News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

doctornick

They should travel to see the superior castle parks, like TDL and DLP. ;) And by many accounts, it's actually cheaper to visit those parks than spending a week at WDW. :oops:

To each their own, but if I'm visiting France or Japan, I've got dozens of other things I would want to visit before spending time at a Disney park. No matter how awesome the parks are.

ToTBellHop

I had a friend who went to Japan over Christmas and isn't even a theme park fan (he loves anime and Japanese culture).

I told him to visit Tokyo DisneySea for a day.

To say it was his favorite part of the trip is an understatement.
I’m surprised. We enjoyed DLP but loved Paris (the city) more. Debating whether we will even return to DLP next time we are in Paris. Maybe a day trip. Parc Disneyland is pretty but needs more attractions and WDSP is entirely forgettable with nothing under construction that will move that needle.

Of course, everyone says TDLR is Disney’s best.

SplashJacket

Don't get me wrong, it's great for each park to have its own unique thing... but realistically there's no real benefit to restricting clones. The majority of the public are not like us super fans and would like to spend good money on trips overseas just to visit the parks.

MK is the world's most popular theme park, in the eyes of the public, it's the unique one and every other park copies it 🤣
I’d argue they should avoid overlap between Disneyland and Disney World, and avoid overlap between Disney World and Disneyland Paris, but outside of that, I don’t think there’s much of an issue.

Each park should have its own identity for global brand purposes, but outside of a unique overarching design statement, I don’t have an issue with BatB getting cloned to WDW, for example.

ToTBellHop

I’d argue they should avoid overlap between Disneyland and Disney World, and avoid overlap between Disney World and Disneyland Paris, but outside of that, I don’t think there’s much of an issue.

Each park should have its own identity for global brand purposes, but outside of a unique overarching design statement, I don’t have an issue with BatB getting cloned to WDW, for example.
Other than not wanting the BatB ride they built…

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
I’m surprised. We enjoyed DLP but loved Paris (the city) more. Debating whether we will even return to DLP next time we are in Paris. Maybe a day trip. Parc Disneyland is pretty but needs more attractions and WDSP is entirely forgettable with nothing under construction that will move that needle.

Of course, everyone says TDLR is Disney’s best.
Agreed on all those points. DLP is beautiful but it definitely needs more. TDR on the other hand is something special in its own category. Fantasy Springs could take it to the moon.

Andrew25

Yes, DL and WDW should at least have something unique each, but for the most part they're doing just fine cloning things. With the exception of Roger Rabbit/Indy/Matterhorn, WDW has (or had) everything DL has and doesn't struggle attendance wise.

UNCgolf

Never really understood the hatred towards WDW receiving duplicates of things... 99.9% of those that visit WDW won't ever travel outside the US to visit another Disney park. More than fine with receiving similar attractions found elsewhere.

Yeah, while I absolutely could go to other Disney parks around the world, they're just not high on my list of things to do in those locations. While, for example, I'd love to visit DLP in an ideal world, I was in Paris for a week several years ago and didn't see even half of the things I'd like to see before DLP would enter the picture -- and that's just Paris and the surrounding area; there are numerous other places in France I'd rather see than visit a Disney park if I'm travelling there.

I don't even visit WDW regularly, though, especially compared to many others on this forum. I can also drive there in about 7 hours so it's a much cheaper/easier trip than it is for people who have to fly.

That doesn't mean I want all the resorts to be clones of each other -- it's good for them to have unique aspects and attractions -- but I don't think it's a big deal to have some duplicates.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Absolutely, because Joe can make it work. He can make anything work. Everyone said the same thing about Avatar and Mission Breakout but with him at the helm, it really worked out. But by all means continue being miserable. :)
He undoubtedly did Pandora well. He did was he was asked with MB. But why would he want to try and inject Indiana Jones and Encanto into AK? Fools errands with that subject material.

Realistic does not equal miserable. Try it sometime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom