Imagineering a brand-new MK and Epcot for you!

mharrington

Original Poster
Remember the fireworks show I proposed a while back? Well, here it is. It's similar to Remember Dreams Come True in the sense that it's not just another generic show about "magic" and "dreams" and instead has some specific and, dare I say it, limiting themes to it. As such, there will be no "new" movies to show.

Anyway, the show is based on the life of Walt Disney himself, sort of like the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco. As such, there will be absolutely nothing of the contemporary period here. However, just as Remember Dreams Come True has the exact same opening as Wishes, so this show will begin with the same opening as Magical, like so:

So based on the WDFM, here's part of the basic structure. Maybe it could just start with Mickey and go from there:

1. Opening (with Magical theme)
  2. Mickey Mouse and friends
  3. First features (Snow White, Pinocchio, Fantasia)
  4. Later films (from Dumbo to about Lady and the Tramp) (might be this show's equivalent of RDCT's Critter Country/Fantasyland/Toontown scene)
  5. Disneyland
  6. Newer films, culminating in Mary Poppins
  7. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow
  8. Conclusion

That's all I got. It's very rough right now, but you get the general idea. For segment four, the "later films", there will be music similar to the castle projection show, especially for parts at 2:12 (to be for "Alice") and 2:33 (for "Dumbo"):

As you can see, the castle will get in on the show, too. But any ideas on how to take this forward? Can anyone think of a name, too?

mharrington

Original Poster
Oh, I almost forgot one thing about Main Street. It will be the home of one of several "One Man's Dream" exhibits, an outgrowth of the attraction at DHS. In the case of the Magic Kingdom, the Main Street Cinema will now be home to a One Man's Dream exhibit on the history of Disney parks, particularly Disneyland. In the back will be a tiny theater showing off a history of Disneyland (this will also be seen in the preshow for Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln at Disneyland itself). And with that, I've finished with the Magic Kingdom.

Now I've arrived at Epcot. As you approach the main entrance, the changes begin almost immediately with a new entrance medley loop, starting with the return of this brilliant tune in the video below:

Now, Spaceship Earth, being sponsored now by Siemens, will be left largely intact, although I may or may not get rid of the interactive screens near the end.

I really have no idea what is really going on in Innoventions, but in one of the pavilions will be the home of Epcot's One Man's Dream exhibit, which is about Walt's original vision of E.P.C.O.T. and how it somehow evolved into the Epcot of 1982.

Okay, that should do it for now. Thoughts, comments, concerns?

mharrington

Original Poster
Since no one is inclined to provide with thoughts, comments and concerns, I guess I will move on with Future World, starting with the right-hand (or western) side.

Now, first of all, we have The Seas With Nemo and Friends. First off, the name will be reverted back to The Living Seas. The Finding Nemo characters will still be around, but they will not be nearly as obvious, at least not until you get in your clammobiles (I think that's what they are). Then once you reach Sea Base Alpha, the Nemo characters will be around, but only to educate on the ocean. I really can't comment on a lot of things, really, because I have not been to WDW at all since 2003, and this all came long afterward, but somehow, it will be a cross between Nemo and scientific, as the original Sea Base Alpha was. Oh, and the interactive attraction with Crush remains, too.

Anyway, there will be changes, however. The queue winding through the main entrance area before the clammobile load area will have no references at all to Nemo. There will be a new movie in the area, similar to the original "Seas" movie, but not the same at all. And the Hydrolators will return, waiting to (seemingly) take you down to the clammobiles. Only then do the Nemo characters first appear.

Thoughts, comments, concerns?

mharrington

Original Poster
Hehe, I always thought that a cool little exibit would be on the side of a building be a police box!

I'm not really sure how I feel about Doctor Who in the parks. Knowing Disney, they would probably not do a lot with it unless they owned the property outright. I thought the proposal sort of just came and went.

Anyway, here's the next part of my overhaul on Future World. Moving beyond The Living Seas, you come upon The Land. This pavilion has received a more dramatic overhaul than The Living Seas (and just as dramatic as Journey Into Imagination, as you shall see).

The changes are not readily apparent when you set foot inside the pavilion. It still has a rotating sit-down restaurant at the far end and a food court on the lower floor. However, all the attractions have been changed, some more radically than others. The first attraction is the one that is changed the least: the Living With the Land boat ride. It is largely the same ride as before, taking guests through the many agricultural procedures done throughout many different climates, before taking guests into the heart of the attraction, the agricultural plant domes, where guests pass by real growing methods incorporated by The Land, spotting several fruits and vegetables along the way, while also spotting new and innovative ways to advance the growing process of these crops.

The main difference between the boat ride of old and the newer version in my plans is the return of an old theme song. Back when the boat ride was called "Listen To the Land", it used to have a theme song, which was also included on the original Epcot record album. It had a twangy country feel to it. In fact, you can listen to that song right here in the video below:

Here's the song within the context of the ride itself, roughly (from 6:07 to 8:57):

Anyway, for the new boat ride, the song will be exactly the same as before, but with a few slight differences: in deference to the ride's current name, instead of "Let's listen to the land we all love...", the song will now go, "We're living with the land we all love...". Other than that, it's the exact same song. Another piece of Epcot history has returned!

And that's only the first change in the Land pavilion at Epcot! Stay tuned.

Twilight_Roxas

They almost bought the series before the 1996 tv film. The concept was going to be a motion simulator ride kinda like Spiderman, and Transformers were the riders have to help the Doctor while avoiding the Daleks,Cybermen,Weeping Angels, and the Silence plus the Doctor is random with either 10,11 or 12.

mharrington

Original Poster
Personally, I would like to have more scenes in LWTL and a better "finale" than the current version

Well, being as I had not been on that ride in a LONG time (I'm talking since 25 years ago!), I really don't have a lot to think about here on the matter of the ride.

Anyway, I'll put up the next part of my Land updates later. Stay tuned.

mharrington

Original Poster
Here's the next part of the Land overhaul, a new food-themed show based on Kitchen Kabaret (and to a lesser extent, Food Rocks). It will be located in the area once occupied by the Harvest Theater where Symbiosis and Circle of Life once played.

It's called Cuisine Cabaret! It's a mix of both Kitchen Kabaret and Food Rocks (but mostly Kitchen Kabaret), with an emphasis on healthier eating. It's not really well-developed at the moment (though I might go into detail later on), but I will tell you that Cuisine Cabaret will mark the return of Kitchen Kabaret's production number "Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit".

And in the Soarin' area, there will be a new flight ride themed to Florida. Appropriately, it's called Soarin' Over Florida. For the basic gist of the ride, watch the video below:

In all honesty, I'm really not sure how I feel about them doing it to "Soarin' Over the World". I would think that the world would be too easy to do. At least this provides a little bit of a challenge. Or if everyone objects, I guess it could be done to Soarin' Over the USA, which is slightly broader but still limited to one country.

DinoInstitute

Here's the next part of the Land overhaul, a new food-themed show based on Kitchen Kabaret (and to a lesser extent, Food Rocks). It will be located in the area once occupied by the Harvest Theater where Symbiosis and Circle of Life once played.

It's called Cuisine Cabaret! It's a mix of both Kitchen Kabaret and Food Rocks (but mostly Kitchen Kabaret), with an emphasis on healthier eating. It's not really well-developed at the moment (though I might go into detail later on), but I will tell you that Cuisine Cabaret will mark the return of Kitchen Kabaret's production number "Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit".

And in the Soarin' area, there will be a new flight ride themed to Florida. Appropriately, it's called Soarin' Over Florida. For the basic gist of the ride, watch the video below:

In all honesty, I'm really not sure how I feel about them doing it to "Soarin' Over the World". I would think that the world would be too easy to do. At least this provides a little bit of a challenge. Or if everyone objects, I guess it could be done to Soarin' Over the USA, which is slightly broader but still limited to one country.

I think it would be cool to have soarin over the world for the world showcase countries. But I like you idea!!

DinoInstitute

Also, did you create this video yourself? Its really good!! I feel like I saw a hidden mickey in the sand even in the third scene with the beach!!

tcool

If I may state an idea I have, and it is an interactive exhibit explaining the tectonic plates, types of rocks, and the layers of the Earth. The exhibits can be a touch screen 'game' that shows the process of how sedimentary,igneous, and metamorphic rocks are formed. Several panels on the wall with in formation of the layers of Earth. In the center of the room there will be a circular screen that has a whole map of the world's tectonic boundaries, and it would be a virtual puzzle which the puzzle pieces will be the tectonic plates. The screen will be divided into 6 different parts so 6 people can play at once, and once the person finishes the puzzle facts about the 3 types of tectonic plates will appear. Although I'm not sure if this fits in with The Land very well or in any existing pavilion Epcot for that matter.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom