1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-Trip Good thing I like warm hugs...because it's going to be hot between all those people!

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Reports' started by mlegerto, Apr 26, 2017.

1. DisneyBound2017

DisneyBound2017 Well-Known Member

United is great when everything goes right, and it does a lot of the time! Their customer service is awful when you have a delay or cancellation. But at least they don't randomly change the time of your flight the night before like American does :rolleyes::mad:

littleroo likes this.
  2. mlegerto

mlegerto Well-Known Member Original Poster

That's awesome! Hopefully we run into one another.

I would LOVE to have been able to move our trip up a few days, but since it's just hubby and I going down we couldn't miss Christmas with the family (it's a die hard rule in our family). I was shocked at the prices Southwest released...I don't think I've ever seen them that high before - again, peak travel season, but we've done it before and it wasn't that much.

I hope you enjoy your trip!!

littleroo likes this.
  3. mlegerto

Yikes! I pray that none of that happens to us. However, as you said it could happen on any airline (obviously HOW a situation is dealt with differs between companies though).

Starting your trip at the "right time" is always important to me - I don't want to arrive to my destination at 7 am when nothing is open yet/ very very very small chance of the room being ready and I don't want to arrive at 7 pm when the day is practically over and was a bit of a waste (unless I am flying after work or something, but not when we already have the full day off), so that's a big part of why we booked with United.

Hope you guys find some flights soon! I'll keep myself updated in your PTR!

I think all airlines are pretty good when everything goes right....I'm just hoping that we're in a good situation for things to go our way - first flight of the day, short distance flights, minimal layover....etc. Here's hoping !

littleroo likes this.
  4. mlegerto

Advice Needed...

As previously mentioned, we are hoping to spend NYE doing the World Showcase and drinking/eating our way through it!

Soo...if you were to have 1 drink and 1 treat/snack/food items from each country, what would they be?

littleroo likes this.
  5. ajrwdwgirl

ajrwdwgirl Well-Known Member

I will offer but a few suggestions:

Mexico: cheese empanadas from the quick service and an avocado margarita

France: Grand Marnier Slush and a duo au chocolat from the Patisserie

Germany: a pretzel and a beer

6. mlegerto

Hello everyone following along.

Just wanted to give a heads up that I will be taking a few days away from my PTR and responding to all of your TR's. Sadly, we lost my Grampy yesterday after a long battle with pulmonary fibrosis. He went peacefully surrounded by family and loved ones. I am going to miss him terribly as he was a huge part of my life, but I am so relieved that he is no longer in pain (as this disease makes it incredibly difficult to breathe, with the feeling of drowning with every breath).

I was going through fond memories with him and came across a few photos I wanted to share (basically just a form of therapy for me at the moment).

My baptism

[​IMG]

One of our trips to WDW. I THINK this was Ohana's before a renovation
    [​IMG]

One of our trips to WDW. Renting bikes at Caribbean Beach

[​IMG]

One of our trips to WDW. I think these were flowers within a parade at Magic Kingdom

[​IMG]

Most recently at my wedding - which I am so grateful he was able to attend (he had a heart attack the week before)

[​IMG]

I know you will all send your prayers, so thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

• 8.JPG
      8.JPG
      File size:
      32.8 KB
      Views:
    • 19.JPG
      19.JPG
      File size:
      56.2 KB
      Views:
    • 35.JPG
      35.JPG
      File size:
      66.7 KB
      Views:
    • 36.JPG
      36.JPG
      File size:
      53.5 KB
      Views:
    • 82.jpg
      82.jpg
      File size:
      66.1 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  7. DisneyBound2017

DisneyBound2017 Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss :( I hope you and your family finds comfort in this difficult time. And to keep it Disney.... like Moana's grandmother said (paraphrased).... there's nowhere you can go where he will not be with you.

8. amjt660

amjt660 Well-Known Member

I am sorry for your loss and it seems that he might be in a better - pain free place now.

Take as much time as you need - we will all be here waiting when you return

Max

*Flynnderella* and littleroo like this.
  9. PacNWTigger

PacNWTigger Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Your grampy will always be with you in your heart and thoughts.

littleroo likes this.
  10. gdisneyfans

gdisneyfans Well-Known Member

:cry::cry::cry: So sorry for your loss and definitely sending thoughts and prayers. Thank you for sharing your photos of him with us.

littleroo likes this.
  11. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

So sorry for your loss, @mlegerto. Find comfort in your wonderful memories. :inlove:

littleroo likes this.
  12. sheriffwoody

sheriffwoody Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss :(

littleroo likes this.
  13. fractal

fractal Premium Member

So sorry for your loss.

Prayers sent.

littleroo likes this.
  14. LisaBelle

LisaBelle Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. Your pictures with your Grampy are wonderful. Keep the memories in your heart and he will always be close.

littleroo likes this.
  15. ScarletBegonias

ScarletBegonias Well-Known Member

So sorry for you loss. I lost my grandfather in February. It was heartbreaking.

littleroo likes this.
  16. littleroo

littleroo Well-Known Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!!!! Take care during this hard time!

17. mlegerto

Thank you everyone for the kind words, prayers and support. It's wonderful having such a community to support in times of need. It's been a trying week, but I have to get back to my regular schedule and what better way than to jump back on the boards!

Without further ado, let's get back to planning this wonderful Christmas trip!

Disney has just started releasing the park hours for our trip, so the plans I previously listed will change once the whole week is out.

Couple of questions for you all;

1. Does anyone know if there is a "scheduled end date" for the Star Wars fireworks at Hollywood Studios? I've quickly checked the December hours so far and they don't seem to be listed (but Fantasmic! is and HEA at MK).
    2. When will they release dates/times/prices for Magic Kingdom Dessert Party - we are hoping to do a dessert party on December 30th to see the NYE fireworks and as this will be in high demand, I will need to book it the day it comes out!
    3. I would love to do the Tiffins with ROL dining package, but right now they are only released until September. Any ides on when they will release new dates?

I still need suggestions on favorite drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and snacks at the World Showcase so I can compile my "Drinks Around the World" checklist (once I have this, I will post it for others to reference as well)! Thanks @ajrwdwgirl for getting us started! Here's what I've got so far (some suggestions and others from researching online)
    MEXICO
    Drink(s): Avocado/Jalapeno/Blood Orange Margarita
    Snack(s): Cheese Empanadas, Churritos

NORWAY
    Drink(s):
    Snack(s): School Bread

CHINA
    Drink(s): Tsing Tao Beer, Green Team Plum Slush
    Snack(s):

GERMANY
    Drink(s): Altenmunster Oktoberfest Beer, Schofferhofer Grapefrit Beer (Radler)
    Snack(s): Pretzel, Caramel Popcorn

ITALY
    Drink(s): Wine Flight (Tutto Gusto), Moretti La Rossa Beer
    Snack(s): Gelato (ice cream sandwich), Cannoli (Tutto Italia cart is often not open)

*someone once mentioned to me a really nice Rose' wine they had here, but I cannot recall the name...anyone know what I'm talking about?*

AMERICA
    Drink(s): Bell Oberon Beer
    Snack(s): S'mores Mousse Brownie (Liberty Inn)

*someone suggested not getting a snack in this pavilion, but instead going to the Refreshment Port to get a Cronut....would this still count as an "American Snack" on our checklist to you guys?

JAPAN
    Drink(s): Kirin Ichiban Beer, Sake
    Snack(s):

MOROCCO
    Drink(s):
    Snack(s):

FRANCE
    Drink(s): Grand Marnier Slush, Grey Goose Orange Slush (this one is a fav. of ours already!)
    Snack(s): Napoleon, Citron Tarte, Duo Au Chocolat, Ice Cream

UNITED KINGDOM
    Drink(s): Bumblebee Blend, Black and Tan Blend, Golden Fox Blend (Rose & Crown)
    Snack(s): Fish & Chips

CANADA
    Drink(s): La Fin Du Monde Beer
    Snack(s):

Please help me fill in any gaps, add your must have items AND let me know your thoughts on items I already have listed!

Within the next week I expect the park hours to be posted for the full length of our trip AND our ADR window opens next week so I will soon have some more exciting updates for you!

Here's where our countdown is as of today:
    Days until vacation: 189
    Days until Fastpass window: 127
    Days until Dining window: 7

18. blgauger

blgauger Well-Known Member

You already have all of my favorite snacks and drinks on there. :p

mlegerto likes this.
  19. mlegerto

On our Epcot day, the hours are posted at 8 - 9 am EMH then 9 - 10:30 regular park hours. I would like to somehow throughout the day ride Soarin', Test Track and Frozen Ever After and have breakfast at Garden Grill. Since we are visiting at Christmas (peak peak peak season) and Epcot has the tiered system for Fastpasses....I am trying to figure out how to do all of this with the minimum wait time.

Here's what I'm thinking...please let me know if you think this will work, if I am bonkers or if you have another suggestion that you think would work better!

Rope drop EMH at 8 am
    Head straight to Soarin' Around the World
    Then to Living with the Land
    Breakfast Reservation at Garden Grill (8:45/9:00 am?)
    Book a Fastpass for Test Track to be used at some point (not sure what the available time will be, probably after breakfast or later in the early afternoon)
    Go to World Showcase for opening and get in line for Frozen Ever After for opening

Question is....when do they allow you to begin lining up for World Showcase attractions? If WSC opens at 11 am, when would I need to be there to line up for Frozen?

gdisneyfans and amjt660 like this.
  20. amjt660

amjt660 Well-Known Member

Not sure about the FEA plan.
    When I was there in December FEA opened up early - same time as Future World.
    If you wait to line up until after breakfast you will be facing a long line ( think 90-120 min depending on how many times it has broken down so far)

That sounded negative but FEA did break down a lot on our last trip and everytime it breaks down Standby goes through the roof because the FP line gets longer.

C and I did it at rope drop - we came through the IG and rushed to Norway
    Our line was still a good 15-20 at that point.

Max

LisaBelle likes this.
  21. Doc Disney

Doc Disney Well-Known Member

If its anything like 4th of July there will not be a dessert party. They don't seem to do them for their special fireworks. California Grill will still have their Celebration at the Top dessert party though

LisaBelle likes this.