Gaston's Tavern

RSoxNo1

I've seen drunk idiots at MK too. It isn't that hard to sneak in a flask for the IASW drinking game :lol:

Last August we had a guy and a girl behind us on Splash Mountain. It took me half way through the ride to determine if the guy had autism or if he was drunk. He was drunk.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
i'm a potter freak along with some others, and i agree.
It's popular because it runs off its name, and its reputation in the book.
Disney movies don't have a "famous" drink in any of their movies. The only thing i can think of is those pastries Tiana and her father used to make.:shrug:

Beignet's?
It's not a made up food or anything. They are straight up New Orleans tradition.
Heck, head to Port Orleans French Quarter to try some half-decent versions of them for a snack credit.

DancingPhoenix

Butterbeer is just, fantastic. Now I couldn't drink that stuff anywhere OTHER than WWoHP but with the atomosphere, it was perfect.

While I won't go to Universal everytime I go down to WDW, it's ridiculous to be so naive to think that people don't do both. I always stay in a Disney hotel though, and just make a day trip over to IoA. There isn't actually that much to do at HP, besides ride the Forbidden Journey about 5 times then just drinking butterbeer and waiting an hour to go into a crowded shop with $100 robes and $40 wands. It's a one time thing, or at least one time for every 5 years.

Disney is good at keeping me coming back yearly at the least, and I don't think they need a "signature drink" to cement that. Personally I say get more diet stuff... being a type 1 diabetic in a theme park is hard :p

MansionGoer13z

The only thing that could rival Harry Potter's Butterbeer is that Disney turns part of DHS into a Star Wars Themed land and set up A Mos Eisly Cantina and serve Blue Milk, a Tatooine Sunburn, Corellian Ale and other alcoholic/non alcoholic beverages based on beverages from the Galaxy far far Away..

bgraham34

The only thing that could rival Harry Potter's Butterbeer is that Disney turns part of DHS into a Star Wars Themed land and set up A Mos Eisly Cantina and serve Blue Milk, a Tatooine Sunburn, Corellian Ale and other alcoholic/non alcoholic beverages based on beverages from the Galaxy far far Away..

I do have to agree with you on that one.

Mansion Butler

I don't know why this hasn't happened yet.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It's simple... nobody would be interested in trying food or drink items featured in their favorite movie franchise. There's absolutely no precedent for this succeeding.

Ahhh....Soylent Green immediately pops to mind.

How about milk from A Clockwork Orange?

All that candy from Willy Wonka...too bad they never tried to capitalize on that. :D

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Alchol would ruin the park. It only takes one idiot to ruin things for everyone. Better off keeping it the way it is.

It hasn't stopped drunks from entering already drunk or sneaking liquor into the park.

Prohibition only escalates lawbreaking. History has already taught us that lesson.

Lee

Adventurer
Alchol would ruin the park.
The way it has at Animal Kingdom, Epcot and DHS?
Oh...wait...that's right. It hasn't.

(Note: No, I'm not suggesting that MK needs to start selling booze. I'm just pointing out that it really wouldn't be a big deal.)

Scuttle

I was at the wave on Sunday and the bartender started talking to me about animal kingdom and the dawa bar. We continued talking and he told me that Bacardi 151 is not sold in any of the parks anymore because people were getting crazy. I still say go for it. Would it really be out of control if they offered alcohol at dinner time at a sit down restaurant? I don't think so.

Pioneer Hall

I was at the wave on Sunday and the bartender started talking to me about animal kingdom and the dawa bar. We continued talking and he told me that Bacardi 151 is not sold in any of the parks anymore because people were getting crazy. I still say go for it. Would it really be out of control if they offered alcohol at dinner time at a sit down restaurant? I don't think so.

To me the problem in the Magic Kingdom isn't in the loss of a beer cart here or there, but without alcohol the park can really not have a true signature restaurant. A good signature restaurant needs a wine menu and without that in the MK you can never have that top of the line experience. It's too bad too, because think of if they made the Castle an actual high class experience for dinner (keep the characters for breakfast and lunch).

RSoxNo1

The way it has at Animal Kingdom, Epcot and DHS?
Oh...wait...that's right. It hasn't.

(Note: No, I'm not suggesting that MK needs to start selling booze. I'm just pointing out that it really wouldn't be a big deal.)

I haven't really seen too much of it myself, but I've received multiple complaints (or at the very least observations) about the increase in alcohol consumption around World Showcase.

I've only really seen one guest that probably shouldn't have been at a park, and that was someone on Splash Mountain that had hopped from Epcot earlier in the day. To me, this meant that he was at least an hour removed from drinking, and I thought he was still too drunk to be in the park.

danpam1024

Original Poster
Alcohol doesn't ruin things, people do. I've seen plenty of sober people that needed removed from the parks as well. At least if you're drunk, you have an excuse (kidding).:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom