Missing Mickey Christmas Wreath at Contemporary?

Space Mountain

Such a horrible reason behind this.. Looks to be a cheap budget cut from the Resort's GM. Apparently the wreath takes a few rooms out of inventory for support and the resort would rather have the income. (Yet I cant figure out how this could be true..) Believe it or not, up to you all. :-/ Disappointing though..

Goofyernmost

Such a horrible reason behind this.. Looks to be a cheap budget cut from the Resort's GM. Apparently the wreath takes a few rooms out of inventory for support and the resort would rather have the income. (Yet I cant figure out how this could be true..) Believe it or not, up to you all. :-/ Disappointing though..
I could be completely wrong here, but, just from memory the wreath isn't anywhere near a room. All the rooms face West and East. This was located in the center of the side which contains nothing but air. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I could be completely wrong here, but, just from memory the wreath isn't anywhere near a room. All the rooms face West and East. This was located in the center of the side which contains nothing but air. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

It's tethered to guest room balconies. Which then renders those balconies uninhabitable, therefore the rooms have to be take out of circulation.

jensenrick

There was a time when people didn't actively seek out being offended. Now they do.

I'm not Jewish. If I see a Jewish display in the town square then I typically think, "oh, that's nice," not, "I'm not Jewish and shouldn't have to see that!!!"
Oh please. No one was offended by the stupid wreath!
Yes it's a shame the wreath is not there but there are no PC reasons behind it. The whole place (WDW) is brimming with Christmas decor everywhere! I hardly think one big wreath makes a difference.

Goofyernmost

From talking to people I know in management at the Contemporary, Kevin Yee was correct in post #7.
The quote below is post #7...
I wouldn't be surprised if it had to do with new, tighter rules on working from rooftops and heights. Those same rules have given us all those snazzy (and visible) safety railings on rooftops around the parks.
What part of that application requires working from the roof. Didn't I see pictures of staging being used and that it was fastened about half way up the building? If they couldn't put that up, then they couldn't wash the windows or replace broken glass or do maintenance to the window assemblies. Nope, not buying it. It is a convenient excuse though. Blame it on the State of Florida.

tahqa

What part of that application requires working from the roof. Didn't I see pictures of staging being used and that it was fastened about half way up the building? If they couldn't put that up, then they couldn't wash the windows or replace broken glass or do maintenance to the window assemblies. Nope, not buying it. It is a convenient excuse though. Blame it on the State of Florida.

Halfway up the building is still working at heights...

Kman101

Honestly it just sounds like the typical find whatever excuse they can that sounds good and say it's that when it probably isn't that at all. If it was about not having the funds, seriously? This company not being able to afford ANYTHING boggles my mind. I know they're cheap but no one can seriously ever buy they can't afford to do something.

Polydweller

Interesting you mention washing windows, the new Health and Safety rules were the reason that window washing was significantly delayed at BLT. It's very believable that the same issues were involved here.

Goofyernmost

Interesting you mention washing windows, the new Health and Safety rules were the reason that window washing was significantly delayed at BLT. It's very believable that the same issues were involved here.

As I said in a previous post, it may be an excuse, but it isn't valid. How do they put or take down the decorations on the castle? That is higher then even the top of the Contemporary.

Space Mountain

Honestly it just sounds like the typical find whatever excuse they can that sounds good and say it's that when it probably isn't that at all. If it was about not having the funds, seriously? This company not being able to afford ANYTHING boggles my mind. I know they're cheap but no one can seriously ever buy they can't afford to do something.

Even though this company has an insane amount of money, resorts have their own budgets are rarely get supported funds from any other accounts. There have been severe budget cuts among the resorts Line of Business and the effects are showing in the resorts' monthly performance scores. But will anyone do anything? No, because the company has enough money overall that its not enough of an issue to make a negative impact. But that's another topic to discuss elsewhere..

Kman101

Even though this company has an insane amount of money, resorts have their own budgets are rarely get supported funds from any other accounts. There have been severe budget cuts among the resorts Line of Business and the effects are showing in the resorts' monthly performance scores. But will anyone do anything? No, because the company has enough money overall that its not enough of an issue to make a negative impact. But that's another topic to discuss elsewhere..

That's very true. I sometimes don't consider each resort having their own budget and having to work within that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom