Hatbox Ghost is Disney World?

Bairstow

WDW's Space still excels at atmosphere. It eases you into a dreamy space with the dark lights, the old space dioramas and Hubble photos and that gorgeous music. DL just kinda abruptly dumps you from day into the darkened indoor space.
Agreed on how much the closed roof sucks though.

Now that I think about it, the subtely parabolic entry walkway of the Florida Space Mountain is one of the more impressive queue structures out there.
I wonder if its shape is meant to evoke the idea of walking along the perimeter of a circular space station, a-la 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Agreed on how much the closed roof sucks though.

Yeah, I really miss the 90s version of Florida's Space Mountain, with its completely bonkers Jetsons/Fifth Element atmosphere.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Now that I think about it, the subtely parabolic entry walkway of the Florida Space Mountain is one of the more impressive queue structures out there.
I wonder if its shape is meant to evoke the idea of walking along the perimeter of a circular space station, a-la 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Yeah, I really miss the 90s version of Florida's Space Mountain, with its completely bonkers Jetsons/Fifth Element atmosphere.

The shape of the queue serves the practical purpose of getting across the railroad tracks, but this is an interesting idea. They could have gone above instead of below the railroad.

Prog

It doesn't really fit the current attic IMO. Given the choice between the old bride or a HBG, I'd certainly go with the former, although in reality, the two belong together.
Or at least fix Constance's facial structure. She's less convincing than Leota or the busts.
Put in the scary web guy. The mansion is supposed to scare you until the graveyard scene where you learn that the sinister things you saw were merely silly spooks pretending to terrorize.
What I really would like to see is the original mansion in the glory it never had, as the graveyard was never cohesive until the film was done away with. Now that everyone sings GGG together, the graveyard works way better, although after the original mansion's "narrative" was done away with.

Haymarket2008

Just watched this video: http://www./2015/08/video-legends-o...at-scarela-2015-panel-with-disney-imagineers/ , and Daniel Joseph (lead imagineer on the project) all but confirms and justifies the eventual presence of the Hatbox Ghost in Walt Disney World. It's an awesome video, check it out. 18:50 for the WDW bit.

Victor Kelly

Like Sped said, the Mansion is such a work of art that to diverge too far from the Davis/Coats concepts is to lose a lot of what makes the attraction so special.

Interesting, videos, though.
I presume their intended for use in DIY haunted houses, with flatscreen TVs mounted as mock portraits?

Forbidden Journey uses that technique extensively in the queue, with mild paint work on top of the screens to give them the appearance and visual texture of painted canvasses.

Something makes me suspect these videos are actually leaked improperly to Youtube- they seem like the kind of thing that would commercially available in the professional haunt market, for a licensing price.

These are sold by Spirit Halloween stores.

Clover Bailey

Just watched this video: http://www./2015/08/video-legends-o...at-scarela-2015-panel-with-disney-imagineers/ , and Daniel Joseph (lead imagineer on the project) all but confirms and justifies the eventual presence of the Hatbox Ghost in Walt Disney World. It's an awesome video, check it out. 18:50 for the WDW bit.

Awesome, dude! Everyone told me that they "planned" to make a Hatbox Ghost, but I was right, there was a second one all along. Can't wait to see him, hopefully around Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, cuz I'm going in November!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know he was never there, but there was a model created for the attraction, but it wasn't use since the effect didn't work. So they could bring him to Disney World. Maybe even Tokyo, I don't know.
That was in 1969.

And in Disneyland.

HMF

Insiders have said that the HBG is coming to WDW's HM in the future, but it is not clear when the installation will occur. Probably the next time it gets shut down for a refurb.
My bet would be after DL's 60th, so October 2016 at the earliest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom