Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Doug Means

Funny must be the weather or something, a guest snapped at me for saying witch-hazel. Anyway it is amazing the connection many people did have to the hat. I know my brother-in-law loved the hat, but his first trip was not until 2011 so he knew nothing different.

I had florida resident passes the year before it was put up and the year after. my son and daughter really only knew of it being there and we liked it a lot. we miss it. but we are getting over that its gone. we embrace the change and know that not every change will make us happy, but we look forward to the new great stuff coming. its just in a lot of pics we have with great memories behind them.

jrogue

I am so excited to see the park without the hat!! It's been so long since I've seen it in its original state

Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 11.28.26 AM.png

Donaldfan1934

That photo makes it look as if poor Mickey needs some sort of therapy.
While I will say that its MUCH closer to the original state than it was, they should should either replace or repaint the pavement to restore it or create a new design for the hub. And also, Mickey's nose is in the wrong place now. Why couldn't they have just built the stage in the right place?

Marc Davis Fan

I think it's fair to say that people who "grew up with" the hat generally miss it because it was a symbol of a WDW park they enjoy, so they associate it with fun and Disney magic, not because the hat was anything of quality. Their reactions are based on personal nostalgia, not the characteristics of the hat itself.

(I know there are a few who really liked the appearance of the hat for its own sake, and I'm not admonishing that, just pointing out that that view appears to be the small minority, compared with those for whom liking the hat is about association with other things they love.)

Doug Means

i liked the hat, but when the discussion started about it leaving, i hoped it would be moved. its mainly because my kids loved it so much.

mergatroid

I think it's fair to say that people who "grew up with" the hat generally miss it because it was a symbol of a WDW park they enjoy, so they associate it with fun and Disney magic, not because the hat was anything of quality. Their reactions are based on personal nostalgia, not the characteristics of the hat itself.

(I know there are a few who really liked the appearance of the hat for its own sake, and I'm not admonishing that, just pointing out that that view appears to be the small minority, compared with those for whom liking the hat is about association with other things they love.)

My wife never knew the Studios without the hat so was sadenned and surprised when they removed it. She now agrees though that it looks better gone

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom