Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

photoflight

With a majority of the hub now complete, I'm interested to hear from anyone who has attended MVMCP and where the best locations now are for watching everything. I'm at least hoping it has created additional viewing areas for the parade, castle show, and fireworks.

I saw the MNSSHP fireworks from part of the "new" hub. No complaints.It was far less congested than the old hub (that was on a sold-out night for the party).

articos

Ah, so they are replacing the boards. We were led to believe otherwise.
There's one photo in that post with the decorative iron rail in place with temporary supports underneath - if you look at that photo, the capped solid pieces are the actual final product with a bit more detail to finish, in combination with the metal rails still to be installed for the lower 2/3 of the ramps. The plywood inserts are temporary.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, Dec 9. A view of the railings being installed on the right side ramp to Cinderella Castle. These views are from the castle doorway looking down the ramp. The "coat hook" things in the first photo are for the hand rails, yet to be installed.

IMG_7013.JPG

IMG_7012.JPG

A close up of the lanterns in the ramp pillars, as well as the hand rails as installed on the left ramp, which is open.

IMG_7011.JPG

Last edited:

peter11435

Photo update as of Wednesday, Dec 9. A view of the railings being installed on the right side ramp to Cinderella Castle. These views are from the castle doorway looking down the ramp. The "coat hook" things in the first photo are for the hand rails, yet to be installed.

View attachment 122564

View attachment 122565

A close up of the lanterns in the ramp pillars, as well as the hand rails as installed on the left ramp, which is open.

View attachment 122577
Don't expect those railings to be permanent.

peter11435

I think he was referring to the color and style. They will remain but be replaced with something resembling tarnished brass most likely and probably not round.
Exactly. There will be handrails. But those are temporary to get it open for the holidays just like the plywood railings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom