Imagineering a brand-new MK and Epcot for you!

mharrington

Original Poster
If I may state an idea I have, and it is an interactive exhibit explaining the tectonic plates, types of rocks, and the layers of the Earth. The exhibits can be a touch screen 'game' that shows the process of how sedimentary,igneous, and metamorphic rocks are formed. Several panels on the wall with in formation of the layers of Earth. In the center of the room there will be a circular screen that has a whole map of the world's tectonic boundaries, and it would be a virtual puzzle which the puzzle pieces will be the tectonic plates. The screen will be divided into 6 different parts so 6 people can play at once, and once the person finishes the puzzle facts about the 3 types of tectonic plates will appear. Although I'm not sure if this fits in with The Land very well or in any existing pavilion Epcot for that matter.

I don't know, but maybe it could go in somewhere at the Animal Kingdom, say, Rafiki's Planet Watch. Or if it were to go into Epcot, maybe one of the Innoventions buildings. Just thinking.

tcool

I don't know, but maybe it could go in somewhere at the Animal Kingdom, say, Rafiki's Planet Watch. Or if it were to go into Epcot, maybe one of the Innoventions buildings. Just thinking.
It wouldn't fit in very well in Rafiki's Planet Watch mostly due to the fact it is centered around animals. Although I agree with the Innovention Buildings location.

mharrington

Original Poster
We now come to the next pavilion: Journey Into Imagination! Now, this one will receive a DRAMATIC revision! Actually, it's not really my own idea. I had been wrestling with how to revise to include Dreamfinder and Figment again, until I discovered this at a blog on Epcot: http://www.epcotlegacy.com/historic...-combine-a-history-of-imagination-part-4.html. This will be that brand-new conception of the pavilion. It will feature a brand-new dark ride, utilizing the technology of Pooh's Hunny Hunt (and also the Ratatouille ride), a new version of the Image Works, a new Imagineering exhibit, and a replacement of Captain EO. What's the replacement? Well, in a sort of coming of full circle, the replacement is none other than a new version of Magic Journeys, in HD!

Here's a description of the dark ride (complete with an overview of the whole pavilion), also from the linked article here:

JOURNEY INTO IMAGINATION - THE QUEST FOR DREAMFINDER
The pavilion looks more fanciful than ever. The lower half of the building has an extremely familiar color scheme with both a literal and figurative twist, and (thanks to a recent cleaning) the glass pyramids shine so bright that even on a cloudy day it becomes necessary to wear sunglasses to observe the structure.
Once inside, the original lobby has been restored to its former glory, as in the days of the original Journey. The Walt Peregoy murals on both the ceiling and the walls have been lovingly recreated with updated color schemes and iridescent painting effects. The load mural depicts the first Journey with amazing detail and depictions of Figment and Dreamfinder more "on-model" than the original.
Proceeding through the circular queue, we pass through a new version of the Rainbow Corridor. Its neon rings are larger and more vibrant than ever before as the bands light-up they also scintillate with swirling light patterns racing to end of the tunnel accented with the faint sound of Figment’s laughter in the distance.
At the end of the Rainbow Corridor is the load area, a small darkened space illuminated only by stars and the glow of the corridor. It is here where we board paint pots, (not dissimilar to Pooh’s Hunny Hunt Pots) and we take-off for our adventure into the many lands of Imagination. Well, maybe "lands" is inaccurate for our quest begins in the vastness of a universe.
Shortly after departing, we join Figment in the pilot seat of a sleek updated version of the Dreamcatcher, (now renamed the Sparkcatcher) were we learn that Dreamfinder is lost in his own Imagination and Figment needs our help to find him.
The first realm we visit is that of limitless technology, a realm where we see Figment in a lab coat solving the mysteries of the universe on his 3-D holographic computer. Whether it be designing nanobots programmed to construct morphing physical structures or genetically engineering super intelligent beings nothing is impossible to our industrious little dragon.
Next, is the realm of unbelievable architecture. With Beautiful angles, impossible feats of engineering and indefinable styles, Figment is seen constructing the most incredible buildings and ingenious interiors. As we travel though this space the room even appears to change its shape! The Walls and Ceiling move and rotate to become varied and fanciful environments constructed through the unity of mathematics and art.
From the marvels of architecture to the wonders of creation, through writing words composing music, and rendering worlds Figment can become the master of his own universe. But be careful, for your imagination can turn on you, as in this climatic scene where large literary creations close in on Figment. Just as the darkness of the scene overtakes our little Figment, Dreamfinder flies in to save the day.
The darkest gives way to light and Dreamfinder has been found. In celebration of the happy event, we enter a large circular room; a fanciful land of white illuminated by colored light. A tribute to the original Walt Peregoy created "Arts" room of the original. Lit from above, below, inside and out the room practically spins with variegated color patterns and hovering in the center is Dreamfinder sitting atop his Dreamcatcher. The dirigible spins and undulates while collecting sparks around the room all the while keeping time with a particularly whimsical orchestration of "One Little Spark."
In our final scene, we join Figment flying through stylized clouds. Suspended by a barely noticeable inverted Kuka Arm, he’s an amazingly versatile animatronic. And at the very end of our experience we see Figment fly into the arms of Dreamfinder not unlike the closing scene of Dumbo and his mother and equally as moving. This is also the first time two animatronics have performed in perfect unison ending the attraction, in both an emotional and stunning way.
After departure, we experience a new Image Works, featuring advances like gesture-controlled Magic Palettes with photorealistic textures and 3-D designs. Or the new Electronic Philharmonic where you can select the latest film scores from Pirates to TRON and control not only mixing of instruments but even the tempo of the music. Finally, Stepping Tones where your feet not only control the music, but can even select the genre. From 80s Pop to Techno, Stepping Tones only gets better and better, for as the number of guests increases so does the tempo.
For all its interactive wonders, Image Works has now become the most elaborate of all interactive queues. Similar to Dumbo’s Big Top, all activities encircle a central queue for the new IMAX Real 3D presentation of Magic Journeys opening next year. A new film hosted by Dreamfinder and Figment, it combines the dreamy atmosphere of the original with coolness of Captain EO, and a hint HISTA fun. The film takes its audience on an unbounded trip through the limitless wonders of our world and other worlds to come.
And what of the Original Image Works? This space has become quite popular as the new Art of Imagineering. A cross between One Man’s Dream and the Blue Sky Cellar. The original architecture is still very much in use. You can walk through a lovingly restored Rainbow Corridor and the dark recesses of beyond are just perfect for exhibits featuring video and light effects. Figment’s Coloring Book has become a showcase for the latest projects including a new vision for World Showcase’s nighttime entertainment. But that’s a story for another time.

And to close out, here's the shot of the planned pavilion, as seen on that Epcot blog:
Journey%2040%20Imagination%202015.jpg

Pretty impressive, if I do say so myself. What did you think?

tcool

The updated pavilion sounds wonderful! Maybe it will bring back the crowds to this area(at least that's what one my parents told me when Figment 3.0 opened), and especially love the idea for the Stepping Tones!

mharrington

Original Poster
I'm also debating whether to keep Dreamfinder in his old style, with the huge beard, or to give his beard a nice trim so that he looks like this (as per a comic book in the works):
figment-and-dreamfinder-marvel-feat.png

mharrington

Original Poster
Now that the right side of Future World is done with, we shall now move on to the other side. Crossing over to the east side of Future World, you first see Test Track. Now, this attraction has just gone through an overhaul to make it somewhat more futuristic, so it's going to remain unchanged. Also, Mission: Space will remain unchanged.

However, in the spot once occupied by Wonders of Life, there will now be created a brand-new take on an old classic. It's called New Horzions, which will have a brand-new sponsor yet to be determined. It will be a brand-new version of the old Epcot ride, but with an updated view of the future. As in the original ride, the new ride will open with retro views of the future, each one from a different "cyberpunk" perspective: 1) Steampunk (19th century), 2) Dieselpunk/Decopunk (1920s through the early '40s), 3) Atompunk (1950s and '60s), and 4) The 1980s and '90s (there's no "cyberpunk" name for this one, I'm afraid).

Then we segue into views of the future, but not from a 1980s perspective (that is part of the first part of the ride), but from today's perspective. I have no idea how far out the view of the future was from the original ride, however. Would anyone be able to shed some light on that subject? And what should sponsor this attraction here? GE was the original sponsor, so what should be the sponsor this time?

mharrington

Original Poster
Who should sponsor the new ride called New Horizons? The original attraction was sponsored by General Electric, so what company can sponsor the new ride now? I'm having some difficulty with it.

mharrington

Original Poster
Well, I guess I'll have to answer my own question about the sponsor, possibly Hewlett-Packard, the sponsor for Mission: Space (at least it used to be, I don't know if it is anymore).

Anyway, last but not least for Future World, we have Universe of Energy. It will be a brand-new version of the old attraction (the dinosaur sequence will remain), but updated with information on alternative sources of energy (particularly in the admittedly long-running second movie) and with an emphasis on new green technology as a means of keeping the planet safe for future generations. Yes, it's an updated attraction with all references to Ellen DeGeneres, Bill Nye the Science Guy and Jeopardy all gone. And as you head into the closing scene of the ride, you hear an emotional rendition of "Energy (You Make the World Go 'Round)".

There will also be a new sponsor for this: I'm probably thinking of a solar company, but again, I can't think of any good sponsors.

Thrill

Who should sponsor the new ride called New Horizons? The original attraction was sponsored by General Electric, so what company can sponsor the new ride now? I'm having some difficulty with it.

Google. They do everything now. Communication (obviously), cars, energy investments, space investments, and probably other things we're not allowed to know about. Just kidding about the last part.

There will also be a new sponsor for this: I'm probably thinking of a solar company, but again, I can't think of any good sponsors.

Solar is the best option because it's really the only one other than oil/gas where the companies have a direct connection to the consumer (while coal/nuclear/wind are all run by big companies who really don't market to regular people). SolarCity might be a good choice.

mharrington

Original Poster
So before I move on to World Showcase, I'm going to recap the pavilions' sponsors whenever possible (some I just thought of right here and now):

-Spaceship Earth, presented by Siemens
-Innoventions
-The Living Seas, presented by ???
-The Land, presented by Dreyers (just thought of this)
-Imagination, presented by Nikon (official picture company now, replaces Kodak)
-Test Track, presented by Chevrolet
-Mission: Space, presented by HP
-New Horizons, presented by Google
-Universe of Energy, presented by SolarCity

That's about it, except for The Living Seas, which used to be sponsored by United Technologies, an elevator company.

DinoInstitute

So before I move on to World Showcase, I'm going to recap the pavilions' sponsors whenever possible (some I just thought of right here and now):

-Spaceship Earth, presented by Siemens
-Innoventions
-The Living Seas, presented by ???
-The Land, presented by Dreyers (just thought of this)
-Imagination, presented by Nikon (official picture company now, replaces Kodak)
-Test Track, presented by Chevrolet
-Mission: Space, presented by HP
-New Horizons, presented by Google
-Universe of Energy, presented by SolarCity

That's about it, except for The Living Seas, which used to be sponsored by United Technologies, an elevator company.
For the living seas, maybe Poland Springs, Dasani, or Aquafina?:p I'm not really good at this but those are some water bottle companies, so, its close:)

mharrington

Original Poster
I'm not really sure if a water bottle company is a good choice, though, especially since the bottles are plastic, which I thought was hazardous to the ocean.

Anyway, with Future World all finished now, it's now time to move on to World Showcase. First, we come upon Mexico. Not much will be done with the pavilion, except for one thing, one big thing: the boat ride. It will be given a slight revision. It will now somehow be a mix of both El Rio del Tiempo and Gran Fiesta Tour. In this case, it sort of reverts back to "El Rio...", but it's hosted by the Three Caballeros who guide guests on a tour of the history of Mexico (Panchito does most of the talking while Donald and Jose occasionally back him up), before realizing they're almost late for the concert in Mexico City and hope that the riders in the boat will meet them there.

There, the usual screen with Donald, Jose and Panchito is shown, but it's fronted by Audio-Animatronics of the characters as well. If they look familiar to you, they should: they're the same figures as at the old Mickey Mouse Revue:
Mickey-Mouse-Reuve.jpg

The only difference is that the characters are all wearing sombreros, not just Panchito, who also does not have any guns.

That's it for Mexico. I'll be moving on next time, but what are your thoughts?

mharrington

Original Poster
I've been hearing rumors about Norway's Maelstrom getting a "Frozen"-themed makeover, so I really have no say about that. Moving on from that, we are now in China. Nothing is changed there, either.

But now, we arrive in Germany. That one is going to get a new attraction. I was originally thinking about a river rapids-type ride through the Rhine, as a sort of intense version of the old Rhine River Cruise once thought of but abandoned, maybe calling it Rhine River Rapids. However, I'm facing concern that it would be too much like Kali River Rapids at the Animal Kingdom, so I really don't know. I just think that the Rhine River Cruise of old, if done today, might be a tad underwhelming to the masses of today.

Any ideas here?

DinoInstitute

I've been hearing rumors about Norway's Maelstrom getting a "Frozen"-themed makeover, so I really have no say about that. Moving on from that, we are now in China. Nothing is changed there, either.

But now, we arrive in Germany. That one is going to get a new attraction. I was originally thinking about a river rapids-type ride through the Rhine, as a sort of intense version of the old Rhine River Cruise once thought of but abandoned, maybe calling it Rhine River Rapids. However, I'm facing concern that it would be too much like Kali River Rapids at the Animal Kingdom, so I really don't know. I just think that the Rhine River Cruise of old, if done today, might be a tad underwhelming to the masses of today.

Any ideas here?
I don't know if the river rapids would be a good idea, because it would be odd IMO in a country in WS, and also there isn't really much room for one without it being primarily indoors. I think the original might be a good fit, and also I like the idea I heard from someone about a dark ride through a famous castle in Germany where myths and legends come alive or something

mharrington

Original Poster
I don't know if the river rapids would be a good idea, because it would be odd IMO in a country in WS, and also there isn't really much room for one without it being primarily indoors. I think the original might be a good fit, and also I like the idea I heard from someone about a dark ride through a famous castle in Germany where myths and legends come alive or something

I'm not really sure, though, how well just a simple cruise along a river would go over.

mharrington

Original Poster
There is one attraction I want Disney to put in the UK pavilion but Idk if you want them to include it.

If this is about Doctor Who, didn't we already establish that Disney doesn't own that property and that while there was a negotiation for them to have it some time ago that it fell through?

Twilight_Roxas

If this is about Doctor Who, didn't we already establish that Disney doesn't own that property and that while there was a negotiation for them to have it some time ago that it fell through?
They don't own the twilight zone nor avatar, and they still put them in there parks right?

mharrington

Original Poster
They don't own the twilight zone nor avatar, and they still put them in there parks right?

Well, while I think you recalled that they did come close to putting Doctor Who in the parks, those plans never came to fruition. So they might know something we don't.

Anyway, I'm not sure if the Rhine River Cruise as originally thought of would really work well in today's society, where many people, at least those on this site, are obsessed with nothing less than E-tickets. This would not be an E-ticket, I don't think.

And next, we've got Italy. Here, a new show, similar to "Impressions de France", is introduced, called "Impressioni dell'Italia". It's the same kind of movie, but about Italy, obviously.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom