Mystery Project at Epcot

katarn112

Original Poster
Just saw this on screamscape, apparently the Disney Parks director Jerry Rees mentioned in an interview for a podcast that there is something in the works for Epcot:

http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_epcot.htm#2015

Haven't listened to the audio yet, just read the article. Has anyone heard anything about this? This is exciting news for me if it's true, because I'm of the opinion that Epcot and AK need the love a lot more than DHS.

PhotoDave219

Just saw this on screamscape, apparently the Disney Parks director Jerry Rees mentioned in an interview for a podcast that there is something in the works for Epcot:

http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_epcot.htm#2015

Haven't listened to the audio yet, just read the article. Has anyone heard anything about this? This is exciting news for me if it's true, because I'm of the opinion that Epcot and AK need the love a lot more than DHS.

That was mentioned yesterday in another thread. Short version? Nope, havent heard (Pooh!).

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Because of the scope and nature of EPCOT, this could be a big thing or a really fancy topiary for the next F&G festival. Maybe he means they are re-investing in Christmas decorations because even though lights, wreaths, scaffolding and such are obsolete technologies, they were shocked to realize that guests liked them.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
UOE, imagination pavilion, wonders of life, so much in future world needs TLC. I hope it's one or more of these....and maybe another ride in world showcase wouldn't hurt either (even a small ratatouille)

Ratatouille wouldn't be small lol. If you're talking trackless, that's some big bucks. IMO I don't care to see Disney IP branded rides, but Rat would be ok.

lazyboy97o

Rees works more specifically with film. He said it was just starting and gave a 2015 date in the interview. My mind immediately jumped to Impressions de France. He has also done preshow films (ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter, Rock 'n Rollercoaster) but that would be part of a larger project that I can't see going from start to finish in such a short window.

twebber55

Rees works more specifically with film. He said it was just starting and gave a 2015 date in the interview. My mind immediately jumped to Impressions de France. He has also done preshow films (ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter, Rock 'n Rollercoaster) but that would be part of a larger project that I can't see going from start to finish in such a short window.
whats sad is two years is now considered "such a short window"

Walt 1901

Please save futureworld. Anything has got to be better then forgotten part of EPCOT. I just cant believe they can not get any sponsors for these attractions. I mean are there no more forward looking companies out there that would like to showcase there companies product.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Please save futureworld. Anything has got to be better then forgotten part of EPCOT. I just cant believe they can not get any sponsors for these attractions. I mean are there no more forward looking companies out there that would like to showcase there companies product.
The problem here is there are forward looking companies out there. In it's current state (and judging by current direction), I doubt that any forward looking company would want to come anywhere near the backwards-looking train wreck that is Future World at Epcot. It'd do damage to their brand.

Walt 1901

The problem here is there are forward looking companies out there. In it's current state (and judging by current direction), I doubt that any forward looking company would want to come anywhere near the backwards-looking train wreck that is Future World at Epcot. It'd do damage to their brand.
That is to bad. It would be so nice for it to return to a worlds fair atmosphere where you could celebrate achievement and see the future.

misterID

Perhaps it's something to replace EO.

Killnme

The problem isn't forward thinking companies. The problem is the price tag Disney wants to charge the forward thinking companies for putting their names on the buildings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom