Missing Mickey Christmas Wreath at Contemporary?

Goofyernmost

OK, but let's not forget that the wreath in question is shaped like Mickey Mouse, thereby negating anything religious...

So, this leads us back to....why wasn't it put in place? Weather, budget cuts???
I have already reneged on my thoughts. I think that the idea of a wreath actually cleverly placed, one large and two smaller wreaths, is still put there only at Christmas so the connection still applies. But others convinced me that it wasn't the reason and that my first reaction was a knee jerk reaction. My apologies.

CDavid

OK, but let's not forget that the wreath in question is shaped like Mickey Mouse, thereby negating anything religious.

Not hardly. The Mickey-shaped wreath, as @Goofyernmost accurately noted, consists of one large and two smaller circular wreaths. It remains symbolic of why we celebrate Christmas (in fact, particularly so for a 3-wreath arrangment), just as the wreaths most us us probably have at home; Would you argue a tree similarly loses its connection to Christmas if it were decorated with Mickey ornaments (I have some, actually...)?

dgp602

Not hardly. The Mickey-shaped wreath, as @Goofyernmost accurately noted, consists of one large and two smaller circular wreaths. It remains symbolic of why we celebrate Christmas (in fact, particularly so for a 3-wreath arrangment), just as the wreaths most us us probably have at home; Would you argue a tree similarly loses its connection to Christmas if it were decorated with Mickey ornaments (I have some, actually...)?
Good point..

Tigger1988

Not saying anyone in here but we are becoming way too PC. Instead of worrying about offending someone and their religion, how about respecting that religion, especially around the holiday's.
How about respecting all religions, something those who get offended over "Happy Holidays" seem to lack. Or better yet, respecting this board's wishes that religion not be discussed, especially when it has zip to do with the subject at hand.

kwags

Was on the Yuletide Fantasy tour this weekend. Guide stated that the wreath did not fit in with the Frozen theme. Hence, the Frozen Gingerbread House.

Kman101

How about respecting all religions, something those who get offended over "Happy Holidays" seem to lack. Or better yet, respecting this board's wishes that religion not be discussed, especially when it has zip to do with the subject at hand.

My post WAS in regard to respecting all religions. I guess I should have said ALL religions, actually. So don't jump on me. Thanks.

Brad Bishop

Not saying anyone in here but we are becoming way too PC. Instead of worrying about offending someone and their religion, how about respecting that religion, especially around the holiday's.

There was a time when people didn't actively seek out being offended. Now they do.

I'm not Jewish. If I see a Jewish display in the town square then I typically think, "oh, that's nice," not, "I'm not Jewish and shouldn't have to see that!!!"

SMRT-1Michael

Original Poster
Was on the Yuletide Fantasy tour this weekend. Guide stated that the wreath did not fit in with the Frozen theme. Hence, the Frozen Gingerbread House.

I was at the Contemporary last Sunday and the "Frozen Theme"?? - there is barely a theme. So that's a dumb excuse on Disney's part. I'll be staying here for Christmas week and am reluctant to do so because this resort lacks so much cohesion with its Holiday decor - what little they have anyway. Last year when we stayed at GF Christmas week, THAT was an experience.

CDavid

Elements which don't fit a Frozen theme has never stopped them before (see Epcot, World Showcase...).

Since the wreath appears to have been prepared for installation, that would seem to refute this theory anyway.

dgp602

Elements which don't fit a Frozen theme has never stopped them before (see Epcot, World Showcase...).

Since the wreath appears to have been prepared for installation, that would seem to refute this theory anyway.
Was it confirmed that the wreath was actually brought to the staging area for prep? I know one poster mentioned he thought it was, but I don't think it was confirmed. It it indeed was brought to the staging area, then it should be easy to find out why it wasn't installed and put an end to the arguments. Disney spies, get on this.....!!;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom