Major 2015 Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment Watch/Rumor.

TheGhostWithTheMost

The old boats got stuck regularly as well. The difference is that it was easy to unstick the old boats. The new boats get stuck just as much if not more than the old boats. But when they get stuck, they're not going anywhere 80% of the time and that results in an in-show evac. Evacs are dangerous for cast and guests in nature because of the nature of the ride. The more evacs there are, the more the odds of something bad happening during an evac.

You also NEVER got more than a few drops of water on you (at most) in the old boats.

The new boats had problems from day one of testing them and the ride he has quickly gone to h*** since they were put in. And these are the boats that DL rejected.

betty rose

I'd be sad to see that attraction go. I agree the gas is obnoxious. I wish it would be updated with electric or something more futuristic.
No kidding, I'm really allergic to gasoline fumes....I have my husband gas up our cars, poor guy! I would love to ride along in an electric car. Or anything else that won't trigger my breathing problems'''''''1

!

Otterhead

I've ridden Pirates dozens of times and got to take some first-timers recently. I insisted they sit in front for the best view, and they kept saying "oh, you're just trying to get us wet!". I've never gotten more than a little sprinkle on the ride, and kept insisting that they'd be fine. Of course, they got absolutely drenched on the hill -- so much so that they went back to the resort to change, so they wouldn't be dripping wet at our dinner reservation -- and of course I got the blame! "See?? I knew you were trying to trick us!!"

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I agree. And contrary to what anyone says, you can't get in trouble for reporting a safety violation to OSHA. There are "whistle blower" laws that prevent harassment or unjust termination because of reporting a violation - plus, you remain anonymous if you request that of OSHA when you call.

If there are serious safety concerns, they should be reported to management, and if they don't do anything, you go to OSHA.

The whistleblower laws are toothless, Employee will get sacked and if they are lucky MAY find a lawyer to lodge an unjust termination case and if they are REALLY lucky they will get a few hundred dollars a decade or so from now.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I didn't get a single drop when I rode it on valentines day weekend.. Second row on the side. Not sure where the drenched posts are coming from!

ToTBellHop

I didn't get a single drop when I rode it on valentines day weekend.. Second row on the side. Not sure where the drenched posts are coming from!
Rows 1-6. Maybe you were in a boat of skinny people. Or maybe everyone in row 1 was 7 feet tall.

Are you sure you weren't on Jungle Cruise? Common mistake. We're talking about the one with the animals.

Kman101

I second not getting soaked and I was in the first row. I was waiting for it too. To be fair, I was alone in the front row and in the middle, but I was fine. Not saying it doesn't happen but it didn't happen to me.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Rows 1-6. Maybe you were in a boat of skinny people. Or maybe everyone in row 1 was 7 feet tall.

Are you sure you weren't on Jungle Cruise? Common mistake. We're talking about the one with the animals.
The first row.
200.gif

Goofyernmost

I was in the first row as well, by myself. I didn't get soaked, but, I did get splashed more then I ever have on PoTC in the past. Other then a little minor mist it really isn't acceptable to have that happen on that ride. No one is expecting it, it is not looked on as a fun thing by the riders and it needs to be addressed and fixed. Even if everyone doesn't get wet, sitting in the middle either side of me did get a lot more water then I did. Whats worse is the the next group of people that board the boat end up sitting in a puddle. It really does ruin the experience of PoTC. Fix it Disney! Thanks, no need to reply, just do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom