Major 2015 Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment Watch/Rumor.

Otterhead

we actually got pretty wet. Guess what? I LOVED it
When I rode it and my friends got totally soaked, they came off the ride laughing and giggling. They totally loved Pirates and didn't mind getting wet at all; it was a nice warm day. The problem was that they were "Kali Rapids" level of wet, and we had a nice dinner ADR in an hour or so, and they didn't want to go there with their pants and shirts soaked through.

betty rose

When I rode it and my friends got totally soaked, they came off the ride laughing and giggling. They totally loved Pirates and didn't mind getting wet at all; it was a nice warm day. The problem was that they were "Kali Rapids" level of wet, and we had a nice dinner ADR in an hour or so, and they didn't want to go there with their pants and shirts soaked through.
I like ride surprises!

SRQtech

I will say that while I this ride last November late at night with mostly empty boats, while a friend and I were waiting for the boat to get back to the unload zone, the boats began to stack up in line. We were sitting in the last row with no one else in our boat. The empty boat behind us got pushed by the boats behind it and the front end lifted up and went on top of our boats back bumper. It didn't hit us and I was able to push the boat off of ours but still not a pleasant thing to happen. I informed the cm and he radioed it in. Still a favorite ride though.

TheGhostWithTheMost

I will say that while I this ride last November late at night with mostly empty boats, while a friend and I were waiting for the boat to get back to the unload zone, the boats began to stack up in line. We were sitting in the last row with no one else in our boat. The empty boat behind us got pushed by the boats behind it and the front end lifted up and went on top of our boats back bumper. It didn't hit us and I was able to push the boat off of ours but still not a pleasant thing to happen. I informed the cm and he radioed it in. Still a favorite ride though.
You're getting warmer to the specifics of the scary things I've mentioned that have happened at unload.

Kman101

That's pretty much a disaster waiting to happen.

SRQtech

That's pretty much a disaster waiting to happen.
If we weren't paying attention the boat would have been inches from hitting us in the back of the head, but luckily I caught it so we sat sideways and I grabbed the nose of the other boat. Could it be too many boats stacking up that caused the problem or was my boat too heavily loaded in the back causing it to dip?

BrerJon

If we weren't paying attention the boat would have been inches from hitting us in the back of the head, but luckily I caught it so we sat sideways and I grabbed the nose of the other boat. Could it be too many boats stacking up that caused the problem or was my boat too heavily loaded in the back causing it to dip?

They forbid sitting in the back row now so I suspect that does happen because the new boats can't take being heavily loaded at the back, and incidents like yours are the reason that policy was put in place, capacity was reduced by a fifth and wait times for Pirates shot up.

MotherOfBirds

Your avatar makes it look like Daenerys will actually do something for a change, but then I remember that she never does anything of substance. In that sense, TDO is stocked with Daeneryses.

tumblr_inline_nj34djUND81rboc8m.gif

Bocabear

The biggest problem with Pirates has ALWAYS been the unload.. Boats have ALWAYS been stacked up at the unload scene...Sometimes backing up all the way through the entire burning city scene...Which completely destroys the ride's narrative. Guests are no longer immersed in the world of the Pirates, but then start waiting to get off the ride...it is a real mood killer.
they really need a dual unload station to cycle the boats through at the proper speed... Kind of crazy they never thought of that...

prberk

I'm sure it's buried somewhere in this thread but Pirates is clsoed for refurb from mid-May until November. http://www.wdwmagic.com/refurbishments.htm.

Looks like I won't be able to ride which begins May 12. I could move the trip up by one day but I would still miss out. Oh well, rode it in December. It needs a good refurb.

Of course this is announced right after they raise prices again, with MK over $100 for a single day. Raise prices and close their most famous and advertised ride. Makes sense.

(Don't get me wrong. Refurb needed, and a good one. What isn't needed is the price increase right now. Has anyone noticed the dramatic price increase over the last 10 years compared to the economy as a whole? Rediculous.)

Slowjack

Of course this is announced right after they raise prices again, with MK over $100 for a single day. Raise prices and close their most famous and advertised ride. Makes sense.

(Don't get me wrong. Refurb needed, and a good one. What isn't needed is the price increase right now. Has anyone noticed the dramatic price increase over the last 10 years compared to the economy as a whole? Rediculous.)
If they A) raised prices but then B) spent the time and money to return rides like Pirates to showroom condition, I'd be okay with it. It's when we get A without B that I balk. Fingers crossed on this refurb.

betty rose

Good thing I'm on a diet, use extra grocery money, for increased costs. Wow, I eat a lot.;)

Slowjack

The biggest problem with Pirates has ALWAYS been the unload.. Boats have ALWAYS been stacked up at the unload scene...Sometimes backing up all the way through the entire burning city scene...Which completely destroys the ride's narrative. Guests are no longer immersed in the world of the Pirates, but then start waiting to get off the ride...it is a real mood killer.
they really need a dual unload station to cycle the boats through at the proper speed... Kind of crazy they never thought of that...
This may be memory playing tricks, but I recall riding back in the day when the boats didn't stack, such that you didn't stop until you got to the final scene. Same with IASW. It just seems like they run more boats in the flume these days. Can anyone in the know confirm or deny?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom