Forthcoming DLP refurbs for the 25th and beyond

Animaniac93-98

The issue with Fantallusion has been the lengthly daylight hours of Parisian summers, and the difficulty of scheduling both Dreams and it during a normal operating day. If both parks are to have their own fireworks show (Dreams and Star Wars) then I don't see Fantallusion happening (as much as I'd like that). Unless they plan on operating DLP until midnight or 1:00am.

cjkeating

The issue with Fantallusion has been the lengthly daylight hours of Parisian summers, and the difficulty of scheduling both Dreams and it during a normal operating day. If both parks are to have their own fireworks show (Dreams and Star Wars) then I don't see Fantallusion happening (as much as I'd like that). Unless they plan on operating DLP until midnight or 1:00am.

How about they alternative Dreams and Fantillusion during the week? Or Fantillusion Friday-Sunday?

Most guests are visiting for more than one day so I don't think they would mind two different nighttime offerings and it could play to DLPs advantage to get people to revisit.

felipenor

No, it's now slated to close from January until March 2017 according to the official DLP website.
Do they ever reveal the actual dates? I'm playing a DLP visit for January, so I wanted to be sure of what attractions will be open so that I can prepare better (or even change the dates for the trip).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
@marni1971 since Phantom Manor is the only DLP E-Ticket not to receieve a major refurb in advance of the 25th, are there plans to give it one during or shortly after the celebration?
From what I gather, after. I believe it may get a sparkle and polish beforehand but the upgrades won't come until after. There's too much going on / closed elsewhere.

GiveMeTheMusic

Thank you. It's our first time so didn't know that.

Yeah - if you get a chance to ride it, make sure you don't want very long and it doesn't take away from anything you really need to see. It's real bad.

Hope you have an amazing trip! Your first time is always so memorable and Disneyland is looking so gorgeous these days.

felipenor

Yeah - if you get a chance to ride it, make sure you don't want very long and it doesn't take away from anything you really need to see. It's real bad.

Hope you have an amazing trip! Your first time is always so memorable and Disneyland is looking so gorgeous these days.
Thanks. I assume during Christmas time there won't be so many closed attractions as now, right?

Animaniac93-98

Pinocchio's Daring Journey will be closed from today until October 7 (about 6 weeks total). Teacups are also closed from today until September 9 and I'm happy to hear that because if they haven't already they really need to repaint the whole thing and replace the Chinese lanterns with holes in them.

Den Carter

What's an E-Ticket?

It's jargon. Basically when Disney used to charge per ride, guests would purchase coupons from booths. Rides were categorised with a letter (A-E) and you'd need to purchase a coupon with the letter corresponding to the type of ride you wanted. The most expensive coupon reserved for the 'signature' rides - like Space Mountain, Big Thunder, etc would be 'E', hence 'E-ticket'. Nowadays it's used more generally to describe each park's 'really big rides'. There's sometimes an argument about exactly which rides are E, but as a general rule it goes from A to E in order of the ride's size and popularity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom