Gaston's Tavern

aladdin2007

According to the new article on the Disney Parks Blog, It's now called Gaston's Pub. :shrug:

Thats going to be very misleading, people are going to think wow a real pub is now in the park making it sound Irish or something. how does pub fit in with the french theme of belle's village. :shrug: :brick:

bhg469

I don't think I could afford to get drunk in Disney even if i tried at MK... Having said that I really think adult beverages wouldn't cause many problems.

KingdomofDreams

According to the new article on the Disney Parks Blog, It's now called Gaston's Pub. :shrug:

Hmmmm... I haven't watched the movie in quite a while, but it wasn't Gaston's "Pub" in the movie was it? I agree with Aladdin2007, using the word pub doesn't seem to fit. A pub is essentially the same thing as a tavern, but isn't the term "pub" more associated with British culture?

If it's because they think they have too many "taverns", personally I'd rather see them remove the "tavern" from Liberty Tree. Maybe make it Liberty Tree Inn instead.

Chevross

Hmmmm... I haven't watched the movie in quite a while, but it wasn't Gaston's "Pub" in the movie was it? I agree with Aladdin2007, using the word pub doesn't seem to fit. A pub is essentially the same thing as a tavern, but isn't the term "pub" more associated with British culture?

If it's because they think they have too many "taverns", personally I'd rather see them remove the "tavern" from Liberty Tree. Maybe make it Liberty Tree Inn instead.

I agree. I actually forgot it was Liberty Tree Tavern because I'm use to just calling it Liberty Tree. Gaston's Pub just sounds awkward.

Scuttle

I don't think I could afford to get drunk in Disney even if i tried at MK... Having said that I really think adult beverages wouldn't cause many problems.

I know right! my girlfriend and I ran up a 95 dollar bar tab at The Outer Rim on Monday. It's insane how much drinks are at WDW. Anyway we always go and get drinks at the resorts or Epcot and head back to the MK at night. We're never obnoxious or rude at all, but my point is if it's that easy for us to do it, then serving alcohol at a tavern or sit down restaurant isn't going to increase the drunks at the MK. I personally am for it if they do it the right way. I'm still curious as to why the woman in the original be our guest rendering has a martini on the table in front of her.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
A little off subject, but we entering EPCOT at the International Gate. We had a beer in hand and they would not allow us to enter the park with a drink. When exiting one member of our group had a beer in hand and where told he could not take the drick out of the park. So at least for EPCOT and the EPCOT resorts and can drink anywhere but the ten foot strip of land that makes up the International Gate.

flynnibus

Premium Member
A little off subject, but we entering EPCOT at the International Gate. We had a beer in hand and they would not allow us to enter the park with a drink. When exiting one member of our group had a beer in hand and where told he could not take the drick out of the park. So at least for EPCOT and the EPCOT resorts and can drink anywhere but the ten foot strip of land that makes up the International Gate.

ABC laws...

disneyaholic86

I believe the issue is a result of having different liquor licenses. I had the same issue at Universal. We tried to bring Hurricanes back to our hotel (Royal Pacific) and were told we had to finish in CityWalk because there is a separate liquor license for CityWalk, each resort and the two parks.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
ABC laws...

I believe the issue is a result of having different liquor licenses. I had the same issue at Universal. We tried to bring Hurricanes back to our hotel (Royal Pacific) and were told we had to finish in CityWalk because there is a separate liquor license for CityWalk, each resort and the two parks.
I believe it is ALL one liquor license for all of Disney and one license for all of Universal...
From:http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ing=&URL=0500-0599/0565/Sections/0565.02.html

(6) A vendor who operates places of business where consumption on the premises is permitted, which premises are located within a theme park complex that is owned, managed, controlled, and operated by such vendor, may operate under a master license issued for the type of service offered if the theme park complex comprises at least 25 enclosed acres of land with permanent exhibitions and a variety of recreational activities, the enclosed area has a controlled entrance to, and exit from, the enclosed area, and at least 1 million visitors annually pay admission fees to the theme park complex. In addition to the license taxes imposed in paragraphs (1)(b)-(f), an additional tax of $1,500 shall be imposed for up to 5 additional bars, $2,500 for 6 to 10 additional bars, and $3,500 for more than 10 additional bars. The enclosed area within the theme park shall be considered an extension of the licensed premises upon the payment of the fee and the notation of such extension on the sketch accompanying the original license application.​

If I am reading this wrong ...please advise. :shrug:

flynnibus

Premium Member
I believe it is ALL one liquor license for all of Disney and one license for all of Universal...
From:http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ing=&URL=0500-0599/0565/Sections/0565.02.html

(6) A vendor who operates places of business where consumption on the premises is permitted, which premises are located within a theme park complex that is owned, managed, controlled, and operated by such vendor, may operate under a master license issued for the type of service offered if the theme park complex comprises at least 25 enclosed acres of land with permanent exhibitions and a variety of recreational activities, the enclosed area has a controlled entrance to, and exit from, the enclosed area, and at least 1 million visitors annually pay admission fees to the theme park complex. In addition to the license taxes imposed in paragraphs (1)(b)-(f), an additional tax of $1,500 shall be imposed for up to 5 additional bars, $2,500 for 6 to 10 additional bars, and $3,500 for more than 10 additional bars. The enclosed area within the theme park shall be considered an extension of the licensed premises upon the payment of the fee and the notation of such extension on the sketch accompanying the original license application.​

If I am reading this wrong ...please advise. :shrug:

Note it says 'theme park' - the park itself stops at International Gateway... on the other side of that is hotel properties. But you can also search florida licenses online and see they have many for different properties throughout the parks and resorts
https://www.myfloridalicense.com/wl11.asp?mode=0&SID=&brd=&typ=

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Note it says 'theme park' - the park itself stops at International Gateway... on the other side of that is hotel properties. But you can also search florida licenses online and see they have many for different properties throughout the parks and resorts
https://www.myfloridalicense.com/wl11.asp?mode=0&SID=&brd=&typ=

OK...I guess I DID read that wrong....I thought that it was ONE license for ALL of WDW.

Stranger things have happened in the past when it comes to Disney getting it's way around the law.

Rob562

In addition to the other reasons given, there was no way of knowing that the beer was sold by Disney. Thus it was technically an "outside alcoholic beverage" that could not be brought into the park. (It'd be the same as walking in from the parking lot with a beer you got out of your car's trunk)

Conversely, if you have a beer *inside* the park, unless it was snuck in, it was definitely purchased from Disney inside the park, and thus would not be allowed to leave.

-Rob

Bill Pecos

I've been a lurker here for a long time.

My feelings on alcohol in the parks is that in moderation, there should not be any issues with adults having adult drinks. The issue is the 1% of the adult crowd that would ruin it for everyone else. Now that I have three kids, my experiences at the parks has changed. I'm there now to have a good time with them, and that really does not include having a beer, it's more about sharing a lemonade, if you know what I am saying...

But that does not mean that others should not be allowed to enjoy a beverage. Just in moderation. How you keep a tab on those 1% is the question.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom