News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

osian

Controversial opinion...discussions about what movie fits into AK and EPCOT always go round in circles and never reach a conclusiion, because there is no movie that fits. They are not movie parks and no movie has ever been made to go into them. The whole premise is wrong. It's like trying to argue which brand of tomato ketchup goes best in a glass of Coke.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Controversial opinion...discussions about what movie fits into AK and EPCOT always go round in circles and never reach a conclusiion, because there is no movie that fits. They are not movie parks and no movie has ever been made to go into them. The whole premise is wrong. It's like trying to argue which brand of tomato ketchup goes best in a glass of Coke.

Heinz, obviously! It's "spice forward" clove and cinnamon notes would compliment the classic flavor profile of Coca-Cola.

doctornick

It's a small pool of serviceable characters. Disney's collection of non-anthropomorphized animals are mainly domesticated cats and dogs which kind of goes against DAK. While fun, The Rescuers wouldn't really work. A case could be made for The Fox and Hound but again, not really for DAK. Brother Bear? Maybe.

The more obvious IP choice is Jungle Book. (though again anthropomorphized) It's criminally underrepresented in DAK.
Go figure?!
Agree with Jungle Book in Asia which is pretty ideal.

Bambi is IMHO the obvious other choice for DAK. I always liked the idea of a type of “Critter Country” with Bambi, Pocahontas, Chip and Dale (even Humphrey the Bear?), maybe Fox and the Hound, maybe 101 Dalmatians, etc.

aladdin2007

Bambi is IMHO the obvious other choice for DAK. I always liked the idea of a type of “Critter Country” with Bambi, Pocahontas, Chip and Dale (even Humphrey the Bear?), maybe Fox and the Hound, maybe 101 Dalmatians, etc.
agree....and Tarzan,,,,why do they ignore it so...does it have something to do with the estate of the author and copyright etc?..... What they should be doing is the lion king dark ride that they had been planning at one time awhile back. its a no brainer.

doctornick

Imagine dinosaur was themed to moana and the vehicle was a surf boat and that area was themed to oceana just a thought anyway

I don't really like the idea of replacing Dinoland USA, but I have to admit that I am pretty okay with Moana going to DAK and anchoring an Oceania land especially if it featured wildlife from Australia and the Pacific Islands.

Granted that it would need appropriate execution for the park, but the themes of the movie actually fit the park fairly well (transformation via adventure, respect for nature, etc.)

SpectreJordan

It's a small pool of serviceable characters. Disney's collection of non-anthropomorphized animals are mainly domesticated cats and dogs which kind of goes against DAK. While fun, The Rescuers wouldn't really work. A case could be made for The Fox and Hound but again, not really for DAK. Brother Bear? Maybe.

The more obvious IP choice is Jungle Book. (though again anthropomorphized) It's criminally underrepresented in DAK.
Go figure?!
Lion King & Jungle Book are the most obvious additions. They would only have to add just a ride for those two since they'd be easily placed in Africa & Asia; a Pride Lands expansion with a Pride Rock centerpiece could be stunning though.

I'd love for a North American land with a Bambi ride. I have nostalgia for Brother Bear & I think it'd be a good fit for DAK but man I can't see modern Disney giving that movie anything more than a pin sadly.

Tha Realest

I don’t necessarily disagree, but can you imagine being stuck in the spot where the AA of Bambi’s mother is shot and keeps dying and resetting and dying in an endless cycle like Edge of Tomorrow?

Chef idea Mickey`=

Realistically, some sort of modern light rail going from the Crescent Lakes resorts/DHS and connecting to Blizzard Beach and then onto DAK and then AKL would probably make the most sense even though it wouldn't be as "magical". An elevated monorail would be cooler, but it doesn't seem like Disney is as interested in such things any more.

Could also have some sort of a spur to Coronado but as a moderate that seems less critical.
A Tram light rail like in Europe would be magical.. it be the next Disney mode of Transportation it could also connect with Disney Spring's also. The Disney Tramway!

doctornick

A Tram light rail like in Europe would be magical.. it be the next Disney mode of Transportation it could also connect with Disney Spring's also. The Disney Tramway!

Yeah, I actually think a modern sleek tram (which is what I would call it as opposed to "light rail" if I were Disney) would be pretty interesting for WDW an additional transportation element and would actually be reasonable affordable to build.

I envisioned a line that goes AKL -> DAK -> Blizzard Beach -> DHS. Then you can have a separate spur that goes from BB -> Coronado -> Fantasia Gardens/Swan (maybe?) -> Epcot/Boardward/Crescent Lake. Enough frequency and longer hours and you might increase usage of the mini golf and the establishments at the Boardwalk.

SilentWindODoom

Oh, snap! The thread is alive again! Time to catch up on the latest news with... *checks notes* Studios expansion, Magic Kingdom expansion, and Skyliner expansion. Poops. I was hoping there was news.

Just ditch the 'Toy Story Land' sign and make a Pixar Studios land, make the left side a LucasFilms land, make Animation Courtyard a Disney Animation land, and let Sunset Blvd be a Golden Era land.

When toying around with the idea of a Studios park from the ground-up, different lands based on different studios with gates as entrances (which they did with Pixar Place before making it an abandoned dead-end because if anything the Studios needs less linked together pathways and routes) seems pretty natural and fitting to the theme.

Carsland and RSR are really great but I still don’t want any single IP lands in MK. In Disneyland they only did it with Galaxy’s Edge because they had to. Let the lands of MK remain broad and timeless.

What if it's like Storybook Circus? It's Radiator Springs and there's a sign for it, but it's just Frontierland?

As a Disneyland guy, I hope you guys don't get Cars Land. Im sorry. Haha. It should stay exclusive to DLR. I'm not anti cloning but I do like the concept of at least one signature land being exclusive to a park/resort.

You have New Orleans Square, an actual Toontown, and the ability to use Marvel characters. DLR is not hurting for exclusivity over us. :cry:

Probably post-first movie, since that's what the Laugh Floor and Ride and Go Seek do.

Oooh. I did not think of the fact that moving Laugh Floor to DHS would give it a fitting permanent home. People crap on it, but I have visited it on all of our trips and always found it a hoot. Would love to see it stick around and it's just the kind of thing people say the part needs. Then that whole side of Tomorrowland would be open for expansion.

It is unique and very well done, it just feels a little out of place for Epcot. Epcot’s all about ‘future idealism’ and a realistic space simulator while good for what it is just doesn’t seem to fit for me. I’d rather have it inside the old stitch building at MK

The whole thing is about human travel to Mars. That's pretty futuristic.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

"What fits" is fine as an academic discussion, but it really has little bearing on what Disney will actually do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom