that page, you can see this:

HTML:
<meta name="description" content="Mystery next-Gen Theme Park Attraction, Directed by Jerry Rees" />
<meta name="keywords" content="Jerry Rees, EPCOT, imagination, Walt Disney World" />

I know this is now generally accepted as the Soarin project and I'm not sure if this was pointed out earlier in the thread but I thought it was interesting to see imagination as a keyword there.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

HTML:
<meta name="description" content="Mystery next-Gen Theme Park Attraction, Directed by Jerry Rees" />
<meta name="keywords" content="Jerry Rees, EPCOT, imagination, Walt Disney World" />

I know this is now generally accepted as the Soarin project and I'm not sure if this was pointed out earlier in the thread but I thought it was interesting to see imagination as a keyword there.

But is it "generally accepted"? Has there been any confirmation beyond the one podcast?

Jeffxz

HTML:

In addition to this, I found an old link to an image on his site that is the same image but references 2013. Not sure if it means anything, but maybe this project has been repeatedly delayed.

http://www.jerryrees.com/page19/files/stacks_image_1191_1.png

doctornick

HTML:

Yeah, I feel pretty sure that the "mystery project" was an Captain Eo replacement -- it may very well have subsequently been cancelled/postponed, but I am skeptical that he was referring to a new Soarin' film.

Progress.City

HTML:

Very good find! So, there you have it. It's not Soaring. It's a new 3D film for Imagination directed by Jerry. It can't be a new ride because they can't build a new ride and open it by 2016!

That's not to say that a new ride ain't coming. They could open the new 3D film, while they close the current ride at the same time, with the new ride that is tied in to the new film opening a few years after that. Makes perfect sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom