Citrus Dreamin' - A NEW Imagineering Competition - Chat and Hype Thread

tcool123

Ya'll ready to see Disney's latest answer to Epic Universe??
429308245_397289912932298_6303988707536767266_n.jpg

The most baffling part is that they're literally doing the EXACT SAME THING (random Pixar character show/party) at the old ElecTRONica/Mad T Party backlot area. Just freaking mind-blowing. This kind of garbage really makes Eisner look like a freaking maverick even in his darkest years.

But this is at DCA so not an answer for Epic, and is only for 2024. Honestly? In terms of new offerings I do think that Disney wins 2024 in Florida as it's the battle of the rethemes Dreamworks Land w/ support from Villain Con Blast vs Bayou Adventure support from Tron & Luminous.

I think these seasonal offerings are harmless additions that boost capacity while tapping into underused areas, and should be done more often at the Florida parks outside of the Epcot festivals, Halloween and Christmas szn. Frozen Summer Fun while not groundbreaking added an extra oomph to DHS when it had nothing going on, and honestly both resorts in Florida could use something like that for what is going to be a lackluster Summer (look at the deals they're doing for residents of Florida AND Georgia this year). In fact a real head scratcher this year is Universal going backwards with Mardi Gras this year as it actually shrinks and isn't as detailed as previous years, but I get why from a business perspective (numbers aren't pretty in Orlando this year).

Ya'll ready to see Disney's latest answer to Epic Universe??
429308245_397289912932298_6303988707536767266_n.jpg

The most baffling part is that they're literally doing the EXACT SAME THING (random Pixar character show/party) at the old ElecTRONica/Mad T Party backlot area. Just freaking mind-blowing. This kind of garbage really makes Eisner look like a freaking maverick even in his darkest years.
Honestly, putting a Pixar show in the bare Hollywood backlot is a lot of sense since we have the monsters Inc. darkride in the backlot too, maybe during Pixar fest the Hollywood Backlot becomes a permanent Pixar backlot?

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member

***NYT Crossword spoilers***

Just in case.

IMG_7181.png

IMG_7183.jpeg

THIS ISNT MAKING SENSE TO ME. HOW IS EPCOT CENTER IN THE SOUTHWEST?!?! IT’S NOT, THAT’S HOW!! And that answer helped me find other answers, so I know it’s also correct!!

I mean unless they’re going with “Walt came up with the original idea in California.” But still.

**** rant over ****

AceAstro

Just in case.

View attachment 773461

View attachment 773460

THIS ISNT MAKING SENSE TO ME. HOW IS EPCOT CENTER IN THE SOUTHWEST?!?! IT’S NOT, THAT’S HOW!! And that answer helped me find other answers, so I know it’s also correct!!

I mean unless they’re going with “Walt came up with the original idea in California.” But still.

**** rant over ****
I had to look it up as well and it is an incredible puzzle

Depending on how/ which ones you fill out, you get a different middle answer that STILL works with the puzzle.

1710702039441.png

For example, I did Niagara Falls so got North East and it still works

1710702086401.png

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member

Just in case.

View attachment 773461

View attachment 773460

**** rant over ****
The Everglades aren’t why am I bold?? How did my font become bold??

Anyway. The Everglades aren’t either. I finally had to look into it. It’s a type of crossword where the “revealer” can actually be multiple answers. In this case “southwest” and “southeast” and either answer will still give you a correct puzzle. I didn’t know these existed until this moment.

I am equally bamboozled and impressed.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I had to look it up as well and it is an incredible puzzle

Depending on how/ which ones you fill out, you get a different middle answer that STILL works with the puzzle.

View attachment 773464

For example, I did Niagara Falls so got North East and it still works

View attachment 773465
I forgot you could do images in spoiler tags 😆

AceAstro

I finally had to look into it. It’s a type of crossword where the “revealer” can actually be multiple answers. In this case “southwest” and “southeast” and either answer will still give you a correct puzzle. I didn’t know these existed until this moment.
They don't do it often but when they do it is always great.

Probably the most famous one was in 1996 when they made the Crossword so that regardless of who was elected president the next day, the rest of the clues still worked.
nytimescrossword.gif

Disney Dad 3000

Just in case.

View attachment 773461

View attachment 773460

**** rant over ****

NYT apparently conspiring with Google Maps to confuse the crap out of all of us

1710702503180.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom