Hatbox Ghost is Disney World?

Princess Leia

It's a shame as Epcot has had more "Park Only" Characters than any of the Disney theme parks put together....
epcotcharacters_zpsbd2xhont.jpg
Who's the military looking man on the left?

999th Happy Haunt

Orange bird, Country Bears, Skippy, S.I.R, and Sonny Eclipse are MK originals

Timekeeper & Nine-Eye is a DLP Original

Ghosts, pirates, tikis, trader sam, Skippers, headhunters and the citizens of Main street are all originals from Disneyland....

I was thinking that "park-only characters were characters not found in movies or any other media than theme parks. If we're talking about characters created specifically only for one park then yes, Epcot has the most. But if we're talking Disney parks exclusive characters, then mk has the most.

George Lucas on a Bench

I've been championing the Disneyland Mansion for years, but most people seem to side with the Magic Kingdom version. I prefer DL's house, walking in the front door without that awful interactive queue, no wacky sound effects in the stretching room, changing portrait hallway and limbo loading area, no silly staircase scene (which I never liked--I'm one of the few that preferred the spiderwebs to what rather unfortunately resembles the moving stairs in Hogwarts), original audio in the corridor of doors and graveyard mostly intact, the ghouls swooping in through the ballroom windows rather than slowly rotating, which looks silly, superior pop-ups and blast-up in the graveyard, the Hatbox Ghost scene which is mostly pretty cool aside from his googly eyes which don't nail the look of the original, faces on the trees as you descend into the graveyard, classic hitchhiking ghosts instead of cartoons that are inferior to CGI in the 1995 Casper film, and the ghostess after the ride as you ascend out of the crypt.

mouse_luv

I've been championing the Disneyland Mansion for years, but most people seem to side with the Magic Kingdom version. I prefer DL's house, walking in the front door without that awful interactive queue, no wacky sound effects in the stretching room, changing portrait hallway and limbo loading area, no silly staircase scene (which I never liked--I'm one of the few that preferred the spiderwebs to what rather unfortunately resembles the moving stairs in Hogwarts), original audio in the corridor of doors and graveyard mostly intact, the ghouls swooping in through the ballroom windows rather than slowly rotating, which looks silly, superior pop-ups and blast-up in the graveyard, the Hatbox Ghost scene which is mostly pretty cool aside from his googly eyes which don't nail the look of the original, faces on the trees as you descend into the graveyard, classic hitchhiking ghosts instead of cartoons that are inferior to CGI in the 1995 Casper film, and the ghostess after the ride as you ascend out of the crypt.

First of all, at WDW we had a non interactive amazing queue, but thank FP plus for screwing that up, which you don't have to deal with in DL. The hitchhiking ghosts went downhill since 2007, and lastly, we do have the ghostess or mini Leota when you are leaving.

HMF

First of all, at WDW we had a non interactive amazing queue, but thank FP plus for screwing that up, which you don't have to deal with in DL. The hitchhiking ghosts went downhill since 2007, and lastly, we do have the ghostess or mini Leota when you are leaving.
I will agree that originally the WDW Mansion was superior to DL and was left to rot for years while DL got frequent updates. The WDW Mansion was the superior version again after the 2007 refurb and remained that way until 2011 when the god-awful interactive queue and animated hitchhikers screwed it up. DL getting the Hatbox Ghost solidified it as the superior version for the time being.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
First of all, at WDW we had a non interactive amazing queue, but thank FP plus for screwing that up, which you don't have to deal with in DL.
The DL HM queue, on a crowded day, is brutal. Just brutal. I will give it high marks, however, for recreating a '50's-style amusement ride queue where there's nothing to see but the backs of the people in front of you.

Dizney Crew

I think the stand by queue on HM is pretty cool, at least my 4 yr old enjoys it, don't see whats so annoying about it, its better then what they had before which was basically nothing.

HMF

I am hoping that it will be removed in the near future and it might considering that most of the Interactive Queue Projects were cancelled after MDE went over-budget, It's biggest proponent Tom Staggs was kicked out of the Company and it simply has not aged well.

Buried20KLeague

WDW's was very different originally, it was much more psychedelic and loaded with black lights. The difference between the 2 Haunted Mansions was like the difference between DL's Submarine ride and WDW's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea... one was based in reality the other was fantasy, or more being inside the "boundless realm of the supernatural" than an actual house. Today the Florida on has been "downgraded" in my opinion to be more the the DL version, which has less effects than the WDW did originally, but Tokyo Disneyland still has some of the original stuff... like the black lights in some places like the library

this is the WDW Library today
7252190938_3dc73c647c_b.jpg

and this is how it looks in Tokyo with the black-lights, and how it originally looked in WDW
Tokyo-Disneyland-Spring-2013-0327-640x427.jpg

and at 2:55 in this video you can see the green lights, smoke machines and monster fingers that used to be on a few of the doors in WDW

Ever since seeing it in person, it infuriates me that they don't have the walking book in the WDW library.

Also in the hallway of doors... the pic that has the face pushing out from behind it.

Both FANTASIC effects, and cheap. Yet WDW doesn't do it.

HMF

Ever since seeing it in person, it infuriates me that they don't have the walking book in the WDW library.

Also in the hallway of doors... the pic that has the face pushing out from behind it.

Both FANTASIC effects, and cheap. Yet WDW doesn't do it.
Well, they are two of the only things that distinguish it from the WDW version. (besides the fact that TDL has yet to get the 2007 or god forbid 2011 updates.)

Seabasealpha1

WDW's was very different originally, it was much more psychedelic and loaded with black lights. The difference between the 2 Haunted Mansions was like the difference between DL's Submarine ride and WDW's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea... one was based in reality the other was fantasy, or more being inside the "boundless realm of the supernatural" than an actual house. Today the Florida on has been "downgraded" in my opinion to be more the the DL version, which has less effects than the WDW did originally, but Tokyo Disneyland still has some of the original stuff... like the black lights in some places like the library

this is the WDW Library today
7252190938_3dc73c647c_b.jpg

and this is how it looks in Tokyo with the black-lights, and how it originally looked in WDW
Tokyo-Disneyland-Spring-2013-0327-640x427.jpg

and at 2:55 in this video you can see the green lights, smoke machines and monster fingers that used to be on a few of the doors in WDW

I dunno...in the video the black lights kinda blow some of these scenes...it seems to have a bit too much of a "carny" look to it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom