Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

Californian Elitist

The biggest shock (in a startling but cool way) for me was during a Splash Mtn. evac when we exited out the swamp and I saw the "back" of the Mtn. for the first time. I suddenly realized what's probably the first rule of Imagineering: "We don't build what you're not gonna see." :D

Hahaha I bet!

My co-worker and I had to evacuate Peter Pan one time, and I remember getting to the Never Land scene to get the guests out, and this one man shouted "The magic is ruined!" Couldn't stop laughing at that comment.

The next time you're on Pinocchio, right as you're entering Stromboli's cage, look down to your right-hand corner and you'll see one of the original puppets used for the ride when it first opened in 1983. Just a warning, it's TERRIFYING (I have a legit fear of puppets, vantriloquy dolls, human-sized dolls, clowns, and the like), but it's definitely interesting.

Last edited:

Brad Bishop

The biggest shock (in a startling but cool way) for me was during a Splash Mtn. evac when we exited out the swamp and I saw the "back" of the Mtn. for the first time. I suddenly realized what's probably the first rule of Imagineering: "We don't build what you're not gonna see." :D

If you look at it from Google earth and then think about it, it's a pretty amazing multi-tiered ride. The other thing that's neat is that you really don't see Splash Mountain from the back.. I think someone mentioned that if you're coming in on Florida Way and look at the right moment that you'll see it but it's pretty rare that regular visitors would do/see it.

I've always liked that Space Mountain was "complete" in that regard and, at the same time, was a bit let down that Everest isn't the same (Western Way).

I've been tempted to do the back-stage tours but really don't want to kill the "magic" for myself.

Rich T

Hahaha I bet!

The next time you're on Pinocchio, right as you're entering Stromboli's cage, look down to your right-hand corner and you'll see one of the original puppets used for the ride when it first opened in 1983. Just a warning, it's TERRIFYING (I have a legit fear of puppets, vantriloquy dolls, human-sized dolls, clowns, and the like), but it's definitely interesting.

Terrifying lost puppet on Pinocchio? Cool!!! It's now on my "To Do" list! :D

Last edited:

Rich T

If you look at it from Google earth and then think about it, it's a pretty amazing multi-tiered ride. The other thing that's neat is that you really don't see Splash Mountain from the back.. I think someone mentioned that if you're coming in on Florida Way and look at the right moment that you'll see it but it's pretty rare that regular visitors would do/see it.

I'm still recovering from the Google Earth view of Cars Land, and finding out the two huge centerpiece rock formations (Willie's Butte and Radiator Cap) have no tops :D

Californian Elitist

I've been walked through the Matterhorn and been "pushed" through Space Mountain with all the lights on. Both were cool experiences.

I've ridden Space Mountain with the lights off... The ride was still fun, but the experience as a whole was soooo different, and not in a good way.

Matterhorn has a lot of tight spaces. Glad I never trained for that ride.

Stevek

I've ridden Space Mountain with the lights off... The ride was still fun, but the experience as a whole was soooo different, and not in a good way.

Matterhorn has a lot of tight spaces. Glad I never trained for that ride.

I would not have wanted to do the actual ride experience for SM with the lights on. We had an issue where we all stopped at brake stations and the CM's had to physically push us, closest brake station to the end first, and then we pretty much free sailed all the way to the end.

Antaundra

Hahaha I bet!

My co-worker and I had to evacuate Peter Pan one time, and I remember getting to the Never Land scene to get the guests out, and this one man shouted "The magic is ruined!" Couldn't stop laughing at that comment.

I've always wondered how do they evacuate from Peter Pan? There doesn't look like there's anyway out of your boat especially over London/Neverland.

mickEblu

The other thing that's neat is that you really don't see Splash Mountain from the back.. I think someone mentioned that if you're coming in on Florida Way and look at the right moment that you'll see it but it's pretty rare that regular visitors would do/see it.

Yeah I said that. It's definitely not easy to spot. You have to be looking for it. No casual guest would ever notice it.

EDIT: wait Florida way? Are you talking about the MK version?

Last edited:

Brad Bishop

If there are boats in the air, the fire department is called. Same goes for people in vehicles are on the vine on Alice in Wonderland.

Peter Pan:
Really? I'd think that they'd just push you to the next "stop".. If you pay attention there are several evacuation points along the ride in Peter Pan. I may be thinking of the MK version, though. There are stops/stairs in that one.

Alice in Wonderland:
I'm assuming you're talking about the part of the ride where it goes out the 2nd story and winds it's way around over the loading area? It seems like that would be just getting out and walking down. I don't understand why you'd need the fire dept there.

Last edited:

Brad Bishop

Yeah I said that. It's definitely not easy to spot. You have to be looking for it. No casual guest would ever notice it.

EDIT: wait Florida way? Are you talking about the MK version?

Yep. Sorry. I was thinking of MK. I wasn't paying attention to which section I was in.

Californian Elitist

Peter Pan:
Really? I'd think that they'd just push you to the next "stop".. If you pay attention there are several evacuation points along the ride in Peter Pan. I may be thinking of the MK version, though. There are stops/stairs in that one.

Alice in Wonderland:
I'm assuming you're talking about the part of the ride where it goes out the 2nd story and winds it's way around over the loading area? It seems like that would be just getting out and walking down. I don't understand why you'd need the fire dept there.

No, there's no way of pushing the boats, or any of the ride vehicles of the Fantasyland dark rides.

Disneyland is all about keeping guests and CMs safe. Yeah, most people wouldn't have a problem walking down from the vine, but one is not on solid ground. There's a ledge, and Disney would rather be safe than sorry.

The three rides I always prayed for there never to break down were Pan, Alice, and Casey. The evacuation processes for those rides were hell.

drizgirl

LOL Screw the cupcakes!

The Indiana Jones 20th anniversary party Disneyland put on was really neat. The Dixie party was really cool as well, and both were free.

Also, I refuse to take part in celebrating the closure of this ride to make way for Guardians of the Galaxy. Even if this event were free, I wouldn't attend.

I have a hard time getting excited with any event tied to the closing of a popular attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom