Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Cmdr_Crimson

well, they had the 100 years of magic in mind right? the fantasia hat was the most recognizable symbol.
Pffft...This is more Iconic than that..It's got 12 years before the hat.
Mickey_Mouse_head_and_ears.png

Magenta Panther

agree lol, goofy is particularly creepy! XD

He's the only thing I really dislike about the new shorts. They gave him yellow eyes for crying out loud. And yes, I know he started out with no pants, but then he was GIVEN pants, and it was an improvement. They made him look goofier. That was a good thing.

I really do like the shorts overall. They are frequently funny (never touch Donald Duck's nachos!) and Mickey retains his sweet optimism and his undying love for Minnie. Yeah, his looks go a little off-model maybe a little too often, but he's still Mickey, and his new voice actor is great.

Rescue Ranger

Looks so beautiful!

I still think of the earful Tower as the logo/mascot of the park. The GMR and TOT are amazing, but being that they are not really Disney owned properties, earful right now makes most sense I feel. Disney should just own the Twilight Zone. I'm sure it's only a mater of time before Disney ends up adding Avatar to their permanent collection.

Cmdr_Crimson

I really do like the shorts overall. They are frequently funny (never touch Donald Duck's nachos!) and Mickey retains his sweet optimism and his undying love for Minnie. Yeah, his looks go a little off-model maybe a little too often, but he's still Mickey, and his new voice actor is great.

It's amazing how they are getting away with some of these jokes...Even one of Walt Being dead.

WildcatDen

My guidance counselor said he didn't like that they removed the sorcerer hat during our Senior Trip.
That they removed the hat during your senior trip? I am sure, if he asked, they could have delayed it for a week?

Or did he make that statement during your senior trip?

brb1006

That they removed the hat during your senior trip? I am sure, if he asked, they could have delayed it for a week?

Or did he make that statement during your senior trip?
He made that statement during our trip once we entered Hollywood Studios. I made a disgusted look at him but kept my cool since this was his first visit to WDW and I had to explain alot about the park it's history.

Wikkler

He made that statement during our trip once we entered Hollywood Studios. I made a disgusted look at him but kept my cool since this was his first visit to WDW and I had to explain alot about the park it's history.
If it was his first visit to WDW, how did he know about the hat?

brb1006

If it was his first visit to WDW, how did he know about the hat?
I was the only student in High School who was aware about the hat removal unlike the majority of them including my guidance counselor and principal. The other weren't aware about it getting removed and we're all expecting the hat to be there.

This is due to most of them not being familiar to WDW and treat it like another visit to Six Flags. Heck I remember watching Fantasmic and I saw my guidance counselor mostly recording the show on his iphone. Don't get me wrong, my guidance counselor is a very nice and helped me alot during my High School year. But after out trip was finished, they all we're amazed and proud of me due to telling so many Disney facts (Including the history of WDW, knowing where certain characters are located).

Magic Feather

So, could the raised platform area possibly function as a stage? If they just added retractable lighting in those patches of brush, wouldn't that work?

BrerJon

What an amazing view, finally the clock has ticked, the hat is gone, and the view we all waited years for has returned. If we can get to Christmas without an ugly rent-a-stage blocking it that will be a miracle, but given what we've suffered a few weeks a year of a great view is still better than over a decade without one!

Let's hope someone with influence in deciding whether to build a blocking stage has some sense of visual awareness, or understanding of theme, and that those who designed the hat have long been given their marching orders and have no place in the decision process! (hint - do what they did in the 1990s - no obstructing metal stages in sight).

WDWFanDave

When I was there last week, the painting on the spires was well underway also. Looking at it from the front, the left hand side looked to have the same treatment as the center roof, and the right had side was still all black.

Felt like dancing all up and down the street, just from the joy of walking in and not seeing the hat.

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom