Gaston's Tavern

danpam1024

Original Poster
Not to sound totally dumb and totally not to get on the subject of "adult" drinks, but how do you have "tavern" in a "dry" park?:shrug:

Alektronic

Not to sound totally dumb and totally not to get on the subject of "adult" drinks, but how do you have "tavern" in a "dry" park?:shrug:

There used to be Hook's Tavern in FL for several years and many people tried to get a beer and were always disappointed.

Neverland

People still ask CMs where they can get alcohol, even with no mentioning of a tavern or bar in the park. My favorites are the guests in Fantasyland, dragging their sweet little Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique'd girl behind them, asking where they can go to get hammered at 2 pm. Because I'm sure that's what little Susie wants to do on her only trip to Disney World.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
MK is, and probably always will be, a dry park. And Gaston's is not the first establishment there with "Tavern" in its name.....

CastleBound

Butterbeer
Butterbeer is the drink of choice for younger wizards. Harry is first presented with the beverage in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Although House-elves can become intoxicated on Butterbeer, the amount of alcohol contained in Butterbeer has a negligible effect on Witches and Wizards. In the sixth book, however, Harry wonders what Ron and Hermione might do at Professor Slughorn's Christmas party "under the influence of Butterbeer," indicating that it could potentially lower inhibitions. J. K. Rowling said in her interview to Bon Appétit magazine that she imagines it "to taste a little bit like less-sickly butterscotch." Butterbeer can be served cold or hot but either way it has a warming effect. Roald Dahl used a similar word play in his book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in chapter 23 when he mentioned the Oompa-Loompas getting drunk on butterscotch and buttergin.
Butterbeer was a real drink, the earliest reference to Buttered Beere is from, 'The Good Huswifes Handmaide for the Kitchin' published in London in 1588 A.D.,[44] made from beer, sugar, eggs, nutmeg, cloves and butter back in Tudor times. British celebrity chef Heston Blumenthal recreated the drink for his show "Heston's Tudor Feast."[45]
It was announced in April 2010 that a drink named after butterbeer is sold in the amusement park, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando. It has a sweet taste and is not an alcoholic beverage. It was taste-tested by J. K. Rowling herself. According to Neil Genzlinger, a staff editor on the culture desk of The New York Times, the beverage "is indistinguishable from a good quality cream soda."[46]

ChrisM

People still ask CMs where they can get alcohol, even with no mentioning of a tavern or bar in the park. My favorites are the guests in Fantasyland, dragging their sweet little Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique'd girl behind them, asking where they can go to get hammered at 2 pm. Because I'm sure that's what little Susie wants to do on her only trip to Disney World.

Yes, because looking for a beer, glass of wine, or cocktail always means someone is looking to get hammered.

Neverland

Yes, because looking for a beer, glass of wine, or cocktail always means someone is looking to get hammered.

No, I mean hammered. People have asked me where they can get absolutely slobbering drunk. Sometimes they ask me where they can get a beer, sometimes they literally ask where in the MK can they go to get wasted. It does happen, and people do ask with their kids with them.

donaldfan

my question is why they are building any new dining when there is existing locations in the park that are not used -- could they not do some rehab/remodel to those? i know the B&TB sit-down is going to be more elaborate than tland terrace, but why not do a pirates sit-down in adventureland first using the shuttered places there?:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom