Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

Earl Sweatpants

True- but that is a separate decision/reaction. We are only talking about the reaction to the paid event vs whatever other option they would do for the final day/hours.
Gotcha.

They could just have had the same event...but for free. Access on a first-come first-serve basis until they hit a certain number of guests.

But let's face it...Disney is a notorious up-charger. Just look at their $35 "premium" parking idea.

GiveMeTheMusic

The key phrase in my comment; 'in Disney-nomics'. :D

I dunno - even by Disneynomic standards this is kind of ridiculous. Halloween party tickets are less than that on most nights (not all) and include candy, a special parade, fireworks show, character appearances and several attractions. I think that THEY think the value in this event is solely in the timing - riding TOT on its last night.

I'm sure that's worthwhile to someone, but not me!

Earl Sweatpants

I dunno - even by Disneynomic standards this is kind of ridiculous. Halloween party tickets are less than that on most nights (not all) and include candy, a special parade, fireworks show, character appearances and several attractions. I think that THEY think the value in this event is solely in the timing - riding TOT on its last night.

You're essentially paying for bragging rights. Not worth it to me either.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

It is a one time only event. This will always mean the price will be high. Not worth it to me...but I am sure it will be to others...so they will easily fill a one-night event.

SSG

Oh yeah, that is the main value; the exclusivity. If there was one Halloween party at DLR I shudder to think what it would cost.

Curious Constance

Don't misunderstand me...I agree with you on the financial terms...but this event still feels like a slap in the face. Like someone at Disney thought, "How can we give guests one final chance to ride the Tower before we butcher it to death? I know, we'll throw a dessert party! Brilliant! And better yet, we'll charge $150 a pop and really up its notoriety by making it after-hours...its a can't miss!"
You keep saying $150, but it's $95

SSG

Do you get to go in the park on other rides for 3 hours? That's some value.
The article says:

· Event ticket provides admission to a limited section of Disney California Adventure Park.

· Event check-in begins at 8:00 PM at the Esplanade.

· Guests may enter Disney California Adventure Park beginning at 10:00 PM.

Sounds like just the area around the Tower.

D

Deleted member 107043

I like this discussion because it illustrates perfectly what I say all the time about there being different levels of fandom, even within Disney. This event seems like a ripoff to some here, which is fair, but I bet there's a gang of people who will be excited to attend. If you're going point fingers at Disney for milking it then the people who purchase tickets are equally guilty for coughing up money to play along. Disney isn't forcing them to pay $95 to dress up in vintage clothing, eat cupcakes, and ride Tower of Terror for 3 hours.

Rich T

I like this discussion because it illustrates perfectly what I say all the time about there being different levels of fandom, even within Disney. This event seems like a ripoff to some here, which is fair, but I bet there's a gang of people who will be excited to attend. If you're going point fingers at Disney for milking it then the people who purchase tickets are equally guilty for coughing up money to play along. Disney isn't forcing them to pay $95 to dress up in vintage clothing, eat cupcakes, and ride Tower of Terror for 3 hours.
I think every Disneyland fan has some Holy Grail they'd pay for. I would pay five hundred dollars for a one-time after-hours track walk of every dark ride in the park. With unlimited cupcakes.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

I would pay

I think every Disneyland fan has some Holy Grail they'd pay for. I would pay five hundred dollars for a one-time after-hours track walk of every dark ride in the park. With unlimited cupcakes.

Or you could just become an attractions CM and do it for free. LOL.

The free, AP-only events have been better than this.

yookeroo

Right. For me it's a bit of a ripoff, but people are willing to pay for it. Who am I to tell them they're being ripped off. It's not like Disney is pulling off some bait-and-switch here. As long as Disney sells lots of tickets to events like these, they're going to keep slapping faces. Can't say I blame them. Blame the people paying for these events.

Rich T

Or you could just become an attractions CM and do it for free. LOL.

The free, AP-only events have been better than this.
I agree, but now APs are beyond my budget and I can only visit once a year or so. I added the cupcakes so I could stuff a duffle bag with them if my hypothetical track-walk was a let-down :D.

There are many careers out there I'd pay money to satisfy my curiosity about with a behind-the-scenes tour. I'll never be a park cast member (or an AP holder anymore at this rate), and I'd love to track-walk through the attractions that have been such an enjoyable part of my life. :)

Californian Elitist

I agree, but now APs are beyond my budget and I can only visit once a year or so. I added the cupcakes so I could stuff a duffle bag with them if my hypothetical track-walk was a let-down :D.

There are many careers out there I'd pay money to satisfy my curiosity about with a behind-the-scenes tour. I'll never be a park cast member (or an AP holder anymore at this rate), and I'd love to track-walk through the attractions that have been such an enjoyable part of my life. :)

Well, walking through turned off attractions will definitely change the way you experience them. Riding the Fantastyland rides has never been the same for me.

Phroobar

I remember being evacuated from Pinocchio. As we walked into the toy shop at the end of the ride, a rubber head Geppetto was sitting in the chair having an impromptu meet and greet with people leaving the ride. The evacuating CM was not pleased.

Rich T

Well, walking through turned off attractions will definitely change the way you experience them. Riding the Fantastyland rides has never been the same for me.
The biggest shock (in a startling but cool way) for me was during a Splash Mtn. evac when we exited out the swamp and I saw the "back" of the Mtn. for the first time. I suddenly realized what's probably the first rule of Imagineering: "We don't build what you're not gonna see." :D

mickEblu

The biggest shock (in a startling but cool way) for me was during a Splash Mtn. evac when we exited out the swamp and I saw the "back" of the Mtn. for the first time. I suddenly realized what's probably the first rule of Imagineering: "We don't build what you're not gonna see." :D

When taking the tram from Mickey and Friends, if you keep an eye out for the Splash Mountain show building you can see where the themed part of the "mountain" meets the show building in the back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom