1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-Trip Good thing I like warm hugs...because it's going to be hot between all those people!

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Reports' started by mlegerto, Apr 26, 2017.

1. DisneyBound2017

DisneyBound2017 Well-Known Member

As Max said, Norway and Mexico open with the park opening, not with World Showcase. The strategy I've seen the most is to rope drop either Soarin or FEA, have a fast pass for the other one, and do the single rider line on TT.

amjt660 and LisaBelle like this.
  2. amjt660

amjt660 Well-Known Member

I do not like the single rider at TT because you skip the design portion.

Is there a way to design a car in the after ride showroom and then use it in the single rider line?

Max

LisaBelle likes this.
  3. TheMouseFan

TheMouseFan Well-Known Member

Yes, they have a whole bank of computers in the after ride area! You take as long as you want to design your car and save it to your band, then go get in the single rider line.

bee, LisaBelle and amjt660 like this.
  4. amjt660

Based on this info I would do single rider again!!
    Thanks @TheMouseFan
    I find the new version of the ride to be boring up until you go outside.
    I might be in a minority but I liked the campy feel of the original and I wish they had kept the video intro (updated of course) and add the vehicle design portion.
    Just my two cents
    Max

bee, LisaBelle and TheMouseFan like this.
  5. mlegerto

mlegerto Well-Known Member Original Poster

Oh wow, I didn't realize that they opened FEA at the same time as Future World...that does change things then. We do have two days at EPCOT, so I will probably just split up Sorin and FEA and use Fastpasses....I was just trying to get the most out of each visit to each park if possible. Thanks for the info Max!

Booo...I saw that there wasn't anything going on for July 4th (dessert party). I hope this isn't true for our visit, but if it is it is. Thanks for the info!

Yes, I was trying to avoid the single riders line at TT because of the design your own car portion, but being able to design a car then get into line does change my opinion on it. Thanks for the information and suggestion!

LisaBelle likes this.
  6. mlegerto

OKAY GUYS....so 179 days till our trip. You know what that means....yesterday was ADR day! They have also released park hours for our trip - I know these can still change between now and then.

We were pretty lucky as we got every reservation we wanted with the exception of one (we couldn't get Garden Grill breakfast on December 28th, the only AM we will be at EPCOT), but I cannot complain! Here's what we have booked;

December 26, 2017
    5:25 pm - Ohana' Dinner
    Go to MK after to watch Happily Ever After

December 27, 2017
    MK - AM
    HS - PM
    5:30 pm - Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Dinner
    Fantasmic

December 28, 2017
    EP - AM
    XXX - Garden Grill (will continue to try and get a breakfast reservation)
    AK - PM
    5:00 pm - Tiffins Dinner (upgrade to the ROL dining package when they announce the next dates)

December 29, 2017
    No park day
    10:05 am - Kona Cafe Breakfast
    7:30 pm - Chef Arts Smith's Homecomin' Dinner
    Possibly 10:30 pm Yehaa Bob Jackson Show

December 30, 2017
    MK
    2:25 pm - Be Our Guest Lunch
    6:30 / 11:50 pm Fireworks

December 31, 2017
    EP
    1:45 pm - Via Napoli Lunch
    11:40 NYE Countdown

January 1, 2018
    No park day
    12:10 pm - Afternoon Tea at the Garden Tea Room
    6:45 pm - Yatchsman Steakhouse Dinner
    11:00 pm - Beaches n Cream Dessert

January 2, 2018
    Move to Universal Studios Resort

7. DisneyBound2017

We may cross paths on the morning of the 27th :)

8. amjt660

Plan looks great!!

Max

LisaBelle likes this.
  9. bee

bee Well-Known Member

A few suggestions based on what we like:

Drinks: VIKING COFFEE!

Drinks: Tipsy Ducks in Love

(The above two are both for coffee lovers :D)

Drinks: Check out the Weinkeller! I know it seems strange to choose wine over beer in Germany but you might find something you like in one of the flights.
    Snacks: Nudel Gratin

Snacks: If you're already at TG you might as well get one of the samplers. If you're an olive lover you can get one that includes olives or just get an a la carte order (we love them so much we have done this before!).

Cronut totally counts.

Drinks: Wine flight in the wine shop!

gdisneyfans and LisaBelle like this.
  10. RedNoseMickey

RedNoseMickey Well-Known Member

I second the Viking Coffee! You can get it at the bakery and it is my favorite drink at EPCOT. I haven't tried Tipsy Ducks in Love, I will add it my list for next time, thanks for the suggestion @bee .

mlegerto, LisaBelle and bee like this.
  11. bee

bee Well-Known Member

You're welcome! If you like bourbon, coffee, and/or chocolate you'll like Tipsy Ducks. :p

12. mlegerto

Thank you for your suggestions! They've all been added to the list. I am not a coffee lover at all (can't stand the stuff), but hubby certianly is so he will appreciate those items very much!

LisaBelle and bee like this.
  13. mlegerto

Updated dining....

I was able to grab a breakfast reservation at 9:05 am at Garden Grill on December 28th like I was hoping for! This means that we successfully booked every dining reservation on the date/time we hoped to for this trip - something I wasn't anticipating happening due to the busy time of year, but I'll take it! ;)

14. mlegerto

So if you've read my honeymoon TR, you will know that I unfortunately suffer from motion sickness. It's something that I have developed in the last few years - Ryan keeps reminding me that I'm getting old and that's whats caused it ;).

I absolutely love rides still, but I do pay the price afterwards. I am a bit worried about our visit to Universal because I know a lot of the rides are more intense thrills rides OR screen/simulator type rides. Last time we were at Universal I was sick all over myself on the Simpsons ride (Yep, yours truly had to buy and wear theme park clothes all day LOL) and the mummy I had to run to find a bathroom right after.

Long story short....what are your best remedies to combat motion sickness on rides? I've tried gravel and ginger, neither helped. I've also tried the timing of meals (not to close to riding, but not to far either).

HELP ME! LOL

amjt660 and LisaBelle like this.
  15. DisneyBound2017

I'm new here (obviously) and never visited the parks before so I don't know the ropes. I just learned yesterday that there is a whole underbelly of the internet on Facebook where you can trade ADRs with people and grab ADRs for people going later than you if your trips overlap. I immediately thought of you and how I could have potentially grabbed this for you when my ADRs opened up.

It doesn't seem completely above the board though, so I'm both regretful and relieved I didn't know about it :hilarious::hilarious:. I'm SO glad you were able to snag this reservation on your own though!

mlegerto and LisaBelle like this.
  16. amjt660

T swears by taking sour candy after
    She says it reduces the saliva in you mouth and helps the wooziness

After forbidden journey and dragon challenge I consumed a lot of sour candy from Honeydukes

But you already know this story!!!!

Max

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    *Flynnderella* likes this.
  17. mlegerto

Haha...yes I was thinking this sounds rather familiar haha

18. drcasey

drcasey Active Member

I have horrible motion sickness too! But I take half of a Dramamine about 20 min before I start riding anything that may make me sick and I have no problems. It's a miracle drug. It can make some people drowsy (there is a non drowsy version but it doesn't work at all in my experience) but if you drink some caffeine with it it's not bad! There is no way I'd be able to ride anything at universal without it. If the half doesn't do the trick, you can take the other half!

19. ScarletBegonias

ScarletBegonias Well-Known Member

I don't even get Motion Sickness and the Harry Potter rides made me about half ill from the screens! Having that would be so awful. I agree with PP. Try Dramamine!

20. mlegerto

Thanks for the tips! I will most certianly try dramamine on this trip and report back on how it worked! It is truly awful having motion sickness like this. I think the worst part is that I actually still love rides, so I do them....but then I pay the price LOL! It's just something that came on out of no where....never really experienced this as a child or teen. Guess I really am getting old o_O

amjt660 likes this.