Citrus Dreamin' - A NEW Imagineering Competition - Chat and Hype Thread

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
They don't do it often but when they do it is always great.

Probably the most famous one was in 1996 when they made the Crossword so that regardless of who was elected president the next day, the rest of the clues still worked.
nytimescrossword.gif
That’s crazy!!!!

cdunlap

My Algebra/US History teacher had a rather amusing audiobook playing this morning. It was about the Conquest of the Americas by European powers. The author clearly had an anti-colonial bias and it shows with how they show more of the evils of colonialism than any book of mine, downright villainizing Christopher Columbus, who deserves to be as villainized as humanly possible, and Francisco De Coronado, another terrible person, while, for whatever reason, excluding famous Conquistadors Hernan Cortes and Francisco Pizarro. I don’t know the title, but it was very interesting.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
My Algebra/US History teacher had a rather amusing audiobook playing this morning. It was about the Conquest of the Americas by European powers. The author clearly had an anti-colonial bias and it shows with how they show more of the evils of colonialism than any book of mine, downright villainizing Christopher Columbus, who deserves to be as villainized as humanly possible, and Francisco De Coronado, another terrible person, while, for whatever reason, excluding famous Conquistadors Hernan Cortes and Francisco Pizarro. I don’t know the title, but it was very interesting.
An algebra/ US history playing an audiobook about the horrors of colonialism without telling people about other conquistadors. It’s actually very clever marketing, not many people outside of Florida know about Cortez while almost everyone knows about Columbus, especially in this day and age.

cdunlap

Today, my English class did a Julius Caesar (Shakespeare) workshop. Here are some highlights:
I was having the best time of my life in the classroom
I summed up Caesar’s life at the beginning of the workshop for the unaware
We skipped over Caesar’s assassination and went straight to Caesar’s funeral
I played my favorite Roman historical figure, Marc Antony, and a friend of mine played Brutus
I delivered my speech in a manner that I can only describe as “doing my dream role here and slaying!”
My friend doing Brutus used a British accent
Someone thought Marc Antony killed Caesar, so I had to break character and explain to him that Brutus killed Caesar and Antony was Caesar’s friend
Me and the workshop person had the exact same vibe

JokersWild

Hey, guys. I just finished a pretty amazing trip to Tokyo Disney. My mom is visiting from the US so we went all out this time and were able to get a room at the Hotel Mira Costa. It really does blow every other Disney hotel out of the water for a fraction of what it would cost in the US. Seriously one of the best hotels I’ve ever stayed at.

I was also able to see some of the shows, something I’m not too terribly into at Disney parks, but I figured it’d be something fun to try. We saw Mickey’s Magical Music World at Disneyland and Big Band Beat at DisneySEA. Both were incredibly unique and were really sold by how into it the crowd and actors were. Big Band Beat had Mickey Mouse go from playing a live drum set to tap dancing and back to drumming. All while acting the most excited I have ever seen a costumed character act. It was a really incredible show. I also experienced my first theme park earthquake, which was something.

Anyway that’s all from me. I’ll be back from the rest of my trip in about a week. I’ll leave you all with some pictures.

IMG_1591.jpeg
IMG_1517.jpeg
img_1594-jpeg.774081
IMG_1520.jpeg
IMG_1543.jpeg
IMG_1617.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1594.jpeg
    IMG_1594.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 144

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom