Forthcoming DLP refurbs for the 25th and beyond

WDWdream97

As mentioned in another thread, are there any plans to re-do Walt Disney Studios Park once the referbs are done with Disneyland Parc and the resorts?

The Empress Lilly

But...May 4th is Star Wars day!

Also, while on the subject, roughly. Is Darth Maul over at WDSP the worst Maul ever, or was the freezing temperature the cause for his stiff movements? I'm more flexible and agile than that, and my last exercise consisted of walking over twice to the McDo to sample all their winter burger specials.

Animaniac93-98

But...May 4th is Star Wars day!

My guess is that they'll be soft openings on that day.

Also, while on the subject, roughly. Is Darth Maul over at WDSP the worst Maul ever, or was the freezing temperature the cause for his stiff movements? I'm more flexible and agile than that, and my last exercise consisted of walking over twice to the McDo to sample all their winter burger specials.

I've only seen clips, so I can't comment on this further until after I visit DLP in March. :)

AndyS2992

Anyone know why the Christmas lights have been on the castle now for two years straight (if not more)? Looks awful. They aren't even being used as far as I can see.

Donald Dutch

After a six-month closure, yesterday some press previews took place for Pirates of the Caribbean. One Captain Barbossa and two Jack Sparrow animatronics were added. Also the Redhead scene got updated, and is no longer featuring a bride / wench auction. Instead, the redhead is now armed with a gun as a supporting character in an auction for stolen goods.

According to Looopings, the 116 existing characters in the attraction are completely reprogrammed. New technology is used, which makes all characters move more smoothly and more realistically than ever. Special effects that had been broken for years have been restored. In addition, all lights are replaced by led lamps. The soundtrack also got refreshed. Some pirates have received new text. Finally, new video projections are used in the decors.

Also the entrance area received a make-over and Blue Lagoon restaurant is now called Captain Jack's. Photos by Looopings:
DEmaUU5XgAApPHb.jpg

DEmaUTjXgAAQ7Qj.jpg

DEmaVoPXoAAuy1M.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom