Gaston's Tavern

hokielutz

It would interested, and a great marketing tool, if Disney food services would create a new drink called Lefou Brew (or some other name) that is a fake beer or ale. Kind of like a Ginger Soda or something with a kick, but without any alcohol. I guess like that butterbeer at Potter.

It can be Disney's own brand. Then perhaps they can sell the alcoholic version of the brew in France at Epcot. That would be a nice crossover.

(now I will wait for the dismissive and cutting comments as per norm)

I like the name.... better copyright it quick before it DOES end up on their menu.

The Duck

Here's a thought. Since Gaston uses antlers in all of his decorating, I'm assuming that the tavern will be decked out with artificial antlers, trophies etc., since the real thing will bring down the wrath of the animal rights crowd (as well as Bambi fans).

disney magic 06

A tavern with no beer? Strange.

I go in an adults only group to WDW and, whilst we have no desire to 'get hammered', we do enjoy a refreshing beer or cocktail with our lunch on holiday. MK is therefore a half day park for us, we either head off to another park or one of the resorts.

I see no point in MK being a dry park when alcohol is readily available in the other parks. I don't recall seeing drunks staggering around Animal Kingdom or the Studios :shrug:

Epcot, of course, is another story :lol:

I know it's only concept art, but there is something frothy at that back table.

Gastons-tavern.jpg

My initial thought is root beer.

IMO, it doesn't need a response to Butterbeer. All it needs is Gaston. What a riot that will be...

Donfan

While in Scotland last summer, my grandson discovered a drink called Ironbru that is sort of an orange soda. He really liked it. Something of this type might go really well in a non-alcoholic tavern.

MKCP 1985

Here's a thought. Since Gaston uses antlers in all of his decorating, I'm assuming that the tavern will be decked out with artificial antlers, trophies etc., since the real thing will bring down the wrath of the animal rights crowd (as well as Bambi fans).

Male deer naturally shed their antlers every year during the winter and then grow news ones in the spring. There is no need to assume antlers on the wall or in a chandelier mean a deer was killed to obtain them, unless there is a head attached. :wave:

The Duck

Male deer naturally shed their antlers every year during the winter and then grow news ones in the spring. There is no need to assume antlers on the wall or in a chandelier mean a deer was killed to obtain them, unless there is a head attached. :wave:
I was thinking about Gaston's Tavern in the film, "Beauty & The Beast". You can clearly see animal heads (even a little white bunny! ;)).

SilentWindODoom

Is there any chance that, instead of a soda jerk, the libations would flow from those large casks? I don't know if it's reasonable to have it this way, but it would be a really nice touch, even if instead of turning the spigot there's a lever under the spout that blends in and that you can just press like a normal soda jerk. Even if this is just for the specialty drinks, it would really be something interesting, a nice extra-mile thing. Perhaps large casks that say "ALE" and "BEER" with smaller letters above that say "Ginger" and "Root". I don't know besides ginger ale, ginger beer, and root beer what drinks have names that sound like alcoholic drinks.

Ilovewishes

And nothing is going to top Butterbeer!:slurp:
End of Story!

Am I the only person who didn't like Butterbeer? We spent $10+ on the drink and souvenir mug, took a sip, scraped all the sickening froth off the top, took another sip and dumped it in the bin!

:hurl:

We kept the mug though!

Pioneer Hall

Am I the only person who didn't like Butterbeer? We spent $10+ on the drink and souvenir mug, took a sip, scraped all the sickening froth off the top, took another sip and dumped it in the bin!

We kept the mug though!

I didn't think it was anything special, but I did enjoy it. If you like butterscotch and cream soda, then you'll like the drink. If those aren't flavors you enjoy then you probably won't like the drink.

Neverland

We kept the mug though!

I thought it tasted like some kind of diet cream soda, complete with nasty aftertaste. :lookaroun I thought it was good at first, but then after a few sips, the aftertaste had built up and it started to taste horrible.

(And cream soda is my favorite soda!)

Mansion Butler

I didn't think it was anything special, but I did enjoy it. If you like butterscotch and cream soda, then you'll like the drink. If those aren't flavors you enjoy then you probably won't like the drink.
Yeah, I have no intention of even trying it. I would like to try the pumpkin juice, though.

RSoxNo1

Yeah, I have no intention of even trying it. I would like to try the pumpkin juice, though.

I liked the frozen butter beer. The pumpkin juice was weird, not bad but weird. It probably would taste better when it wasn't a 95 degree August afternoon. Pumpkin Juice is something that you'd want to drink with Thanksgiving dinner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom