Mystery Project at Epcot

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I challenge you to find an older article. Thats 12 years old.

I live in NWA, home of Walmart so I know all the stories. Real and contrived. I know buyers and suppliers. I grew up in a family with a supermarket that competed with Walmart. Don't blame Walmart, blame Americans that shop Walmart. Thry turned their backs on home town retailers that offered value added shopping like bag boys that loadd your groceries into the car for you or a butcher that cut you a rib eye the thickness you wanted. Peoe decided they needed to go to Walmart and save some pennies. They would forsake their local merchants and drive 30 miles on a Saturday to save five bucks. Soon their plants closed and then the businesses followed, staving local teens of part time jobs that taught work ethic. They got reconditioned to loading their own groceries in the cart to eventually paying to check themselves out. But, don't blame Walmart, blame yourselves. That article is so old it doesn't touch issues like big box sporting goods stores that's cut deep into Walmart's once powerful sporting goods depts. What Walmart once did to the Western Autos and Otascos of Small town America, the Academy's and ****'s are doing to them. Business is dog eat dog, always has and alway will be. I remember when Levis moved into Walmart, it forgot to mention it entered Target as well With the discount line. Eventually Target wanted differentiate and had the Signature line rebranded Denizen.

By the way, the high cost of oil was leading folks to reshore some of their products along with increasing wages in Asia and port issues with union hanky panky as the main culprit.

To be fair many merchants did not help themselves, Many of us who would prefer NOT to shop at Wal Mart for Groceries ended up shopping there because WalMart was OPEN before and after work, I have a 2 hour commute to the city so when the local grocery store opened at 9 and closed at 7 well, Wally World was open from 5am to 10pm - Guess where I shopped and not by choice. Fortunately a more reasonable chain moved in with similar hours and Wally World no longer gets my business.

It's NOT always about wanting to save a few pennies.

Monoblanco13

It is sad that Disney has let FW fall into its current state. A place with so much potential. We all see the need for refurbs and new attractions. I don't understand why Disney isn't focusing on these needs and giving us something to look forward to in FW. I can only hope news is coming soon.

I honestly feel when the other projects are done Epcot will get some more love. We still get to look forward to the Jerry Rees project late 2015/ Early 2016, and the rumored Imagination Pavilion due to Jim Hill. Once Soarin, Frozen are completed I'm sure something will come up hopefully sooner than later.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I was just at Epcot Monday and it hit me that for as long as I can remember Future World is essentially half functioning. Only 3 or 4 of the pavilions function in a meaningful way. I can't imagine this is lost on TDO. Universe of Energy, Imagination, Wonders of Life, and even possibly Mission:SPACE are underused and aren't visited by most park guests. I find it hard to imagine that this is viewed as an acceptable theme park model. I certainly hope that there are plans to brings these 3/4 up to speed with the rest of Future World.

Come on, is a weather pavilion too much to ask for?

Add more festivals and then each of the aforementioned pavilions can be used the store display tables and whatnot for each festival. One festival = One storage pavilion.

Cmdr_Crimson

BONNIE APPETIT WILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL.
069.gif

Brer Panther

Fud Wrapper is a million times cooler than Bonnie Appetite.

Also, I miss being able to go on the internet and not being reminded that Five Nights of Making Anyone Who Plays This Game Terrified to Even So Much As Step Into Their Local Chuck E. Cheese Ever Again exists.

Cmdr_Crimson

Fud Wrapper is a million times cooler than Bonnie Appetite.

Also, I miss being able to go on the internet and not being reminded that Five Nights of Making Anyone Who Plays This Game Terrified to Even So Much As Step Into Their Local Chuck E. Cheese Ever Again exists.

Yeah..I get a chuckle now when I see the half toon animatronics from Epic Mickey as they have that look..
tumblr_inline_ndtqnxuGyp1smox7x.jpg

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
I honestly feel when the other projects are done Epcot will get some more love. We still get to look forward to the Jerry Rees project late 2015/ Early 2016, and the rumored Imagination Pavilion due to Jim Hill. Once Soarin, Frozen are completed I'm sure something will come up hopefully sooner than later.
The Jerry Rees project is the new version of Soarin.

Skippy

Is there a chance the next version of Soarin' could have multiple versions (selected like Horizons or randomized like Star Tours) and not just a new film?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom