Gaston's Tavern

castevens

People still ask CMs where they can get alcohol, even with no mentioning of a tavern or bar in the park. My favorites are the guests in Fantasyland, dragging their sweet little Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique'd girl behind them, asking where they can go to get hammered at 2 pm. Because I'm sure that's what little Susie wants to do on her only trip to Disney World.

But it's the only way I can deal with little Susie for 13 straight hours!

Mansion Butler

But it's the only way I can deal with little Susie for 13 straight hours!
I once had a group from, I think, Germany come up to me and ask where the rollercoasters were. I pointed them to Thunder and Space and they said the REAL rollercoasters. I said Rockin' Rollercoaster and Expedition Everest and they said they didn't have parkhoppers.

Conversation went on about how there was nothing they wanted to ride, and I finally asked why they were here.

Response: "For the alcohol."

I said, I'm sorry, but you're in the wrong park. They said "yeah, we figured that part out, too."

To this day, I'm confused by that conversation.

britdaw

People still ask CMs where they can get alcohol, even with no mentioning of a tavern or bar in the park. My favorites are the guests in Fantasyland, dragging their sweet little Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique'd girl behind them, asking where they can go to get hammered at 2 pm. Because I'm sure that's what little Susie wants to do on her only trip to Disney World.

Oh wow.... Maybe they need a drink after spending all that money on BBB. ;)

I once had a group from, I think, Germany come up to me and ask where the rollercoasters were. I pointed them to Thunder and Space and they said the REAL rollercoasters. I said Rockin' Rollercoaster and Expedition Everest and they said they didn't have parkhoppers.

Conversation went on about how there was nothing they wanted to ride, and I finally asked why they were here.

Response: "For the alcohol."

I said, I'm sorry, but you're in the wrong park. They said "yeah, we figured that part out, too."

To this day, I'm confused by that conversation.

Why would people even come to Disney World with the intention of getting drunk? Seriously.

britdaw

Because there are people in this world who can't enjoy themselves without being ed!
I know, and that's so sad that they live their lives that way.
I'm a social drinker, and while I'm a little sad that I won't be able to go have a couple drinks with my husband when we come down there, I understand why it's a dry park, too. Who wants to be in line for a ride and have someone acting belligerent, or worse, throw up all over the place? Ugh.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
But remember that even Magic Kingdom is not a "dry" park. Private partys happen ever day at Magic Kingdom and do have adult drinks at them. So the person jn line could just have had a couple of drinks. At all other parks drinks are there for the public. I for one think it that Disney should have drinks with meals in the Magic Kingdom.

AEfx

There can be a "tavern" or "saloon" in a dry park just like there can be a snow themed water park-Disney magic!

There ya go!

I have plenty of friends (well, I think almost all of them) who enjoy drinking. I'm just not one of them, I maybe have a drink once a year (not to think I'm a goody goody haha - there may be other things I enjoy ;) ), going to a bar is just the last thing I ever want to do (the point is to go drink, I don't drink - I get bored haha).

I have to say, I do like that the MK is free of that. When I walk around Epcot, and Universal especially, it just reeks of beer in some places (places AND people sometimes). And I have a very low tolerance for drunk people. While I wouldn't say, "ban it everywhere in the parks", because I know many people do enjoy it - I have to say it *is* nice to be free of it at that one place.

MAF

When I walk around Epcot, and Universal especially, it just reeks of beer in some places (places AND people sometimes). .

Care to share where? I've been to Epcot many many times and never smelled a "reeking" beer odor. Didn't notice it at Universal either, so methinks you are overexaggerating quite a bit. :rolleyes:

NoChesterHester

I can think of a few times that I noticed someone was really drunk in Epcot. Very rare that someone is belligerent. There is absolutely nothing wrong with alcohol in the parks IYAM. I believe the Disney prices keep it from being a college drink fest.

aladdin2007

I can think of a few times that I noticed someone was really drunk in Epcot. Very rare that someone is belligerent. There is absolutely nothing wrong with alcohol in the parks IYAM. I believe the Disney prices keep it from being a college drink fest.

Very true, there is a growing problem at Epcot with this at night, have seen quite a few drunk. And during the food and wine festival on weekends, I dont know how Disney keeps control because its really bad then.

mamamouse

OMg last years food n wine fest was the worst i ever saw it,for about 3 countries in a row it was absoloute craziness.Luckily for us that was the only time we've ever witnessed it to that degree.
Very true, there is a growing problem at Epcot with this at night, have seen quite a few drunk. And during the food and wine festival on weekends, I dont know how Disney keeps control because its really bad then.

AEfx

Care to share where? I've been to Epcot many many times and never smelled a "reeking" beer odor. Didn't notice it at Universal either, so methinks you are overexaggerating quite a bit. :rolleyes:

You've never been to the Food and Wine Fest that takes place all around World Showcase, I take it. ;)

iheartdisney91

Nothing and I mean nothing will be as popular as Butterbeer. And I'm not even a Potter freak.

i'm a potter freak along with some others, and i agree.
It's popular because it runs off its name, and its reputation in the book.
Disney movies don't have a "famous" drink in any of their movies. The only thing i can think of is those pastries Tiana and her father used to make.:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom