News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

doctornick

Regarding the Boneyard, I’m hoping they just keep it. It’s an awesome area, easily the best “playground” area in the domestic Disney parks and it can be easily lightly rethemed to be more “archaeology” as opposed to “paleontology” to fit more with IJ. Or honestly, they gave dinosaur bones in South America, you could just simply keep it mostly as is and have it be part of the new land.

BrianLo

That’s my fear. They are going to basically end up with the same number of “attractions” as they did once before. They don’t seem to get we need to ADD more people eater things as well

Something to be said about quality though.

Encanto, whatever it is, would have to be a pretty big whiff to not be better than what it replaces.

Despite claims to the contrary, Dinosaur is not drawing the acclaim or GSATs or G+ bucks that Indy does in Anaheim or Tokyo. I’m not really a fan of Dinosaur, it just feels like such wasted potential. I doubt very many consider it in their top ten list of the resort. Its mistake is trying to out Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park. Likely an Eisner-ism. We didn’t need another dinosaurs are scary take. It’s not like the safari is pedaling a chase with murderous hippos, dinosaurs can have different appeals. Beyond that it’s dark, disorientating and lacks a musical score. It completely turns off a very core dinosaur demographic (little kids).

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Something to be said about quality though.

Encanto, whatever it is, would have to be a pretty big whiff to not be better than what it replaces.

Despite claims to the contrary, Dinosaur is not drawing the acclaim or GSATs or G+ bucks that Indy does in Anaheim or Tokyo. I’m not really a fan of Dinosaur, it just feels like such wasted potential. I doubt very many consider it in their top ten list of the resort. Its mistake is trying to out Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park. Likely an Eisner-ism. We didn’t need another dinosaurs are scary take. It’s not like the safari is pedaling a chase with murderous hippos, dinosaurs can have different appeals. Beyond that it’s dark, disorientating and lacks a musical score. It completely turns off a very core dinosaur demographic (little kids).
Imo it would be easier for them to redo the dinosaur ride and make it a little more family friendly and without needing a chiropractor when it’s over. The loud dark rough scare factor is what hurts its appeal to some (I like it but I get why some don’t). A dinosaur section of the park belongs at AK way more than Indy and Encanto

celluloid

Imo it would be easier for them to redo the dinosaur ride and make it a little more family friendly and without needing a chiropractor when it’s over. The loud dark rough scare factor is what hurts its appeal to some (I like it but I get why some don’t). A dinosaur section of the park belongs at AK way more than Indy and Encanto

The sad thig is Energy Adventure was a good way for kids to see Dinos on a ride in an immersive environment with no height requirement. Anyone under 40 inches or someone not wanting mild thrills is seeing no Dinosaurs at WDW unless they pop in or have dining at T-rex Cafe.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
The sad thig is Energy Adventure was a good way for kids to see Dinos on a ride in an immersive environment with no height requirement. Anyone under 40 inches or someone not wanting mild thrills is seeing no Dinosaurs at WDW unless they pop in or have dining at T-rex Cafe.
true... but Energy Adventure was a very long show/ride... most kids can't sit still that long

I just think Disney is missing out on a big opportunity to have a genuine good dinosaur area and attractions for all ages thay could be popular and sell alot more merch

MrPromey

Are you talking *attractions* or its subset: *rides*?

When it comes to rides, they're equal (give or take temporary closures or rethemes).

When it comes to attractions, WDW has a heck of a lot more.

But some people don't count shows, or zoos, or national pavilions, or films; they only care if the attraction moves them somehow.
I'm counting attractions as Disney themselves counts them as things to do on their own website. Last I checked, judging by what they consider an attraction (show, ride, walk-through, etc.), DL had them beat... Even if the Moana walk-through has tipped the scales since I last went through and counted it all up, I not sure how you get Orlando having a heck of a lot more, again, based on how Disney themselves counts them.

Remember, Disneyland still has things like their Main Street band and their Golden Horseshoe review and streetmosphere (including in places like Frontierland) and other things of that nature that WDW long ago cut their own equivalents of, too.

Last edited:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I'm counting attractions as Disney themselves counts them as things to do on their own website... and I'm not sure how you get Orlando having a heck of a lot more, again, based on how Disney themselves counts them.

Remember, Disneyland still has things like their band and their Golden Horseshoe review and streetmosphere (including in places like Frontierland) and other things of that nature that WDW long ago cut their own equivalents of, too.
At one point (not sure if they still are), DAK was counting the signs on the walkway as you approached Rafiki's Planet Watch as an "attraction."

RSoxNo1

There’s loads of problems with trackless:
- Warehouse like design with less intimate sets
- No elevation changes unless elevators are introduced (which cause several breakdowns)
- Issues with the LPS that cause a ton of downtime

Rise of the Resistance is proof that if you do anything slightly complex (or “Disney level norm”, if you will) you run into a ton of issues. It deterred Universal from using the system for the Potter MoM ride.
I could see an omnimover being the preferred option for an Encanto ride even though it offers less flexibility. Something with high capacity, reliable and family friendly would be a welcome addition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom