Hatbox Ghost is Disney World?

180º

Oh my gosh. As you said, the WDW Space Mountain queue does not have a single set peice. I was talking about theme when I said elaborate. You need sets and effects to have theme. It was better themed before the last update because you were exposed to the planetarium, with shooting stars and flying chocolate chip cookies asteroids. The current enclosure was meant to be themed, but they ran over budget (thank you, Meg) and didn't have any money left to finish it, so they just finished enclosing it, slapped on some pain, and installed lights with the money they had left. Tacky.
I mean no disrespect. And sorry–I added something to my post after you replied. Hope this helps:

EDIT: I'd also like to clarify that I do agree with you when it comes to Space Mountain. However, we cannot assume someone is ignorant if they feel that WDW's rickety, differently-laid-out track has more character, that no onboard score is more traditional and therefore better, or that the larger dome makes for a more impressive ride. They are interpreting the facts correctly and just forming a different opinion. The person would be ignorant if they did not accept the facts, for example, that Disneyland has a much new, recently-replaced ride system, etc. If they do accept that fact but choose not to regard it as highly as I do, there's nothing I can do.

So once again, different judgment ≠ ignorance, as long as that person acknowledges the facts.

And to relate this back to the HBG, I'd say the same principle holds true for whether anyone would want him at WDW or not. Me, I'm neutral on that one.

SpaceMountain75

I think DL's Splash Mountain looks great. I just rode it a couple days ago and everything was looking fresh, and all the animatronics were working.

Progress.City

I mean no disrespect. And sorry–I added something to my post after you replied. Hope this helps:

And to relate this back to the HBG, I'd say the same principle holds true for whether anyone would want him at WDW or not. Me, I'm neutral on that one.
It's almost as if TDA has this desire to make sure that certain rides will always be better than the MK versions, so they constantly ask for budgets to improve them, even though they are already better than their MK counterparts. They always get these budgets because TDO simply doesn't care and the money TDO isn't spending can help pay for the improvements TDA keeps reequesting.

iheartdisney91

No it's not. They get all the ride updates and we never do!

Why are so many Floridians willing to settle for mediocrity?

WDW should have nothing but the best.

All I was saying was that... Hatty is an original to DL... I believe they only had him for... What? 3 days after opening day? Then he went missing for 45 years.

If they chose to keep him strictly to DL I would understand. Yes I'd be sad... But I would understand their reasoning.

Progress.City

I don't think you know what the word "fact" means. What you have stated cannot be a fact.
This conversation has dragged on for too many days that I've forgotten what the point was and I'm too lazy to go back and read it all again, but I'm sure I was mixing facts and opinions together in one big intertwined pot, where you see facts and you see my opinion based on those facts.

Progress.City

All I was saying was that... Hatty is an original to DL... I believe they only had him for... What? 3 days after opening day? Then he went missing for 45 years.

If they chose to keep him strictly to DL I would understand. Yes I'd be sad... But I would understand their reasoning.
I'm just tired of them getting everything first, while our Magic Kingdom has great unused potential. That's all I'm saying! Just look at TDL. Our MK could be like that, but we are even behind them and we're domestic even. Ugh!

lazyboy97o

There is nothing to suggest that the original figure was intended to be exclusive to Disneyland.

iheartdisney91

There is nothing to suggest that the original figure was intended to be exclusive to Disneyland.

I didn't say that.

WDW never had him

DL did have him...
Which is where his story and history began. That's all

To clear this up, YES I would love to see him in WDW... But if they chose to keep him as a DL thing then so be it.

Rasvar

I'm sure he'll come over to this coast. Even though he is originally from DL, his role in merchandising and general Haunted Mansion lore is undeniably popular. And given his response this morning, they know people will freak out at WDW too. I hope he does come to our turf ASAP!

I wouldn't expect any movement on that until after the 60th Anniversary year is completed.

Skippy

However, we cannot assume someone is ignorant if they feel that WDW's rickety, differently-laid-out track has more character, that no onboard score is more traditional and therefore better, or that the larger dome makes for a more impressive ride. They are interpreting the facts correctly and just forming a different opinion. The person would be ignorant if they did not accept the facts, for example, that Disneyland has a much new, recently-replaced ride system, etc. If they do accept that fact but choose not to regard it as highly as I do, there's nothing I can do.
Put me down as one of those people. Loved the smoothness and start of the ride over the lift hill at wdw, but the vertical drops at wdw beat the fast curves at dlr, personally.

Disneyland is wonderful in it's own weird little way. So is Walt Disney World, in a much larger way.
As cliche as it is, my main takeaway was Disneyland is charming, and Disney World is grand.

Sped2424

While I would like to see Hatbox..I myself would also like to see some new portraits for the loading area...Like this one for example...Simply amazing...And also Terrifying...

New portraits would be cool. But her art style doesn't compliment the mansions. But I would love for updated portrait effects, in fact I would rather them change the lightning effect portraits from 2007 in favor of something more original to our mansion. Like the old eyes that used to watch you.

Cmdr_Crimson

New portraits would be cool. But her art style doesn't compliment the mansions. But I would love for updated portrait effects, in fact I would rather them change the lightning effect portraits from 2007 in favor of something more original to our mansion. Like the old eyes that used to watch you.

In a way it has a similarity to a portrait Marc Davis did but, was not used called April-December..
april.jpg

Bairstow

While I would like to see Hatbox..I myself would also like to see some new portraits for the loading area...Like this one for example...Simply amazing...And also Terrifying...

Like Sped said, the Mansion is such a work of art that to diverge too far from the Davis/Coats concepts is to lose a lot of what makes the attraction so special.

Interesting, videos, though.
I presume their intended for use in DIY haunted houses, with flatscreen TVs mounted as mock portraits?

Forbidden Journey uses that technique extensively in the queue, with mild paint work on top of the screens to give them the appearance and visual texture of painted canvasses.

Something makes me suspect these videos are actually leaked improperly to Youtube- they seem like the kind of thing that would commercially available in the professional haunt market, for a licensing price.

cheezbat

The Hatbox ghost is a Disneyland legend, but a great addition to the ride. I thought his placement really helped that corner of the ride, which I always felt was kind of a dead zone. I'd like to see him added to our Mansion as well.

FigmentJedi

Oh my gosh. As you said, the WDW Space Mountain queue does not have a single set peice. I was talking about theme when I said elaborate. You need sets and effects to have theme. It was better themed before the last update because you were exposed to the planetarium, with shooting stars and flying chocolate chip cookies asteroids. The current enclosure was meant to be themed, but they ran over budget (thank you, Meg) and didn't have enough money left to finish it (as originally planned), so they just finished enclosing it, slapped on some paint, and installed lights with the money they had left. Tacky.
WDW's Space still excels at atmosphere. It eases you into a dreamy space with the dark lights, the old space dioramas and Hubble photos and that gorgeous music. DL just kinda abruptly dumps you from day into the darkened indoor space.
Agreed on how much the closed roof sucks though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom