1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-Trip Good thing I like warm hugs...because it's going to be hot between all those people!

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Reports' started by mlegerto, Apr 26, 2017.

1. DisneyBound2017

DisneyBound2017 Well-Known Member

Dramamine is the only thing that helps my daughter with car sickness. We bought Sea Bands and they seems to work a little bit, but that might be a placebo effect.

2. mlegerto

mlegerto Well-Known Member Original Poster

I am praying that the Dramamine works for me like others have reported it working for them. I just want to ride the rides carefree again! TAKE ME BACK TO MY YOUTH LOL

DisneyBound2017 likes this.
  3. kaitertot5249

kaitertot5249 Well-Known Member

If you've never taken Dramamine before you might want to test it out before trying it in Disney. I know a few people who have had reactions to Dramamine or who get knocked out completely by it (both things that you don't want happening to you in Disney)! Even if you might not be able to test it's effectiveness when it comes to motion sickness but you can make sure that you are still able to function after taking it.

RedNoseMickey and bee like this.
  4. blgauger

blgauger Well-Known Member

My parents took Bovine when they went on a cruise and said it was wonderful. Someone recommended it to them and said it's great for motion sickness too. They loved it because it didn't have any of the nasty side effects that Drammamine does (i.e. Drowsiness)

RedNoseMickey likes this.
  5. mlegerto

mlegerto Well-Known Member Original Poster

That is a great suggestion...I actually didn't think about that at all and really should have as I can sometimes get an upset stomach when I try new medications! I will be sure to give this a try. Thanks!!!!

I have never even heard of Bovine...I will have to do a bit of research and see what it's all about! As the previous poster recommended, I am going to try Dramamine before our trip and see if I experience any side effect just so I don't have any issues when we are away. I will also look into this, especially if I have any side effects from the other.

Thanks guys! This is why Disney people are the

kaitertot5249 and RedNoseMickey like this.
  6. djpoore94

djpoore94 Active Member

I'm not sure how this approach would work with the motion sickness from rides, but when DH and I went on our first cruise we tried Dramamine ahead of time and discovered that it did make us really sleepy. While on the cruise we took the minimum dose each night before we went to bed. I had read that if you take it every day the anti-nausea effect will last over the course of the whole day. I'm not sure if it really worked or if we just didn't need it. On our second cruise we didn't need to take any at all :)