Mystery Project at Epcot

JEANYLASER

Some interesting concept art popped up:

image_zps9b01c15e.jpg

very interesting Concept art! I love it Phineas and Ferb!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I love having Captain E.O. there.... It is a classic to me but my kid may soon say othe wise. lol

I was so happy when they brought it back. My kid loves it. I mean, come on...it's campy, it's 80s, it's a half hour long MJ music video directed by Francis Ford Coppola with George Lucas ILM effects from their model making heydays, fresh off Star Wars. Not to mention it is scored by James Horner!

That pre-show / post-show music sends chills down my spine. I almost hate that the show is starting because the music is so soothing. Especially on a hot summer day, enjoying the A/C of the theater.

If it doesn't stay at EPCOT, I'd love to see them incorporate it somewhere into HS. But, I am glad it's there...and always leave jamming out to "You're just another part of me!"

Though, I do refrain from grabbing my crotch and squealing.

ThemeParks4Life

I don't mind the idea of Phineas & Ferb being where Captain EO is. Anything to replace that show and help breathe life into that side of the pavilion. As long as Figment stays at the other half of the pavilion, I'm find. I just wish the original Journey into Imagination was still around...

This looks like the EO side, so if this is true we should be safe. All I ask is Disney replaces Journey into Imagination with Eric Idle into a new ride with Figment and Dreamfinder.

WDW1974

I had mentioned these a while back, and someone here mentioned when Energy was redone for Ellen, the blocks were gutted. I thought they had been covered, but evidently they're gone. Will try to find out for sure next time I have a chance to look backstage within UoE.

I was told they were taken out back in the 90s.

Rob562

Where is Figment's Place located?

If you can't tell from the video, it's the space that originally was a small gift shop/Kodak camera shop between the 3D theater entrance and exit. The theater exit is just out of frame to the left, and the theater entrance would be to the right of the photographer if this artwork were a photo. (You can see the sloped walls of the entrance/queue hallway in the background on the right)

-Rob

HiYa Pal

UoE needs an update ASAP, its rough, and it could be such a huge draw, I think some of the old elements could be reintroduced to the delight of old fans and amazement of new ones. But I do agree with the postings about how EPCOT should be aspirational and not trying to appeal to the LCD. I think WS does a mostly (I'm looking at you Mexico boat ride) great job of maintaining it's aspirations of making ppl want to explore and learn more about the countries, and there is still something there for everyone, kids have kid-cot and m-n-g's in almost every pavillion and that game, teens have plenty of corners to go be angst-y in, and adults have fun cultural experiences. I have literally spent 7 hours in WS just exploring it one day. I wish they would just let FW go back to what it lost, which I believe is its being aspirational. There's a definite disconnect between orig FW and newer FW, look at Living with the Land vs Soarin, LWtL you learn about different ways to grow things, HUGE lemons, and that tomatoe tree, in Soarin you play kick the kayaker. I really like both, there's just something amazing about that lemon, but I almost lean more toward LWtL as when I leave it, I want to do something (try to grow a giant lemon), where all Soarin does is make me not want to wait in another line that long.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
FW used to be about what we could be, the World Showcase is about what we are.

One side of the park lost it's purpose, and that was to inspire. Horizon's inspired me to learn how to program computers, how to do what I do today that earns me an honest living. It also taught me to respect my fellow men, if they had different dreams. And it did it without being preachy or obvious.

I miss THAT Futureworld!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Here's a funny thought...could Futureworld be divided by political party? I mean, one is all lovey touchy (Journey into Imagination, The Living Seas, The Land) hippy stuff, and the other is all evil major corporations (Oil drilling EXXON! and GM with their evil plans to sell cars, and Horizons with the humanistic arrogance that Humans can control the world without consequence!...not to mention the later Wonders of Life Pavilion which promoted genetic engineering and ConAgra!)...conservative stuff.

Both were cemented with the Communicores, to communicate new ideas and technologies that would make both dreams come true!

Or...am I smoking some really good living with the land right now?

Sped2424

Here's a funny thought...could Futureworld be divided by political party? I mean, one is all lovey touchy (Journey into Imagination, The Living Seas, The Land) hippy bull, and the other is all evil major corporations (Oil drilling EXXON! and GM with their evil plans to sell cars, and Horizons with the humanistic arrogance that Humans can control the world without consequence!...not to mention the later Wonders of Life Pavilion which promoted genetic engineering and ConAgra!)...conservative bull.

Both were cemented with the Communicores, to communicate new ideas and technologies that would make both dreams come true!

Or...am I smoking some really good living with the land right now?
nope its just that Living with the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom