News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Chef idea Mickey`=

Carsland and RSR are really great but I still don’t want any single IP lands in MK. In Disneyland they only did it with Galaxy’s Edge because they had to. Let the lands of MK remain broad and timeless.
Radiator Springs Racers (alone) or Cars Land would not be in the area "Beyond Big Thunder" but right* Behind Big Thunder.. it would be additional to the Beyond Big Thunder Project.. actually something new for FrontierLand!

Chef idea Mickey`=

As a Disneyland guy, I hope you guys don't get Cars Land. Im sorry. Haha. It should stay exclusive to DLR. I'm not anti cloning but I do like the concept of at least one signature land being exclusive to a park/resort. Besides it sounds like a bad fit at MK. It would be nice if the castle parks didn't get single IP lands. Too late for Disneyland.

How about a Wreck it Ralph Racers on the scale of RSR through Sugar Rush in DHS?
I'm sorry but when it comes to popular franchises for kids Frozen, Cars and Baymax should not be only in some places and others not. WDW doesn't have to have Cars Land but Radiator Springs Racers alone deserves to be here just like Ratatouille came but they kept Remy's Restaurant exclusive for DLP. Even I can agree that Disneyland should have Frozen Ever After too!

mickEblu

I'm sorry but when it comes to popular franchises for kids Frozen, Cars and Baymax should not be only in some places and others not. WDW doesn't have to have Cars Land but Radiator Springs Racers alone deserves to be here just like Ratatouille came but they kept Remy's Restaurant exclusive for DLP. Even I can agree that Disneyland should have Frozen Ever After too!

No, you can’t have it. Sorry.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Yeah, I actually think a modern sleek tram (which is what I would call it as opposed to "light rail" if I were Disney) would be pretty interesting for WDW an additional transportation element and would actually be reasonable affordable to build.

I envisioned a line that goes AKL -> DAK -> Blizzard Beach -> DHS. Then you can have a separate spur that goes from BB -> Coronado -> Fantasia Gardens/Swan (maybe?) -> Epcot/Boardward/Crescent Lake. Enough frequency and longer hours and you might increase usage of the mini golf and the establishments at the Boardwalk.
Modern sleek 💯 exactly!
I like the idea of a skyliner just between AK and AKL. You can have the cabins decorated in only Animal animation. The Disney Sleek Modern Tram would be less problem efficient and would bring an additional type of transportation to the WDW resort to the bus.

Bocabear

Tiana messes up the whole idea of Frontierland...I would rather see them now transition Liberty Square to a New Orleans 19th century riverfront continuing around to Tiana set in 1920s New Orleans...then a transition gateway to Frontierland and the Old West expanding around the back of Big Thunder with an whole new Frontierland...Big Thunder Ranch...Rainbow Ridge...Grizzly Gulch...with another portal into a Villains area that would complete the circle connecting to the Haunted Mansion side. Using a sort of portal gate would transition nicely like going from the old Fantasyland to Liberty Square used to do.

BagOfGroceries

Tiana messes up the whole idea of Frontierland...I would rather see them now transition Liberty Square to a New Orleans 19th century riverfront continuing around to Tiana set in 1920s New Orleans...then a transition gateway to Frontierland and the Old West expanding around the back of Big Thunder with an whole new Frontierland...Big Thunder Ranch...Rainbow Ridge...Grizzly Gulch...with another portal into a Villains area that would complete the circle connecting to the Haunted Mansion side. Using a sort of portal gate would transition nicely like going from the old Fantasyland to Liberty Square used to do.
It actually doesn’t, from a literal standpoint… IF you absorb liberty square. If you do, it presents a perfect timeline of America’s Western expansion, how the frontier is always changing as new places get explored.

ToTBellHop

I think they were looking at the number of people that could be served directly:
  • 4,860-ish rooms at Pop and AoA combined
  • 1,850-ish rooms at CBR and Riviera combined
Everything else being equal, that's 2.6x the potential number of guests.
But everyone from Pop and AoA has to go through CBR on the Skyliner now. So that’s really something like 6500 rooms going through the CBR station. Building a secondary hub seems needlessly confusing. Plus the extra line from Hourglass Lake would be longer than it’d be from CBR and presumably have to go right over a main pool area. That would look awful to sunbathers.

lentesta

Premium Member
I don't see them funding more skyliner runs without it being tied a DVC project.

This kills my AKL to AK dreams sadly. I'd take a walking path, tunnel, etc. though.

The Skyliner seems to have helped Caribbean Beach's overall ratings with our users.

CBR used to be the lowest-rated moderate in WDW, with a guest satisfaction rating of around 80 out of 100 (on our scale). Here's the current ratings for WDW moderates:
  1. Port Orleans French Quarter = 84 points
  2. Coronado Springs & Gran Destino = 83 points
  3. Caribbean Beach = 82 points
  4. Port Orleans Riverside = 81 points
The confidence intervals on those are pretty tight, given the number of surveys.

My guess is the Skyliner is worth all of those extra two points, maybe more. But the resort still has fundamental issues with its spread-out design, especially for food and bus transportation, which is why it's often the cheapest moderate available.

lentesta

Premium Member
But everyone from Pop and AoA has to go through CBR on the Skyliner now. So that’s really something like 6500 rooms going through the CBR station. Building a secondary hub seems needlessly confusing. Plus the extra line from Hourglass Lake would be longer than it’d be from CBR and presumably have to go right over a main pool area. That would look awful to sunbathers.

I supposed there's a counter argument for "Do you want everything to go through CBR?" But I haven't looked at it.

The question I had about Pop-to-Springs was whether Disney would need airspace permission from the Bonnett Creek resorts. I don't know if that ever got answered.

ToTBellHop

I supposed there's a counter argument for "Do you want everything to go through CBR?" But I haven't looked at it.

The question I had about Pop-to-Springs was whether Disney would need airspace permission from the Bonnett Creek resorts. I don't know if that ever got answered.
I struggle to accept that they will actually make it easier to get between Springs and DHS/Epcot, anyway. They choose to not make it easy now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom