1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Forthcoming DLP refurbs for the 25th and beyond

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris' started by marni1971, May 23, 2015.

1. brb1006

brb1006 Well-Known Member

2. JDL30

JDL30 Well-Known Member

So so excited to ride this at the end of the month

Den Carter and brb1006 like this.
  3. Animaniac93-98

Animaniac93-98 Well-Known Member

Had to share this photo taken by InsideDLParis of the refurbished BTMRR at night:

[​IMG]

4. JDL30

JDL30 Well-Known Member

5. brb1006

6. Den Carter

Den Carter Active Member

I love the look of this! Haven't been to DL since their renovation but I'll be back in Paris for new year weekend. So can't wait!

douglasrickard and brb1006 like this.
  7. brb1006

[​IMG]
    Here's a behind the scenes video

Peter Pano and CanadianGordon like this.
  8. Donald Dutch

Donald Dutch Active Member

Fun fact: French newspaper Le Parisien reports that the Experience Enhancement Plan has a price tag of €800 million, according to sources inside the parks. In the last four years, €400 million has been used for attractions like Big Thunder Mountain, It's a Small World, Peter Pan's Flight, Adventure Isle and Alice's Curious Labyrinth. Also Newport Bay Club Hotel and Hotel Cheyenne have been renovated from this first half of the budget.

COO Daniel Delcourt doesn't want to confirn these numbers and says that 'the magic of Disney is priceless'. Tomorrow, Space Mountain: Mission 2, Casey Jr. - le Petit Train du Cirque, Les Pays des Contes de Fées, Studio Tram Tour: Behind the Magic and Pirates of the Caribbean will close for refurbishment.

9. donsullivan

donsullivan Premium Member

I'm really looking forward to seeing the park all freshened up when I'm there in late May. I was there on opening day and at that time it was without a doubt, the most beautiful of the Disney castle parks. I've not been back since '93 and heard way too many of the reports of maintenance declines, etc.. I'm glad my return visit for 25th anniversary year will see the place back to it's original beauty. I am personally disappointed though that Pirates will be closed when I'm there. DLP has the best version of classic Pirates ever built. I guess that means I'll have to go back again soon.

Peter Pano, Den Carter and brb1006 like this.
  10. LieutLaww

LieutLaww Underwater Basket Weaver Premium Member

I really should visit DLP as it is my closest Disney Park.

Peter Pano, Den Carter and brb1006 like this.
  11. The Empress Lilly

The Empress Lilly Well-Known Member

Wow. Well, at least those sort of numbers show why managers are perennially tempted to forego maintenance.

I'd do it too. Brush up the numbers, cash your bonus and promotion, and after you the deluge.

Props to current management then, although really the situation had become untenable.

12. The Empress Lilly

DLP, bar Discovery land, now looks again just like when you last saw it. Which, bearing the past two decades of general Disney park treatment in mind, is an indescribable blessing. DLP as by miracle avoided the onslaught on the US parks and now emerges as not only one of the prettiest but also most authentic castle parks.

13. CanadianGordon

CanadianGordon Well-Known Member

Now I really want to visit DLP....

14. nokahoma

nokahoma New Member

Will be in Paris for work soon and was hoping to finally check this place out but almost half the park is closed for refurbishment at the same time. I know it's for the anniversary but they maybe should've spaced this stuff out a little bit better.

Lisbonnn likes this.
  15. cjkeating

cjkeating Well-Known Member

The refurbishment work has been spread over a few years and timed so that (almost) everything is open in time for the 25th anniversary.

Den Carter likes this.
  16. nokahoma

nokahoma New Member

I know it's for the anniversary. I mentioned that in that post. I'm in Paris for work in two weeks and while I'm there the following is all closed:

Space Mountain
    Pirates
    Star Tours
    the dragon animatronic
    the storybook boats
    the Pocahontas village
    Autopia
    the carousel
    the Casey Jr circus train

That's a lot to all be closed at one time. I know they've spaced out what has essentially been a top-to-bottom refurb, but it still seems like they could've scheduled this better. Almost a quarter of the park is closed all at once.

cheezbat likes this.
  17. croboy82

croboy82 Active Member

tbh i don't think they had the money before that.

18. cjkeating

cjkeating Well-Known Member

That is true... I believe they have spent 350 million Euro since the EAP project started and they have another 350 million Euro to spend for phase 2. I'm not quite sure where the are going to spend that money, in the main park it is only Phantom Manor that is left and DSP doesn't need renovation (just reimagineering). Hotel New York and Disneyland Hotel are due refurbishment as well so that could take some of the budget but I don't see that using all the money.

brb1006 likes this.
  19. The Empress Lilly

I rather innocently expected the park to feel opened up now that FL and AL are largely done. But it is now more boarded up than ever. DL and FL are half closed, many assorted areas too. Thunder and Aladdin were down yesterday too, leaving a half day park.

I still very much applaud the effort, but by now I can see how this much closure must be bitter for the one time or very irregular visitor.

Space should never have been touched. It has been done recently. It doesn't need a Star Wars overlay. It is the heart of Verneland, which will be left meaningless now. Left with an aestethic that no longer corresponds with the content, nor indeed with Main Street and with the general 'Frenchness' that underlies so much of the park.

Peter Pano and ssaamm like this.
  20. Animaniac93-98

Animaniac93-98 Well-Known Member

Though Hyperspace Mountain is totally uncalled for, the plan before that was to install & test the new trains and do some other minor work from early Jan to late March.

The Empress Lilly likes this.