MSEP Extended

DisneyParksFan1

Ahh yes good ol' 80s synthpop. Although I wasn't alive at that time, I am a big music nut and I'm a fan of 70s and 80s music. I love the Pet Shop Boys and I forgot who it is that sings Cars and another song called You Spin Me Right Round. I love the disco influences that synthpop has. But yeah, it's evident that this music has that Moog-ish sound which was influenced by that MSEP sound.
EDIT: I too miss the days MTV actually played music rather than reality shows. I miss TRL.

David S.

Ahh yes good ol' 80s synthpop. Although I wasn't alive at that time, I am a big music nut and I'm a fan of 70s and 80s music. I love the Pet Shop Boys and I forgot who it is that sings Cars and another song called You Spin Me Right Round. I love the disco influences that synthpop has. But yeah, it's evident that this music has that Moog-ish sound which was influenced by that MSEP sound.
EDIT: I too miss the days MTV actually played music rather than reality shows. I miss TRL.

I'm glad you enjoy that era of synthpop! I enjoy the disco influence, too. "You Spin Me Round" is by Dead Or Alive. "Cars" is by Gary Numan and can be heard in the second clip I linked to above :)

I will edit that post and put the titles.

wdwfan22

SpectroMagic in my opinion is more enjoyable than the MSEP. The floats are brighter and the music is much more enjoyable than that of MSEP. I can only hope that SpectroMagic returns even more spectaular for the 40th.

DisneyParksFan1

Ahh I see. Yes, I mean it had great melodies. Same with disco back in the 70s with the Donna Summer and Bee Gees. Yeah that was music. I'd rather listen to disco and synthpop than any of the Grunge and Rap music that took over in the 90s.

I too hope that Spectro makes a glorious return for the 40th.

etwtec

Anyone want to bet next years Summer Nightastic will read:

- The return of the newly "enhanced" SpectroMagic to the MK
- The return of Disney's Electrical Parade to DCA, or possibly The return of the Main Street Electrical Parade to DL.

DisneyParksFan1

Anyone want to bet next years Summer Nightastic will read:

- The return of the newly "enhanced" SpectroMagic to the MK
- The return of Disney's Electrical Parade to DCA, or possibly The return of the Main Street Electrical Parade to DL.

There's rumors pointing to Spectro coming back for the 40th which is October 2011.

KaliSplash

Sorry I've been away for a few days. Spectomagic is ploddingly magestic. Emphasis on ploddingly. Has no business being a parade theme. Unlike Baroque Hoedown, which is nothing if not faster paced. But the 1999 version works in a number of Disney songs through the theme, just as Spectro works Disney songs into whatever that plodding is.
Thanks to DavidS for running down the Disney songs in the current version of the parade. I'm looking forward to seeing next week. And now I am looking foward to seeing it on an extended trip sometime in the next few months.

There were fully a dozen Disney classics in the 1999 version of the parade.

Ultimately, of course, it seems that whatever was the first parade you experienced was your favorite. I just happen to have experienced the better parade first! :) :)

Phoebe2005

Hi Everyone,

I am finding this horrible news to be honest. Don't get me wrong the Electrical Parade is a wonderful parade. It's just that I have been to DLP like 15 times and I saw this parade so many many many times before the Fantillusion Parade started :snore:. Finally we are going on our big trip to Florida in November and I was really excited to finally see Spectromagic. And now... we are finally there and the Electrical Parade will be to. It's really disapointed... We will enjoy it I'm sure... But just wanted to see the parade that reminds me of Disney World so much. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom