Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

flyerjab

In the MK today and enjoyed our stroll through the hub. I did not photograph the railings on the castle walkways as there was no visible progress. The hub itself, as well as the Florida weather, were both incredibly beautiful.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

In short, I will simply say that with the new outer ring, improved landscaping and gardens, as well as the added turrets, I think the hub is fantastic.

Last edited:

halltd

In the MK today and enjoyed our stroll through the hub. I did not photograph the railings on the castle walkways as there was no visible progress. The hub itself, as well as the Florida weather, we're both incredibly beautiful.

View attachment 122651
Great picture!! This view of the castle (basically from anywhere on the East side) is my current favorite. Because of the mini forest they put in to replace the rose garden, the castle has the proper appearance of being off in the distance on a mountain or something.

Next time anyone is in the MK, walk over the Tomorrowland bridge and stop at the little overlook about halfway across and look back towards the castle. The view is truly stunning.

Otamin

In the MK today and enjoyed our stroll through the hub. I did not photograph the railings on the castle walkways as there was no visible progress. The hub itself, as well as the Florida weather, we're both incredibly beautiful.

View attachment 122651

View attachment 122652

In short, I will simply say that with the new outer ring, improved landscaping and gardens, as well as the added turrets, I think the hub is fantastic.
Whilst I've stated numerous times my thoughts on the central hub section, what they've done overall is fantastic.

The castle is sitting beautifully there.

indyumd

Sorry for the bump, but I'm curious how the new hub has handled the Christmas crowds. Any improvement with flow over previous years?

Bolt

Sorry for the bump, but I'm curious how the new hub has handled the Christmas crowds. Any improvement with flow over previous years?
I have noticed it has helped if you need to get around - it's a lifesaver. Especially with the popcorn cart relocated to the outer hub.

mm52200

On Dec 29, we were able to get from Cinderella Castle to the end of the parade route in Town Square before the 12 pm parade reached Town Square despite already being in the hub thanks to the new and the opened bypass. And the bypass looked fantastic during the day. I'd say aside from the lack of shade in the center hub...the new hub is an overall big win.

TTA94

Has anyone heard yet why they installed all those led color changing lights on those towers? More than likely it's for the Wishes replacement considering they are around the entire circle of the hub... But then I wonder what about Main Street? And is there plans to installed more of these towers/themed and or LED cans on the rooftops?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom