Haunted mansion has reopened!

Enderikari

Quick post to clear things up:

"I didn't mean to frighten you, prematurely..." has been there for a long time, it has always been said as the doors to the doom buggy chamber open.

The Ring? Gone, not only paved over, but dug up and replaced with new brick! Thank the powers, finally!

EpcotServo

Hey everybody! Just got back. Had a great time! I was part of the rush this morning, and I LOVED IT. Haunted Mansion is now AMAZING! The strech room gave me goosebumps, and made me do a few giddy geek laughs.
:lol:

I am SO impressed at how WDI went ABOVE and BEYOND their call of duty on this one. I even got to thank them on the way out! In short, stop reading and get down there! BEST. REFURB. EVER.
:sohappy:

Look for photos in my upcoming Update! (should be up tonight or tomorrow.) And to warn you, there are NO ride-ruining flash pictures in my update, as you might see posted elsewhere. Though my Update has a GREAT picture that'll creep you out! (It even made ME jump when looking at it!)
:D

doop

Great job filiming the video, I really enjoyed it, the bride looks excellent! Now I just need to see it for myself.

ectomstr

Amazing. i was practically jumping up and down. no, i WAS jumping up and down with glee in the stretching room. amazing. pure and simple. this is what we mean by taking a classic and enhancing it.

CSUFSteve

I am not watching it b/c I leave in two weeks and want to see it with my own eyes first.

But for those who have seen both DL's and now MK's, how would you compare the two? And please, try to be objective!!

How did you get the sound to record like that?

Best_video.jpg

Of course the CM playing the role in the stretching room could have had more feeling in her line s"please drang your bodies to the dead center of the room. so mono-tone and blah.

bayoutinkbelle

I highly recommend that you see it in person first. No video could ever do this ride justice, especially not now that they've enhanced it.

With that said... the video is there to tempt you. :p

:lol:

And I always used to peek at my Christmas presents, too. Great job and the audio is amazing. Yeah, I watched it, but I know the real thing is going to blow me away. Can't wait!

LongtimeReader

I am not watching it b/c I leave in two weeks and want to see it with my own eyes first.

But for those who have seen both DL's and now MK's, how would you compare the two? And please, try to be objective!!

The two are very similar now...Constance and Leota are the same. The extra addition here is the staircase scene (very cool), the glowing eye wall (also cool) and the new stretch room audio (mad cool). The staircase is an impossibilty at DL, but I'm sure soon they'l be receiving the audio upgrades, which are the REAL star of the show. Amazing and such a huge difference. There were lots of audio cues missing this morning (I never heard the raven at all, the "aaah, there you are" at the hitchhiking ghosts was absent, and some ambient noise), but as I understand they will be brought back up ASAP and was just a thing that needs to be ironed out over the next few third shift nights. Also there seems to be a new rumor that a cold air blast will be installed soon, but I hadn't heard that before today, so I don't know about that one.

Figment571

What about the demon things in the stretching room? Any life in those guys or are they dead as a doornail? (sorry just had to use a dead guy pun.)

Mecha Figment

I would like to let folks know that the mansion is running on b show for now.

and it's still rough around the edges

the singing busts are not in sync with their audio when i saw it

and the disappearing head portraits are not working as well either.

GrumpyDopey

Didn't take long to break.

Came back this week to MK specifically to check out the HM. Arriived at about 7:45PM. The line moved quickly and we got started on this highly-anticipated journey. Liked what I saw for most of the ride. Then moved into the previously-discussed bride room and the ride stopped. :(

This happens sometimes on rides, so we sat patiently. And sat. And sat. After 10 minutes of hearing the typical 'stay in your buggies' message, we were told that the butlers and maids would be coming around to let us out of our seats and walk us back to the entrance. We didnd't even get to go forward to at least see the rest of the ride! :mad:

One neat thing though - I got to walk back through a large portion of the ride with the lights on. Recorded in on my digital camera video setting. Not the greatest video but probably a once in a lifetime event.

I didn't check back to see if it had opened again because by this time my kid was chanting for the Fireworks.

Will check again tomorrow. Hopefully all will be fixed by then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom