Hatbox Ghost is Disney World?

cwoms197

Original Poster
Is this a possibility at all. I don't want to go to California to see this amazing piece of work. Does anyone believe the east coast will introduce him to our haunted mansion?

MerlinTheGoat

I believe @Lee has mentioned in the past that it is intended to bring him to WDW as well. Though i'm unsure if this is still planned. Perhaps the chances are good if they've already made a duplicate figure. They did plus Little Mermaid recently with the California enhancements, and WDW1974 has also mentioned that the Big Thunder effects from Disneyland are also supposed to be coming at some point.

Expo_Seeker40

I think with fan demand, it'll be possible. It's a simple AA figure, but uses a rear digital mapping projector on the face of the figure. Similar to the 7 dwarves in the mine train.

The MK haunted mansion has the same platform extending out of the attic that could be turned into the room housing the HBG

Skippy

Why do the parks always have to have the same things?

Hopefully it stays a Disneyland-exclusive.
Completely agree.
HBG has a long, ridiculous history with Disneyland. Not the Magic Kingdom. This isn't the usual addition/improvement.

WDW can find a unique way to improve it's own HM, if it so chooses.

lazyboy97o

Completely agree.
HBG has a long, ridiculous history with Disneyland. Not the Magic Kingdom. This isn't the usual addition/improvement.

It's not really a long history and that history kind of ends with both figures being lost. It only recently really became an obsession, as people trying to prove their credibility by all knowing the same "trivia."

mouse_luv

Completely agree.

Yes, the HBG originated in DL, but saying it the way you did that "the HBG has a long ridiculous history with DL, not the MK." And your point is?!
Both DL and WDW have MK's and they both contain a HM. The way you stated it makes no sense.
Besides, what is it to DL people if WDW gets it or not. You guys got it first. It's not like Disney said ok, let's put the HBG in the WDW HM.
It went where it belonged. Now, if WDW were to get one, big whoop.

Expo_Seeker40

I think it's because WDW was supposed to get the HBG if not for the effect failing and it's copy was cancelled or scrapped.

WDW sells quite a bit of HBG merch.

It's historic to Disneyland because of the rumors if it ever existed or not pre internet findings to it being a piece of interest at WDW because it is something that was supposed to have been duplicated.

Now that the effect works, why not finally make a duplicate for WDW?

Skippy

It's not really a long history and that history kind of ends with both figures being lost. It only recently really became an obsession, as people trying to prove their credibility by all knowing the same "trivia."
Long because the story beings with his presence on opening day 45 years ago. Ridiculous for exactly the reasons you described :)

George Lucas on a Bench

WDW's version of Haunted never had the Hatbox Ghost. But regardless of whether it actually had it, that version should get the Man in Web!

9bdw78.jpg

This dude is WDW's closest equivalent to the HBG.

Skippy

And part of that story would be the duplicate building of ride elements for Florida.
True. But if the argument for wanting HBG in Florida is "the ride is supposed to be a copy of Disneyland's" ('HBG would have been duplicated', 'part of that story would be the duplicate building of ride elements', 'was supposed to have been duplicated') we will have to agree to disagree in terms of end goals. :)

I see your side. If it works now, why not finish the original plan. Your view is 'Who cares if it isn't DL exclusive' and mine is 'Who cares that it's not in WDW'.

WDW's version of Haunted never had the Hatbox Ghost. But regardless of whether it actually had it, that version should get the Man in Web!

Absolutely!

mouse_luv

9bdw78.jpg

There's no legit proof that he ever existed. (And if he did he was at a loading dock) Also, the story behind him/the prop would be considered too scary for a Disney attraction. They removed the spider web room for this same reason. So give up on that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom