MSEP Extended

need2go2wdw

Woo hoo!! I hope it stays until I'm there Sept 16th! Sounds like if they are rebuilding Spectro, I won't have anything to worry about! We only saw MSEP once, on our honeymoon 10 years ago, and I don't remember much of it.

YAY! :sohappy:

etwtec

Steve already answered this, but I'll confirm: yes, Spectro is being practically rebuilt. :wave: RUMOR says almost a whole new parade, but we know how much things can get cut back.

I hope we end up getting a TDL Dreamlights style verison of Spectro :)

Also expect an updated soundtrack to go along with it. I will be very surprised if Spectro returns with the original soundtrack.

Hopefully Sprectro will get a much needed rehab with out changing the soundtrack too much! Like MSEP for many of you Spectro is the parade that this generation remembers listing to!

ScrapIron

but the music does get old after a while (it just repeats and repeats...like Small World only with synthesizers...)

I dunno, it incorporates the themes of the floats as they pass. I like it, even though pure synthisizer (sp) music is usually not my scene. However, in 1992 my bro and I saw it at DL, right in front of "iasw" in fact, and it got stuck for some reason. For 5-10 minutes all we heard was the same part of the loop, and that got tiresome quickly. I prefer it to Spectro, but was also hoping to see both since we're there Aug 7-19. Instead, I'll enjoy a extra MK night where I don't have to worry about a parade.

A bientot.

WDW-Crazy

Anyway, I'm happy to see MSEP officially extended, and I can't wait to see the revamped Spectro for the 40th! The parades are so different, I just enjoy them both.

You couldn't have said it any better. I also do enjoy both parades myself but having seen Spectro on my last two trips (03 and 07), I just can't wait to see MSEP again since it's been twenty-one years since the last time that I've seen it.

DisneyParksFan1

That is certainly nice to hear. Any chances it will stay for the 40th? :lookaroun

Rumor has it that SpectroMagic will be rebuilt, it's been said it may be almost like a totally new parade. It's rumored to be returning for the 40th in its "rebuilt" state, and MSEP leaving to DL whence it came.

mp2bill

Very nice. I just wish open ended meant that they weren't going to be sending it back to DL, but rotating it with Spectro.

Yuck. Seriously, the only reason I watch parades is for the music. Until MSEP gets some music that brings me to tears (like Spectro, Fantasmic, Wishes, American Adventure, etc.), I won't be wasting time watching it.

ToTBellHop

Rumor has it that SpectroMagic will be rebuilt, it's been said it may be almost like a totally new parade. It's rumored to be returning for the 40th in its "rebuilt" state, and MSEP leaving to DL whence it came.

Of course, these types of projects have a history of being toned down at WDW, so I wouldn't be surprised if all they do is dust things off and change a few lightbulbs...

HouCuseChickie

I was SOOOOOO happy to hear about this.:sohappy: I pulled up the calendar for Dec and teared up as soon as I saw Spectro had been changed to MSEP. DDs have the music on one of their Disney CDs, but the don't get excited when they hear it b/c they have no frame of reference. Of course I get misty as soon as I hear the synth voice.:cry: Can't wait for our girls to see it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom