Missing Mickey Christmas Wreath at Contemporary?

SMRT-1Michael

Original Poster
I was there yesterday evening and noticed that it was not there on the northern facade of the Contemporary Resort. It's less than 5 years old so I was hoping there was any information on this? Thanks!

Space Mountain

I'll try to look into this... there was communication a few weeks ago regarding installation with Holiday Services.... I'll post if I find anything out, unless someone beats me to it.

KevinYee

I wouldn't be surprised if it had to do with new, tighter rules on working from rooftops and heights. Those same rules have given us all those snazzy (and visible) safety railings on rooftops around the parks.

CDavid

You have to understand that Disney is a business, and people are still coming to the parks anyway, so why should they go to the expense of decorating for Christmas? :banghead:

(Please note the above post may contain trace amounts of sarcasm. Actually, its overflowing with it, but if I say nothing somebody here will take it seriously...). :facepalm:

ABQ

I suspect one can blame Political Correctness for the elimination of many things that traditionally we once were able to enjoy. Disney is taking advantage and saving money by eliminating it so no one gets offended. :rolleyes:
You may be right. the PC level really bugged me bad with this year's Christmas tree at Epcot. I think I can safely assume each of the tags in French, Spanish, German, Italian etc... are done to represent the countries of the World Showcase, each reads whatever the best translation for Merry Christmas would be in those languages, yet the lone English representation is Happy Holidays. So I guess it's only offensive to say Merry Christmas in English, not in Italian. Buon Natale everyone. I'll abstain from this discussion any further as I do know how these usually go.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The wreath was in a staging location outside Holiday Services just a few weeks ago - so it looks like it was planned to be installed. Its non inclusion looks like it either developed a fault that was not spotted earlier in the year in time to fix it, or it has been deemed to expensive to fix.

I don't have any specific information on the reason though.

Tom 55

Here is a picture from 2012.

Attachments

• IMG_0042.JPG
    IMG_0042.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 131

dgp602

I'll try to look into this... there was communication a few weeks ago regarding installation with Holiday Services.... I'll post if I find anything out, unless someone beats me to it.
That would be great if you could follow up. I would be real interested to see if it was a victim of a budget cut, or was there something mechanically wrong with it...

CDavid

It's a wreath. It has no religious connotation. You're reaching.

The wreath has significant meaning for the season. It's circular shape represents eternity, for it has no beginning and no end. From a christian religious perspective, it represents an unending circle of life. The evergreen, most frequently used in making wreathes, symbolizes growth and everlasting life. Holly branches have thorns. When used in a wreath it represents the thorn on Jesus' crown when he was crucified. Bright red holly berries symbolize Jesus' blood that was shed for us.

That stated, attributing this to misguided political correctness is indeed really reaching, at best.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Well considering the Contemporary's underwhelming Gingerbread display this year, I think budget cuts OR weather conditions prevented it's installation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom