Haunted mansion has reopened!

CrashNet

This is correct, there is audio that appears to come from the gargoyles, but nothing more. Most guests arent even going to notice it.
Steve, your responses sound like you've gotten a chance to actually ride it. Are you over here in the states?

PintoColvig

The wife took my phone but I snuck it back! Heh, heh.

I never did see that potential Hidden Mickey again. I saw it in one of the appearing footprints in the staircase scene directly above the buggies. Maybe it was just wishful thinking.

Also, on my last ride through, I spoke with a guy who claimed to be a design engineer. He's not a Disney CM but does contract work. He said he worked on the structure for the staircase scene and some behind the scenes work. He was riding it for the first time with his family he said.

Dang! My wife just caught me with the phone again! Bye!

coasterphil

Anyone notice if the cue is wheelchair accessible. I've always had to go in the exit. Would like to take in the whole experience. Another website posted a rumor that there would be a car similar to the Nemo ride in EPCOT that could actually take wheelchairs. If so I could stop being the playful spook who keeps stopping the ride on you guys! I'll be there in three weeks!

Nope, you'll still have to go through the exit. As far as a special doom buggy, I don't believe so as my ride was stopped thanks to a spook.

Jerm

The gargoyles do not come to life, nor will they. But, there are plenty of great added sound effects to not really need them! :)

I'll have video (regular and nightshot) along with a bunch of pictures (whoops, did my flash go off?) and binaural audio (to get the feeling of the new stretch room audio) very soon. Gimme an hour or three.

An hour or THREE!!! Come on Ricky I expected to come on here and have your video be the first one up and be able to download it to wow my friends and co-workers!

J

wdwdude423

I'm pretty sure that "I didn't mean to frighten you..." line has always been there, but it sounds like they've made it more audible now. It would play at almost the exact same time as the exit door opened in the stretching room. Plus, it was played from speakers in the load area hallway just outside the room. Combined with the usual noise from the crowd, it made it very hard to hear.

Yea, it was always there. LOL, hearing all these posts about them just adding that in made me feel crazy thinking it was there all along. I'm pretty sure it was because HM at WDW is the only one I've been in, so I couldn't have confused it for another.

CaptainMichael

Anyone notice if the cue is wheelchair accessible. I've always had to go in the exit. Would like to take in the whole experience. Another website posted a rumor that there would be a car similar to the Nemo ride in EPCOT that could actually take wheelchairs. If so I could stop being the playful spook who keeps stopping the ride on you guys! I'll be there in three weeks!
They were still redirecting wheelchairs to the exit today. Nemo had to have wheelchair accessibility because of new laws. HM's Doombuggies are "grandfathered" in.

How about the gargoyles in the stretch room? Have those changed at all?
Nope.

the new gargoyles were officially announced by Disney recently (in the Disney Insider???), so I would imagine they will be up and running soon.
I think PR was confused by the concept of the new audio in the Stretching Room which is AMAZING by the way!
So you don't feel bats, you just hear them, right? :lookaroun
Right

Yea, it was always there. LOL, hearing all these posts about them just adding that in made me feel crazy thinking it was there all along. I'm pretty sure it was because HM at WDW is the only one I've been in, so I couldn't have confused it for another.
It sounded strange to me today, and now it's because I don't think I've ever heard it.

Oh goodness, it was absolutely amazing!!

The only thing I really didn't like was the corridor with the glowing eyes- they were cartoony and kind of lame.

missionspace

I was wondering can you feel the bats in the attic? I heard there was going to be a effect that it seems like the bats were touching you or did the axe that effect?

celestia

A quick correction.

The queue line *is* now about 90% wheelchair accesible.

Castmembers were directing wheelchairs (all types and forms, including electric) through the regular line up to a certain point. From that point they are then brought through the exit as before, but now they travel through most of the line with everyone else.

coasterphil

I was wondering can you feel the bats in the attic? I heard there was going to be a effect that it seems like the bats were touching you or did the axe that effect?

No bats touching you. Also, I agree with the eyes being pretty pathetic compared to the rest of the ride. Everything is so well done now, but those look like they were straight out of a carnival fun house.

celestia

I did not notice any such effect. The paintings were very creepy in the attic though. The sound effect of the bats in the first rooms are very convincing.

I really liked the effect. I noticed that some where lights and others looked like they were video.

I don't know...I thought they just looked kind of cheesy...

However, I didn't notice that there was a video effect on some of them. That would bump it up a few notches in my book...I'll have to ride again soon and see!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom