Major 2015 Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment Watch/Rumor.

Sped2424

Original Poster
A friend of mine who works for Disney (not a standard cast member I have been on here long enough to know when info is crap) told me that a 6 month pirates refurb is being planned to go with a possible reopening in time for the holiday season of 2015. The only reason I am posting this is because this matches up with what I believe @TheGhostWithTheMost said about the imagineers wanting 12-18 and phil holmes saying 6 at most.

Captain Neo

A friend of mine who works for Disney (not a standard cast member I have been on here long enough to know when info is ****) told me that a 6 month pirates refurb is being planned to go with a possible reopening in time for the holiday season of 2015. The only reason I am posting this is because this matches up with what I believe @TheGhostWithTheMost said about the imagineers wanting 12-18 and phil holmes saying 6 at most.

Phil has that much authority? I thought Martin said after the space mountain debacle Burbank/Glendale now make the final call on all major refurbs

Sped2424

Original Poster
Phil has that much authority? I thought Martin said after the space mountain debacle Burbank/Glendale now make the final call on all major refurbs
I am just repeating what I read from the @TheGhostWithTheMost. The only info I got was that this refurb is close to being finalized and that for now they are aiming at 6 months with a holiday season reopening.

MerlinTheGoat

The longer the better. I will say that they achieved miracles with Splash Mountain in recent years with surprisingly short refurbs, the ride went from a dilapidated mess to looking almost new in just a short couple of months. I'd also say it was in worse overall shape than Pirates is currently (there was a ton of external rockwork to repair and repaint as well as the majority of animatronics being broken or half working). I may not know the full extent of POTC's issues however, it's quite a lot older than Splash and probably has some underlying issues that guests don't see. I know the audio is in particularly desperate need of work, that really stood out to me during the past few years, it's a real mess.

articos

A friend of mine who works for Disney (not a standard cast member I have been on here long enough to know when info is ****) told me that a 6 month pirates refurb is being planned to go with a possible reopening in time for the holiday season of 2015.
Yes.

He's part of the chain that makes decisions.

Phil can push quite a lot of things... lol But seriously the ride needs 6 at minimum. 18 at most.
18 is excessive. The work needed should be done in 6 months.

Last edited:

GymLeaderPhil

Four months is all they need to disable all the mouth movements on the figures and replacing them with a replica of Phil Holmes' teeth.
09252011PhilHolmes2.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom