MSEP Extended

Honest John

The official site said that MSEP is staying on an extended run; can I assume that Wishes will return on August 15th as planned, though?

tirian

Well that will make a nice change if it survives till Sept-ober.

At the beginning, the parade cast was told to expect MSEP to run "at least into next year"; all the Nightastic stuff was just a PR ploy. Disney always expected MSEP to last the rest of 2010, into 2011.

Disney marketing has been playing this "due to popular demand..." bit a lot lately. A third World of Color show has always been scheduled at DCA since the show's premiere, but the park officially extended its hours each day because of (you guessed it) "popular demand." They finally acknowledged the schedule some time last week.

Anyway, I'm happy to see MSEP officially extended, and I can't wait to see the revamped Spectro for the 40th! The parades are so different, I just enjoy them both.

wsmith1978

I've never seen MSEP but I love Spectromagic! I'm kinda sad it won't be back in time for my February '11 trip. But that's okay, it will be nice to see something new :)

mwbrown

Must say, I was surprisingly underwhelmed by MSEP a couple weeks back. The floats were good, but the music does get old after a while (it just repeats and repeats...like Small World only with synthesizers...)

My kids were less interested in it than in Spectro (ironic considering they've seen Spectro probably 10 times and never MSEP), and there seemed to be significantly less walking characters to interact with the crowd than Spectro...

Anyway, it did seem very popular, so between that and the foregone conclusion that it would be staying, I guess the announcement will please most people.

I for one will hope for a great refurb and return of Spectro...

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Must say, I was surprisingly underwhelmed by MSEP a couple weeks back. The floats were good, but the music does get old after a while (it just repeats and repeats...like Small World only with synthesizers...)

My kids were less interested in it than in Spectro (ironic considering they've seen Spectro probably 10 times and never MSEP), and there seemed to be significantly less walking characters to interact with the crowd than Spectro...

Anyway, it did seem very popular, so between that and the foregone conclusion that it would be staying, I guess the announcement will please most people.

I for one will hope for a great refurb and return of Spectro...

Ditto:sohappy:

ptaylor

Premium Member
Good news for MSEP fans. I personally find the parade to now look pretty dated and small in scale compared to SpectroMagic.

Looking forward to a refurbished return of SpectroMagic!

Tom

Beta Return
This almost brought a (happy) tear to my eye!

I grew up with MSEP and when they announced that it would be coming back, I nearly wet myself. Then I found out it was only for the summer and my heart sank.

But now.....I'm jumping for joy! My wife and I are taking my brother (who has been there almost as many times as I have, but his last trip was 5 years ago) and his new wife (who has never been!) in February 2011.

:sohappy:

rodserling27

This is unreal. Anyone who read my passionate account of the MSEP experience I had knows that this parade means so much to me. I can't believe it! Hopefully I'll be able to see it when I go back in February!!!

COProgressFan

Anyway, I'm happy to see MSEP officially extended, and I can't wait to see the revamped Spectro for the 40th! The parades are so different, I just enjoy them both.

Tirian, or anyone else, does this confirm that Spectro will, in fact, be refurbed?

Just by spending a few extra bucks, they could update the lighting, technology, and floats and breathe life into Spectro. It certainly does have a somewhat dated/worn feel (thought not as much as MSEP!).

hpyhnt 1000

Tirian, or anyone else, does this confirm that Spectro will, in fact, be refurbed?

Just by spending a few extra bucks, they could update the lighting, technology, and floats and breathe life into Spectro. It certainly does have a somewhat dated/worn feel (thought not as much as MSEP!).

I'm wondering this as well. So far, its really been fan hopes thats fueling this refurb idea; as far as I've seen, there have only been vague rumblings at best that a refurb/upgrade was even being thought about. Anyone know for sure?

Jaybe08

The floats were good, but the music does get old after a while (it just repeats and repeats...like Small World only with synthesizers...)

I'm glad MSEP is back. For me, it's all about Disney traditions. Spectro was okay, but no MSEP. I have the soundtrack for it and could listen to the music all day long.

spectrodanny

Hey DL, give us pixar play parade (and your old 50th parade) and we will give you DEP back ;)

Depends on if DL wants it back for their mainstreet, or for DCA... I say in total it would be here for at least a year and half... 2 summer nightastic promotions total.

They bought Parade Of Dreams, then backed out at the last minute. The majority of the floats were destroyed. From what i've *HEARD* there are 2 POD's floats that are supposedly going to be used in this year's "A Christmas Fantasy Parade" IDK if they will be new floats or if the drive units from the remaining POD units are replacing existing ones

lilclerk

I feel the same way about Spectro, though it is on a lesser scale. Whenever my boyfriend is sick of something he sings "On this magic night... on this magic night... on this magic night..." Though the first time he saw it, it was during Spring Break and we were stuck on Main Street and watched it twice.

jeffk410

We don't know an extension date though do we? I imagine it will be for months, but Im hoping itll be there for OCT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom