Imagineering a brand-new MK and Epcot for you!

Twilight_Roxas

Well, while I think you recalled that they did come close to putting Doctor Who in the parks, those plans never came to fruition. So they might know something we don't.

Anyway, I'm not sure if the Rhine River Cruise as originally thought of would really work well in today's society, where many people, at least those on this site, are obsessed with nothing less than E-tickets. This would not be an E-ticket, I don't think.

And next, we've got Italy. Here, a new show, similar to "Impressions de France", is introduced, called "Impressioni dell'Italia". It's the same kind of movie, but about Italy, obviously.
Well, while I think you recalled that they did come close to putting Doctor Who in the parks, those plans never came to fruition. So they might know something we don't.

Anyway, I'm not sure if the Rhine River Cruise as originally thought of would really work well in today's society, where many people, at least those on this site, are obsessed with nothing less than E-tickets. This would not be an E-ticket, I don't think.

And next, we've got Italy. Here, a new show, similar to "Impressions de France", is introduced, called "Impressioni dell'Italia". It's the same kind of movie, but about Italy, obviously.
It was suppose to replace American Sings to be like Innoventions but inside the TARDIS plus they were trying to buy the rights to the entire series for a Americanized version of Doctor Who. My idea was going to be a trackless dark ride with Doctor (randomly is 10, 11, and 12.) and the riders riding a mini tardis while encountering Cybermen, Daleks, The Silence, and the Weeping Angels try to regain the tardis from the villain of the ride. Disney would only get permission to use the elements of Doctor Who for the ride with David Tennant, Matt Smith, and Peter Capaldi reprising there role as the Doctor.

mharrington

Original Poster
It was suppose to replace American Sings to be like Innoventions but inside the TARDIS plus they were trying to buy the rights to the entire series for a Americanized version of Doctor Who. My idea was going to be a trackless dark ride with Doctor (randomly is 10, 11, and 12.) and the riders riding a mini tardis while encountering Cybermen, Daleks, The Silence, and the Weeping Angels try to regain the tardis from the villain of the ride. Disney would only get permission to use the elements of Doctor Who for the ride with David Tennant, Matt Smith, and Peter Capaldi reprising there role as the Doctor.

Well, in regards of something like Avatar or The Twilight Zone or even Doctor Who, maybe they don't outright own the properties, but while that may be good enough for Disney, that's not good enough for me. I'd rather tread carefully with usage of properties than to skirt over any issues of usage just to use any which one of them all willy-nilly. As I keep saying, I like to take the real world into account before I do anything.

Anyway, I just thought of one other thing for the Italy pavilion, a special meet-n-greet section for Pinocchio, similar to the designated meet-n-greet for Snow White at the Germany pavilion. Speaking of which, Snow White may or may not be occasionally with the Seven Dwarfs (or at the very least Dopey) at her spot. Along the same lines, Pinocchio may or may not be seen with Geppetto and/or Jiminy Cricket at his spot. Just a way to get rarer characters into the parks in a way that makes sense today.

mharrington

Original Poster
Moving on...

Next to Italy, you come upon The American Adventure. Nothing is changed, except possibly for upgrades to the Audio-Animatronic figures, and maybe an update to the finale film clip, which I don't think was updated since the 1990s. Aside from that, I think that's it for the American Adventure.

Next to it, you come upon Japan. Now, here again, I was originally planning a roller coaster thrill ride themed to Mt. Fuji, but here again, it would conflict with Everest.

The alternative is the simulated bullet train ride. Here's what the Neverland Files said about it:

One proposed ride for the Japan Pavilion was to have been a new incarnation of Disney's CircleVision system. Guest's would have either walked through, or boarded for a specific time if it was in show form, a recreation of a Japanese shinkansen (bullet train). Looking out the windows (really video screens), guests would have seen sights from across Japan whizzing past the windows, whilst the train beneath them bumped and jostled to give the feeling of moving at high speeds.

Here's why it was never built:

Disney had trouble finding sponsorship for the Japanese attractions. At one point, Fuji Film was willing to contribute, but Disney's official photography company, Kodak, wouldn't allow it.

I could be mistaken, but I think Nikon, which also originated in Japan, might be able to sponsor this ride now that Kodak is gone. However, as with the Rhine River Cruise idea, I'm not sure how well a simple walkthough of a bullet train would go over in this day and age, which is what I think this is supposed to be, based on this picture below:
bullettrainride1.jpg

Anyway, I just think that it looks like a walkthrough attraction and I'm not sure how well it go over in this day and age. What are your thoughts?

mharrington

Original Poster
Figment has always been purple. What are you trying to say?

Also, I have another question: how appealing would a bullet train walkthrough attraction be to today's audience?

mharrington

Original Poster
Okay, but what about my earlier question: how appealing would a bullet train walkthrough attraction be to today's audience?

RadiatorSpringsRacer

Okay, for the last time: how appealing would a bullet train walkthrough attraction be to today's audience?

Personally, I think the bullet train ride would be better if it took on the "attacked by Godzilla" concept that was also rumored for it. The monster attacking should probably be a kaiju of original design as opposed to THE Godzilla, though, seeing as there'd be an IP conflict what with the recent movie. And to take another page from Japanese sci-fi, maybe the train itself and its engineer could secretly be part of the combiner mecha team that has to defeat it!

mharrington

Original Poster
Well try comparing it with the Hogwarts Express at Universal Orlando.

Well, unlike everyone here, I don't pay any attention to what's at Universal, so I wouldn't know.

Personally, I think the bullet train ride would be better if it took on the "attacked by Godzilla" concept that was also rumored for it. The monster attacking should probably be a kaiju of original design as opposed to THE Godzilla, though, seeing as there'd be an IP conflict what with the recent movie. And to take another page from Japanese sci-fi, maybe the train itself and its engineer could secretly be part of the combiner mecha team that has to defeat it!

That could be a good idea. Maybe it could start out like the original bullet train concept, but then get attacked by the monster in question. The only thing I can think of, however, is a strange name taken from several other non-Godzilla kaiju: King Rodanera, a cross between King Ghidorah, Rodan and Gamera.

mharrington

Original Poster
Moving on, nothing is changed in Morocco. In France next door, their film "Impressions de France" is updated and replaced with a newer movie. Aside from that, nothing is changed. Finally, neither the United Kingdom nor Canada, the last two pavilions, are changed.

All together, except for Morroco and the United Kingdom, all the World Showcase pavilions have an attraction to it.

mharrington

Original Poster
what, no ratittue ride?

No, no Ratatouille ride. I really want to keep anything Pixar-related to a minimum. As you could see by my inclusions, few things at Epcot have Pixar characters in them, only the "Finding Nemo" characters at The Living Seas, and even they will be minimized. My real objective with Epcot was to restore some of the luster from its glory days of the 1980s and early '90s.

So all told, here's the final list of attractions at Epcot:

FUTURE WORLD (attractions arranged by pavilion):
  1. Spaceship Earth
  2. Innoventions (with a new One Man's Dream exhibit and possibly another on the earth)
  3. The Living Seas
  4. Living With the Land (at The Land)
  5. Cuisine Cabaret (at The Land)
  6. Soarin' Over Florida (at The Land)
  7. Journey Into Imagination: The Quest For Dreamfinder (at Imagination!)
  8. Image Works (at Imagination!)
  9. Magic Journeys (at Imagination!)
  10. The Art of Imagineering (at Imagination!)
  11. Test Track
  12. Mission: Space
  13. New Horizons
  14. Universe of Energy
WORLD SHOWCASE (again, attractions arranged by pavilion):
  1. Gran Fiesta Tour With the Three Caballeros (at Mexico)
  2. A Frozen overlay of Maelstrom likely coming (at Norway)
  3. Reflections of China (at China)
  4. Rhine River Cruise? (at Germany)
  5. Impressioni dell'Italia (at Italy)
  6. The American Adventure
  7. A new attraction with a kaiju monster (at Japan)
  8. Impressions de France (at France)
  9. O Canada (at Canada)
I put a question mark next to the Germany ride, because I'm still debating about how to do it. I want to include it, but I'm concerned that today's guests would think it boring. Also the attraction at the Japan with the new kaiju monster is currently nameless. Any ideas on that?

Next time, I will go back to the Magic Kingdom and tie up a few loose ends.

mharrington

Original Poster
I had a couple of other ideas for the Magic Kingdom while I had tried to do some stuff for Epcot. One of them is for another addition to Pirates of the Caribbean, which was already mentioned, on page one, as being somewhat improved, albeit within preexisting confines. Anyway, in the auction scene, there's a brand-new minor addition. This will help make it different from the ride at Disneyland.

This addition to Pirates of the Caribbean will be the addition of something that was considered early on but ultimately nixed. An early draft of the ride script called for, in addition to the pirates "wanting the redhead", a pair of heckler pirates who knew they had no chance with the redhead. Instead, they tried to put her down with such zingers as "Her father's the tax collector," or "Her mother sings opera," or "She smokes cigars," or "But she don't drink." This is all mentioned in the book on the ride by Jason Surrell. These two heckler pirates are now in the ride at WDW.

Voxel

President of Progress City
No, no Ratatouille ride. I really want to keep anything Pixar-related to a minimum. As you could see by my inclusions, few things at Epcot have Pixar characters in them, only the "Finding Nemo" characters at The Living Seas, and even they will be minimized. My real objective with Epcot was to restore some of the luster from its glory days of the 1980s and early '90s.

So all told, here's the final list of attractions at Epcot:

FUTURE WORLD (attractions arranged by pavilion):
  1. Spaceship Earth
  2. Innoventions (with a new One Man's Dream exhibit and possibly another on the earth)
  3. The Living Seas
  4. Living With the Land (at The Land)
  5. Cuisine Cabaret (at The Land)
  6. Soarin' Over Florida (at The Land)
  7. Journey Into Imagination: The Quest For Dreamfinder (at Imagination!)
  8. Image Works (at Imagination!)
  9. Magic Journeys (at Imagination!)
  10. The Art of Imagineering (at Imagination!)
  11. Test Track
  12. Mission: Space
  13. New Horizons
  14. Universe of Energy
WORLD SHOWCASE (again, attractions arranged by pavilion):
  1. Gran Fiesta Tour With the Three Caballeros (at Mexico)
  2. A Frozen overlay of Maelstrom likely coming (at Norway)
  3. Reflections of China (at China)
  4. Rhine River Cruise? (at Germany)
  5. Impressioni dell'Italia (at Italy)
  6. The American Adventure
  7. A new attraction with a kaiju monster (at Japan)
  8. Impressions de France (at France)
  9. O Canada (at Canada)
I put a question mark next to the Germany ride, because I'm still debating about how to do it. I want to include it, but I'm concerned that today's guests would think it boring. Also the attraction at the Japan with the new kaiju monster is currently nameless. Any ideas on that?

Next time, I will go back to the Magic Kingdom and tie up a few loose ends.
Sugguest on the Kaiju, with the resurgence of Popularity I would go for Godzilla.

mharrington

Original Poster
Sugguest on the Kaiju, with the resurgence of Popularity I would go for Godzilla.

Well, someone else thought of a kaiju monster, but not Godzilla itself, because they said there might be a conflict given the recent movie. That's why I thought of a different kaiju monster called King Rodanera, a cross between King Ghidorah, Rodan and Gamera.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Well, someone else thought of a kaiju monster, but not Godzilla itself, because they said there might be a conflict given the recent movie. That's why I thought of a different kaiju monster called King Rodanera, a cross between King Ghidorah, Rodan and Gamera.
That wouldn't be a bad idea, and interesting (from what I have heard the Japanese were even happy with the new Godzilla film, so this could be an possibility)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom